There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Better start looking for a FB

Originally posted by Wubbie:
I have a lot of faith in Tom Rathman to coach up a fullback who's not the best blocker. Garrison Hearst, Frank Gore, and (later on in his career here) Kevan Barlow were all great pass-blockers. Meanwhile, Fred Beasley and Moran Norris were excellent run-blocking FBs.

Oh... With that said, Harbaugh needs to retain Rathman as RBs coach. I'm sure Rathman and Tomsula are the ones Harbaugh will want to keep though.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Besides Byham who is already on the roster. Here are the top 3 prospects from the Great Blue Draft Report:

Stanley Havili 6-0, 230 4.65 Southern California
Owen Marecic 6-1, 235 4.85 Stanford (LB)
Shaun Chapas 6-1, 245 4.65 Georgia

Havili is the most versatile and the best receiver out of the group. Marecic is good but not exceptional and Chapas is someone I know nothing about. Between Byham and one of these three, the Niners should have the position covered next year.

What about Hynoski From Pitt. He can run, block and catch. I read that Havili needs to improve on his blocking and Marecic needs to improve on his pass catching.
Mike Iupati
North Carolina TE/FB/H-back Zach Pianalto. Terrific receiver and a strong blocker. If not for an injury, he would've been in talks for being an earlier pick for teams looking for a new FB.

He should be available to pick with one of our four 7th round picks.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 28, 2011 at 01:19:20 ]
Could Brit Miller be brought back? He wasn't a bad blocker and was a pretty good receiver out of the backfield.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Fred Beasley

Why stop there? I wonder what William Floyd is doing.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Fred Beasley

The Fridge.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Fred Beasley

The Fridge.

Tom Rath.... oh!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Frankly, I rather see us snag a bigger RB that has seen some time at FB in college, and rotate Byham and Walker at the position as well.

Yeah, if we go draft... If FA, then Tolbert from Chargers or Snelling from Atlanta (both are FA's !!!)
Quote:
Ryan Taylor, FB/HB, North Carolina

The 250-pound Taylor is a fullback-tight end hybrid. He's got good size and he can catch the ball out of the backfield. His April 6 and 7 visit highlights the 49ers' desire for a fullback who fits their new offense.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/03/49ers-pre-draft.html#ixzz1HtprJXh1

Player Bio

[ Edited by PTulini on Mar 28, 2011 at 06:21:04 ]
Terry Kirby
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by mtminer:
Marecic can follow Haubaugh from Stanford. Could be had for 5th/6th.

To be honest, i think he's good but he seems winded after playing on both sides of the ball!

Ya think?
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Patrick Wills plays both MLB and FB, makes ProBowl at both.

this
i like the kid from USC (Havili) and the kid from UNC.. But i even like the fact that Harbaugh for an insurance just incase his "perfect player" gets drafted by another team..
Originally posted by 9moon:
i like the kid from USC (Havili) and the kid from UNC.. But i even like the fact that Harbaugh for an insurance just incase his "perfect player" gets drafted by another team..

That's my take on it. marecic is gonna be a Niner... But...just in case we need a 2nd. and/or 3rd. option.. I like the strategy too.. hey maybe we get 2 rookie FB's