There are 205 users in the forums

Praise the Organization for Bringing Back the WCO

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I'm gonna cry
  • titan
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for titan.
Respect and tradition will bring back our trophies home.
I'd like to see Harbaugh get Gore and Westbrook in the backfield at least half the time. They can both block, run and pass catch. Also, make Dixon a FB and Delanie an HBack.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'd like to see Harbaugh get Gore and Westbrook in the backfield at least half the time. They can both block, run and pass catch. Also, make Dixon a FB and Delanie an HBack.

We're going to have to draft a prototypical WCO RB to spell Gore - I think Westbrook is gone. If he stays, we should still draft one later rounds.

I totally agree with one of the earlier posts that we need to avoid wasting a high pick on QB (unless we have a "sure thing" WCO passer available). I think we've found enough gems in later rounds, and a QB-savvy coach should be able to find one...
Westbrook's gotta be chomping, and chomping - reminiscing about his time in Philly, and how he was used. Gore will like it too because he seems to be a fine and dandy receiver, himself.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Now, we just have to find a QB to run it.

Jeff Garcia?

We need a QB who has accuracy and can scramble when the pocket collapses. Mick Vick is out of the question and Vince Young has a weak mind.

Got one!

Drum roll please...

Cam Newton.

I like!

I think I would cry if we drafted Cam Newton over Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara. Our CB's are is just much as a liability than our QB situation. Patrick Peterson IMO is an absolute Stud ready to shut down NFL WR's. Just trade a 3rd for Kolb or Orton and wait for next years draft. You gotta believe that ST. Louis will try and Grab AJ Green, Justin Blackmon or Julio Jones and beef up their WR corpse. Praise God for the West Coast offense coming back.
I remember Steve Young slamming the organization for not running the WCO during the McNolanterry years. One big thing he said is that we have an entire library of tape of Walsh, Holmgren, Shanahan, etc. teaching the offense. The WCO in San Francisco should be the MECCA of West Coast Offense in the NFL.
I would love to see Dixon as a FB at times, with Delanie as a Hback type.

Wannna see more Byham at FB and Blocking TE.

Now I think Westbrook is no gone for good, i think there is a possibility for him to be back. He would thrive in our new offense with Gore.

remember, the only sure thing for RB in 2011 is Gore, so bring back Westy. Hopefully Dixon keeps developing, and we draft a speedy back for the future.
Share 49ersWebzone