LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

Since the 90's, who was the best kicker we have had?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Since the 90's, who was the best kicker we have had?

Which of these Niners was the best kicker?
Jeff Wilkens. We should of never let him go to the Rams
Obviously Gary Anderson was the best ever, but his year in SF was far from spectacular, gotta go with Wilkins then Nedney.

Whoever voted for Cortez the game-killer and Andrus are clearly troll (or Cortez and Andrus themselves)
[ Edited by Penna9erFan on Jan 19, 2011 at 6:55 PM ]
Jose Cortez by far, end of question! dude single handedly blew more consecutive games for any team I can remember

Dude was AUTOMATIC.

At missing.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

Dude was AUTOMATIC.

At missing.

F#$king stud!!
[ Edited by mryan1004 on Jan 19, 2011 at 6:59 PM ]
Nedney.

But why no love for Cofer. We rarely need to depend on Cofer for a win. Joe and Co. usually beat them with a TD, but he was pretty consistent. And I've seen him made a 50 yarder at Candlestick. Very difficult with that swirling wind there.
i picked mike c but i was going to pick joe nedney but chose to go old school first..but i do know this joe nedney would kick any kickers butt on any team..we got the tuffest kicker by far ever see the guy with an axe.
Alex Romero.
Originally posted by asu49ers:
Jeff Wilkens. We should of never let him go to the Rams

Nedney is a good one.but Wilkins should never have been allowed to sign with the rams

I say this all the time and get ignored... Jose Cortez missed TWO game winning FGs. He made more than 3. He has the team record for consecutive FGs made. His only issue was getting kicks blocked.

Not a bad kicker... actually, one of our better ones.
Wilkin and Nedney by far. I think Jeff Reed will beat out Nedney in 2011 and hopefully he he gets his s**t straight and loses some weight.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Nedney.

But why no love for Cofer. We rarely need to depend on Cofer for a win. Joe and Co. usually beat them with a TD, but he was pretty consistent. And I've seen him made a 50 yarder at Candlestick. Very difficult with that swirling wind there.

Yeah he was good. Actually he does deserve to be in the Nedney/Wilkins conversation.
[ Edited by jones49 on Jan 19, 2011 at 7:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Penna9erFan:
Obviously Gary Anderson was the best ever, but his year in SF was far from spectacular, gotta go with Wilkins then Nedney.

Whoever voted for Cortez the game-killer and Andrus are clearly troll (or Cortez and Andrus themselves)

Who the f**k voted for Andrus?
Originally posted by aman49:
I say this all the time and get ignored... Jose Cortez missed TWO game winning FGs. He made more than 3. He has the team record for consecutive FGs made. His only issue was getting kicks blocked.

Not a bad kicker... actually, one of our better ones.

I hate pochman way more. Maybe it's my blind hate, but he seemed to have trouble making extra points.
Share 49ersWebzone