There are 224 users in the forums

Westbrook more valuable than Gore in a Harbaugh offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran

[ Edited by modninerfan on Jan 9, 2011 at 01:40:11 ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by modninerfan:
I dont think Westbrook will be back... When I heard his interview he didnt seem very excited at the idea.

Gore can catch just as good as any Running back out there... people think of him as a power back but the dude has great hands. I think Dixon as a FB in the WCO is an interesting idea... but just because he's big doesnt mean he can block sufficiently, and I dont feel like he can catch anything like Rathman did. Niners need a guy like Leonard Weaver or Earnest Graham. I cant remember the dudes name but I anticipate Harbaugh drafting his FB from Stanford.

If Harbaugh is as serious about the WCO as he says he is, than he will do what he can to talk Westbrook into staying and front office will offer him a decent contract to close out his career here.

Gore is so overrated on this board it isn't even funny.
Originally posted by kray28:
I dont think Westbrook will be back... When I heard his interview he didnt seem very excited at the idea.

Gore can catch just as good as any Running back out there... people think of him as a power back but the dude has great hands. I think Dixon as a FB in the WCO is an interesting idea... but just because he's big doesnt mean he can block sufficiently, and I dont feel like he can catch anything like Rathman did. Niners need a guy like Leonard Weaver or Earnest Graham. I cant remember the dudes name but I anticipate Harbaugh drafting his FB from Stanford.

If Harbaugh is as serious about the WCO as he says he is, than he will do what he can to talk Westbrook into staying and front office will offer him a decent contract to close out his career here.

Please explain.

lol. I would love it if Westbrook decided to come back and was utilized more. but what on earth makes you think that Gore wouldn't be a good fit in a WCO styled offense?
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Please explain.

Don't bother. Gore has lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage over the previous 4 seasons. Any time you hear NFL annalists and former players talk about him, they're practically gushing over him. Stuck on a dips**t offense is Gore's biggest problem.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
What do people think? Is Brian Westbrook, arguably one of the top 3 NFL running backs in terms of receiving ability (and not a bad runner either) a better fit than Frank Gore in a Harbaugh WCO-style offensive scheme?

No.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

lol. I would love it if Westbrook decided to come back and was utilized more. but what on earth makes you think that Gore wouldn't be a good fit in a WCO styled offense?

Gore will a good fit in ANY offense. Reason: he is a damn talented RB, PERIOD.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for 49ersMan420.

Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
What do people think? Is Brian Westbrook, arguably one of the top 3 NFL running backs in terms of receiving ability (and not a bad runner either) a better fit than Frank Gore in a Harbaugh WCO-style offensive scheme?

I completely agree with that. I wouldnt be surprised if the niners sign Westbrook to a 2 year deal now with his experience in the West Coast Offense, he could teach the other guys techniques that could help them learn faster.

that guy was our workhorse AGAIN and there are still some people out there who call him overrated...it isnt funny anymore.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Schulzy:

Please explain.

Don't bother. Gore has lead the NFL in yards from scrimmage over the previous 4 seasons. Any time you hear NFL annalists and former players talk about him, they're practically gushing over him. Stuck on a dips**t offense is Gore's biggest problem.

i prefer to get my information from a person who is a combination of an analyst and a therapist. I only listen to analrapists.
Frank Gore is one of the better receiving backs in the league. I'd try to bring Westbrook back but Frank Gore is more than capable.
them together, utilized properly = more valuable than any other tandem in the league. THAT should be the title of the thread
I just hope we can get Westbrook back.
The day of a single RB getting all the carries is over. Teams need 2 or 3 viable RBs.. Look at the Saints, they were down to their 5th RB yesterday.

I would love to see both Gore and Westbrook in the backfield next year, splitting touches.
Share 49ersWebzone