There are 260 users in the forums

Better start looking for a FB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Originally posted by mtminer:
Marecic can follow Haubaugh from Stanford. Could be had for 5th/6th.

Yeah, I wants Marecic, he'd be more in tune to the system than any other (of course) from day one.

And with his LB experience he could be a demon special teams. Maybe even an emergency LB, if we hit with injuries.

Yeah, I wants Marecic, he'd be more in tune to the system than any other (of course) from day one.

Kevin Lynch's Orange Bowl observation on Marecic:

Quote:
Stanford FB Owen Marecic - Not knocking people back. Good block on big TD run in the first quarter. He seems to always block the correct shoulder of the defender but, he doesn't crush people. I know he plays both ways, but I think he's a little overrated.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=80252#ixzz1AVvdVa8i

It was only one game, but I did notice Kevin's observations as well. Who knows though? Bulk him up to give him a little more thump and we may have another good candidate.
Adam Walker
Jehuu Caulrick?
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:

To be honest, i think he's good but he seems winded after playing on both sides of the ball!

so he plays all 3 phases and you question his stamina?

Lol Yes i want a man that doesn't need oxygen, oxygen is for pussies!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
agree with giving nate byham a shot.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

To be honest, i think he's good but he seems winded after playing on both sides of the ball!

so he plays all 3 phases and you question his stamina?

Lol Yes i want a man that doesn't need oxygen, oxygen is for pussies!

Harbaugh on Marecic: "This youngster is an amazing football player, the perfectly engineered football player."
Stanley Havili please.
or Transition Nate Byham i think that could turn out well

although he has already proven to be a good enough 2nd TE i think Del. Walker could fit the bill as well
Originally posted by cubanb:
Michael Robinson!

It's not so funny when you watch the TD run Lynch had vs the Saints. M. Rob was the fullback on that play.
Originally posted by btwagner:
Adam Walker

'95 Divisional Playoff game vs Packers

Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by cubanb:
Michael Robinson!

It's not so funny when you watch the TD run Lynch had vs the Saints. M. Rob was the fullback on that play.

It's funny watching Robinson at fullback. He never puts is hand on the ground.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by redrathman:
He's already on the roster.

This. Pro Bowl caliber FB..

This...

Remember when Rathman had 70 catches for the Niners that one year? I think it was '89.. Byham is capable of that in the WCO. Beef him up, work on his blocking, bigger shoulder pads lol

He's not athletic enough.
Originally posted by K-Rise:
Now that we're returning to the true WCO we're going to need a FB that can do more than just run into linebackers especially in seeing how harbaugh used Maecic at Stanford. Any thoughts on any potential free agents or draft prospects to find our next rathman or will Floyd? As far as I know Leonard weaver s the best WCO FB now and he commanded a huge salary.

GET HIM LEONARD!!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

Kevin Lynch's Orange Bowl observation on Marecic:

Quote:
Stanford FB Owen Marecic - Not knocking people back. Good block on big TD run in the first quarter. He seems to always block the correct shoulder of the defender but, he doesn't crush people. I know he plays both ways, but I think he's a little overrated.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=80252#ixzz1AVvdVa8i

It was only one game, but I did notice Kevin's observations as well. Who knows though? Bulk him up to give him a little more thump and we may have another good candidate.

Does Jacob Hester blow people off the ball in San Diego? I don't think he is the most physical blocker either, but he gets it done. Marecic may be very comparable to him.
I have a lot of faith in Tom Rathman to coach up a fullback who's not the best blocker. Garrison Hearst, Frank Gore, and (later on in his career here) Kevan Barlow were all great pass-blockers. Meanwhile, Fred Beasley and Moran Norris were excellent run-blocking FBs.
Share 49ersWebzone