There are 208 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Popular veteran player Harbaugh will get rid of

Question is...do you all think Gore will be the same player after the injury he suffered?! I heard chances are very slim. Dude is not superman.
Originally posted by Rizo:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???

Really Sus...Really?

Just my opinion bro, I may be wrong but its something to talk about.

It's stupid to talk about! GORE is our BEST player, ON & OFF the field!

did you know that Patrick Willis plays for the 49ers........

OMG!!!!!!!!!! I can't talk to this guy! haha P-Willy is THE MAN! but we don't WIN unless we score on Offense, so GORE is a lil more important. and NOTHING AGAINST P-Willy! cause this D would be NOTHING without HIM!

I dont know man, Gore is a beast no doubt, but when you have a team that hasn't had a good passing game almost as long as he's been on the team, and relied on him mainly without platooning him his stats will look good. On the other hand Willis is the best linebacker in all of football, anchors the defense, runs down receivers like no other linebacker and inspires the defense around him, i put more value on him
  • MILFS
  • Veteran
Frank Gore will not be cut
Originally posted by Furlow:
I don't get the man love on the WZ for Gore, I really don't. Yes the guy is a great talent and he's been an amazing player for us, but teams that build their offense around a RB rarely win Super Bowls. Plus these days it's becoming even increasingly more uncommon to have a "feature" back because of injuries. With Gore's unwillingness to share time with other RB's, he is really only effective when he's the offensive focus.

If our goal is to return to the WCO and a philosophy similar to Walsh's, then we should expect and want our RB to be similar to RB's of that era. The Niners' best teams always had multiple RB's who found success in the offense, and that was mainly out of the backfield. It was pretty rare to have one break 1,000 yards; Roger Craig being the exception. And Frank Gore is no Roger Craig...

Frank Gore fits what you just described. Frank Gore is gonna KILL in this Offense and you haters will be all on his NUTS during the Season.

No one is "hating" on Gore, especially me. I give the man his props, he is a warrior. I just don't think he fits the WCO. My opinion. If you think he's as good as Roger Craig then you must not have seen Roger Craig play
I don't get the man love on the WZ for Gore, I really don't. Yes the guy is a great talent and he's been an amazing player for us, but teams that build their offense around a RB rarely win Super Bowls. Plus these days it's becoming even increasingly more uncommon to have a "feature" back because of injuries. With Gore's unwillingness to share time with other RB's, he is really only effective when he's the offensive focus.

If our goal is to return to the WCO and a philosophy similar to Walsh's, then we should expect and want our RB to be similar to RB's of that era. The Niners' best teams always had multiple RB's who found success in the offense, and that was mainly out of the backfield. It was pretty rare to have one break 1,000 yards; Roger Craig being the exception. And Frank Gore is no Roger Craig...

Frank Gore fits what you just described. Frank Gore is gonna KILL in this Offense and you haters will be all on his NUTS during the Season.

No one is "hating" on Gore, especially me. I give the man his props, he is a warrior. I just don't think he fits the WCO. My opinion. If you think he's as good as Roger Craig then you must not have seen Roger Craig play

Originally posted by Otter:
(re: Frank Gore) I don't know, I'm just spitballing here, but maybe because he can catch out of the backfield, pick up a blitzer and run between and outside of the tackles.

All the staples of a WCO type of back.

Gore? No. No. No. Because he is the best running back in both the run and passing game.

But "get rid of" ... veteran ... popular ... mmmm ... Nate Davis.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
But you're susweel or whatever.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by ninerbrand:
Every new coach that comes in usually dumps at least one popular vet player from the previous regime.

My money says its gonna be Gore.

To me Gore just doesn't have that team first attitude, he seems very concerned with his stats more then he does about the overall team success.

Here is how its probably gonna go down. Gore meets with Harbaugh: Harbaugh tells Gore that he is only gonna get about 50% of the carries because Harbaugh believes in the running back by committee approach. Gore gets pissed and tells Harbaugh to kick rocks, and Gore ends up getting traded for a mid round pick.

who do you think its gonna be ???

I'm all for trading Gore if we can get a 1st/2nd round pick for him.

I thought this was a serious thread?

Apparently work-horse running backs with two bad knees warrant 1st round picks nowadays
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Alex Smith.

When you can have the yards per carry average that he has had throughout his career when everyone in the civilized free world KNOWS the 49ers are going to run the ball, yes I'd say you can make an argument that Gore is better than Roger Craig. When your team had no real offensive threats, meaning teams didn't have to gameplan for ANYONE else until Vernon Davis broke out in 2009, then yes, I'd say you can make an argument that Gore is better than Roger Craig (when teams had to gameplan for Dwight Clark, Jerry Rice, John Taylor, Montana, etc).

No disrespect intended to Roger Craig, but I think because we have been terrible for so long, people are looking for someone to blame, dump, or minimize a particular players value value (Manny Lawson comes to mind).

These posts about trading gore are insane. I've heard reports that he doesn't want to come off of the field, but it's because the guy is passionate about the game. I have a hard time believing that he will have a problem coming off the field (which he did do when he was at Miami) once this team begins winning, IF the sharing of carries actually leads to us winning (which it will with better coaching and game planning).
  • Rizo
  • Veteran

I never claimed that he was better then Craig. and yes I have seen Roger Craig play. I do understand you wanting a RB that fits the WCO and I really do think Gore will do a awesome job in it. That's all I'm saying. He has awesome HANDS! He can catch anything. I actuallly think Gore fits the WCO way more then the spread or even a HARD NOISE RUNNING OFFENSE.
I hope they keep my man Nate Clements. He takes alot of slack on the zone but I still like him as a player. Its not as if he has had a pass rush to help him out .. in his best years Nate was a bump and run man to man corner .. now days as part of our bend but dont break philosophy he plays 8 yards off .. some guys just arent cut out for certain things. Asante Samuel refuses to play bump and run ... is he the same player ofcourse not but the grass is not always greener elsewhere. The coaches should tinker with playing to the strengths of the players just a thought. He needs to accept a pay cut and he is probably better suited to face #2 wideouts but I hope Nate stays. After QB corner is probably the hardest position in football to play and several DB's around the league get burnt every week (ala Cromartie).. ease off my man Clements
  • Rizo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash:

Originally posted by Otter:
(re: Frank Gore) I don't know, I'm just spitballing here, but maybe because he can catch out of the backfield, pick up a blitzer and run between and outside of the tackles.

All the staples of a WCO type of back.

That was MY POINT! Thank u for saying it BETTER!!!!!!!!! haha
Gore's situation reminds me a LOT of Marshall Faulk's (with the Colts) towards the late 90s (somewhat injury-prone RB with new coach; new QB calling shots, offensive differences) and could have a similar outcome.
Just imagine Frank Gore being in an offense where he does not need to deal with these:

1. Defense knowing exactly where he will run
2. Defense knowing the passing game ain't s**t
3. 3rd down draws
4. Defense knowing exactly when he's going to run.