There are 170 users in the forums

Stadium question for the people who live in SF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by linkboy:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

FWIW, the clean-up is actually well underway.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/cityinsider/detail?entry_id=72473

That actually says the money hasn't been approved by Congress yet (but its from Sept 10).

I know the cleanup is underway, but we're talking about the Federal Government here. Nothing they do ever gets done on time. I'm in the Air Force, you don't know how many times government projects go overbudget and don't get finished on time.

That's the point I was making. What happens if the 49ers sign on to the deal and it takes longer to get the land cleaned up. The 49ers want the stadium built by 2015, a single delay could really impact that.

I'm actually in the camp that believes Santa Clara is the much better option. I just wanted to point out that the clean-up $$$ has been flowing for a while.
I've posted many times on the same topic. So I'll just repeat myself

"LOOK, building in SF is ideal but it will never happen. Traffic? ok well then they can build more ramps leading to 101. For example, a "bridge" from the RV lot to 101 south, say 6 lanes. BUT that would cut across the water and too much politics would stop it. Seriously. Why do you think the stadium that Eddie D proposed never got off the ground? Was the mall stupid? Maybe. The real reason it never happened was again politics. As I've said before, as soon as some dork finds out that the Northern California water cricket's habitat is threatened, then they have to have a study that lasts 30 years to find out that they cant produce the usual 50 billion crickets and the project is stalled.

I'll take SC if thats what it takes to keep my team in the bay.

Since I've lived in Excelsior my whole life, just 4 miles from the 'Stick, I've always said to build it in McLaren Park. Its basically an abandoned park thats pretty dam creepy at night and no one ever visits (unless you have vicious pitbulls you like to take there cuz you can take their leash off and not worry). But again, tree huggers have issues and god forbid we cut down trees in the great wilderness that is SF."

AND..

"The Empire State building was built in 410 days. The residents of San Francisco passed Proposition D to build a Stadium 13 years ago. YES, I am aware that Eddie D threw a huge monkey wrench in the wole thing by getting ousted as owner. We all know it would have been done years ago if he was still owner. But please, no one hold there breath on this stadium being built in SF. IMO this is the the real reason nothing is or will be built:

"Environmental groups, including Arc Ecology, are threatening to sue to stop the Yosemite Slough bridge, saying it is costly and unnecessary and will harm wildlife."
-courtesy of John Cote @ SFGATE.COM

Truthfully, I don't mind driving to Santa Clara. At least they'll stay in the Bay and I can still tailgate at least 10 times a year."
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:

"LOOK, building in SF is ideal but it will never happen. Traffic? ok well then they can build more ramps leading to 101. For example, a "bridge" from the RV lot to 101 south, say 6 lanes. BUT that would cut across the water and too much politics would stop it. Seriously. Why do you think the stadium that Eddie D proposed never got off the ground? Was the mall stupid? Maybe. The real reason it never happened was again politics. As I've said before, as soon as some dork finds out that the Northern California water cricket's habitat is threatened, then they have to have a study that lasts 30 years to find out that they cant produce the usual 50 billion crickets and the project is stalled.

Since I've lived in Excelsior my whole life, just 4 miles from the 'Stick, I've always said to build it in McLaren Park. Its basically an abandoned park thats pretty dam creepy at night and no one ever visits (unless you have vicious pitbulls you like to take there cuz you can take their leash off and not worry). But again, tree huggers have issues and god forbid we cut down trees in the great wilderness that is SF."

AND..

"The Empire State building was built in 410 days. The residents of San Francisco passed Proposition D to build a Stadium 13 years ago. YES, I am aware that Eddie D threw a huge monkey wrench in the wole thing by getting ousted as owner. We all know it would have been done years ago if he was still owner. But please, no one hold there breath on this stadium being built in SF. IMO this is the the real reason nothing is or will be built:

"Environmental groups, including Arc Ecology, are threatening to sue to stop the Yosemite Slough bridge, saying it is costly and unnecessary and will harm wildlife."

Truthfully, I don't mind driving to Santa Clara. At least they'll stay in the Bay and I can still tailgate at least 10 times a year."

Actually Lennar and environmental groups just last week cut a deal to drop the suits allowing the bridge to move forward.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/09/BAOQ1H6A5I.DTL&feed=rss.news

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2011/01/11/hunters_point_migratory_birds_breath_a_sigh_of_relief.php

AND..

Actually Lennar and environmental groups just last week cut a deal to drop the suits allowing the bridge to move forward.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/01/09/BAOQ1H6A5I.DTL&feed=rss.news

http://sf.curbed.com/archives/2011/01/11/hunters_point_migratory_birds_breath_a_sigh_of_relief.php

OOOOOHH! Nice to hear. That's 1.. What about a bridge connecting Jamestown or Gilman to 101 cutting through the bay? I know its not been discussed but IMO that would ease the traffic issue and must be done. There really is nothing else that could be done unless you go through the mountain

AND..

OOOOOHH! Nice to hear. That's 1.. What about a bridge connecting Jamestown or Gilman to 101 cutting through the bay? I know its not been discussed but IMO that would ease the traffic issue and must be done. There really is nothing else that could be done unless you go through the mountain

Yeah, I don't know. The Niners won't build there regardless of this development.

AND..

Yeah, I don't know. The Niners won't build there regardless of this development.

This bridge and new infrastructure is going to help travel to and from the Stick while the 9ers are still there. Assuming they can't get the financing they want for Santa Clara in the next couple of years (and I do assume that) things may change very quickly. The Lennar plan leaves the stadium option open until 2015 from what I understand. Up until that point they can still put an NFL stadium there.
Share 49ersWebzone