There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Wish we still had this coach

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I miss seeing a Head Coach with a BIG a$$ CARD full of offensive plays and scenarios

I can't wait to see it again with Harbaugh

EDIT: aside from, I think, Frank Pollack (#75) and the "cord holder" everyone in that picture made me happy. Garrison Hearst (left, behind scrawny cord holder guy), Coach Steve, Coach Stewart (behind Steve), Jesse Sapolu (behind coach Stewart) and Terrel Owens
[ Edited by Sims84 on Jan 18, 2011 at 1:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Sims84:

I miss seeing a Head Coach with a BIG a$$ CARD full of offensive plays and scenarios

EDIT: aside from, I think, Frank Pollack (#75) and the "cord holder" everyone in that picture made me happy. Garrison Hearst (left, behind scrawny cord holder guy), Coach Steve, Coach Stewart (behind Steve), Jesse Sapolu (behind coach Stewart) and Terrel Owens

dude the "cord holder" was the backbone of the 49er franchise....how dare you
Originally posted by WestCoast:

your right! shame on me
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Man I wish we still had this coach. He was great.

Anybody else think Raye looks like a black Uncle Fester?
Originally posted by cxzhou83:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Man I wish we still had this coach. He was great.

Anybody else think Raye looks like a black Uncle Fester?

Yup, it's been said plenty of times. Also Bill Cosby.
Originally posted by Kendrick:
G.S. he was a special teams coach for us wasnt he?

He started out on special teams, then they switched him to WR's a few years later.

Here's an exert form the prifile on the Vikings sight

Prior to joining Atlanta, Stewart was an integral part of the San Francisco 49ers’ success from 1996-2002, as the team advanced to the playoffs 5 times in those 7 seasons. In 1997, the 49ers won the NFC West with a 13-3 mark and eventually lost to Green Bay in the NFC Championship game. During that time, Stewart tutored the 49ers WRs and helped elevate each of Terrell Owens, J.J. Stokes and Tai Streets performances, with Owens making Pro Bowls and All-Pro in 3 straight seasons from 2000-02. Owens had 17 games over the 100-yard receiving mark and 5 games with 150+ yards. Before working with Stewart, Owens’ career-highs for season receptions was 67, a mark he shattered with 97, 93 and 100 respectively in 2000, ’01 and ’02. Owens set his career-high in receiving yards with 1,451 in 2000 and TDs with 16 in 2001. He broke a 50-year-old NFL record when he caught 20 passes for 283 yards against the Bears in 2000 en route to his career-best day.

It doesn't say anything about being the special teams coach, but I do remeber he was hired as such.

http://www.vikings.com/team/coaches/george-stewart/96d62481-bdb5-4609-b7fc-af73ee89ccc1

According to this website he is staying with the Vikings so it's not going to happen.

http://gridironfans.com/forums/latest-nfl-headlines/150082-vikings-keeping-d-line-coach-karl-dunbar.html
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:40 AM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
the guy in dallas got fired and he was a great WR coach

I'm hoping for Ray Sherman.

Ray has a history with us. he was our Running Backs coach then Recivers coach

Sherman spent three seasons (1991-93) with the San Francisco 49ers, first as their running backs coach (1991) then as the receivers coach (1992-93). Under Sherman's guidance, Jerry Rice had one of the best seasons of his career in 1993, recording 1,503 yards and 15 touchdowns en route to earning AP Offensive Player of the Year honors.

He also spent time in Green Bay and Minnesota under Mike Sherman and Dennis Green, so he knows the WCO. I think he'd be a great hire.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/team_biosCoachExec.cfm?newName=Ray_Sherman
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:49 AM ]

Who says white men cant jump? lol
Bobb
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

Who says white men cant jump? lol

he's actually not that high up.. lol.
TO making the catch obviously, Jesse Sapolu in the background, who's the ginger to Mooch's right and the other player in gear.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
TO making the catch obviously, Jesse Sapolu in the background, who's the ginger to Mooch's right and the other player in gear.

Garrison Hearst behind the "cord holder" and #75 is Frank Pollack, a back up Tackle I believe

I loved Mooch.

If Owens is catching a pass, why is the rest of the offense on the sideline? And, yes, by 'rest', I mean the one offensive lineman I can see and one running back.

And what season did Garcia get promoted from Cord Holder to QB? Just sayin'.
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for NatralBrnThrila.
Originally posted by WestCoast:

Wasn't that Mooch's whipping boy, Shuggy or something? I remember watching a mic'd up show on NFLN, and Mooch had a little pygmy that he gave a hard time, running around getting him sh*t he forgot in his office and such.

Regardless, look at that guy doing a job for the 9ers. Speaks to a time when no job was overlooked and I'll bet that guy was damn happy just to be there holding a cord...good times

Come home Shuggy, or whatever your name might be. It's time to go back to work.....holding cords