There are 153 users in the forums

Better start looking for a FB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Now that we're returning to the true WCO we're going to need a FB that can do more than just run into linebackers especially in seeing how harbaugh used Maecic at Stanford. Any thoughts on any potential free agents or draft prospects to find our next rathman or will Floyd? As far as I know Leonard weaver s the best WCO FB now and he commanded a huge salary.
takeo spikes
Patrick Wills plays both MLB and FB, makes ProBowl at both.
Gerhardt
Zak keasey

[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Jan 8, 2011 at 19:23:43 ]
Marecic can follow Haubaugh from Stanford. Could be had for 5th/6th.
Owen Schmitt is a FA after the season I think
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Frankly, I rather see us snag a bigger RB that has seen some time at FB in college, and rotate Byham and Walker at the position as well.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Zak keasey
I've been clamoring for a FB for the last 4 yrs., but to no avail ...Anyways, Atlanta has 2 guys that that are FA (Snelling and I think Mughelli) that would fit the bill as they can play both RB/FB... My dream would be to get Tolbert from the Chargers as he can do it all and play ST's...

Originally posted by GEEK:
Frankly, I rather see us snag a bigger RB that has seen some time at FB in college, and rotate Byham and Walker at the position as well.

Yeah, if we go draft... If FA, then Tolbert from Chargers or Snelling from Atlanta (both are FA's !!!)
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Patrick Wills plays both MLB and FB, makes ProBowl at both.

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Stanley Havili with our 2nd 4th rounder or the 5th rounder.
Put Rathman back in uniform! Seriously, the position seems to have fallen into disuse. We should be able to pick one up through the draft with no problem.

That would be so cool!
A. Dixon
Share 49ersWebzone