Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
You guys think Crabs will thrive now that the West Coast Offense is retuning home? (Oh ya, we still need a QB)
Hey Pat, i gotta ask brotha, whats up with the everytime u make a thread, the we still need a QB bit. I mean you are a vet, and u post some pretty good stuff(sometimes when your more open and not so obtuse), but at the same time, you seem to have no optimism for any QB it seems. Now if you are just talkin about Smith, then so be it, but say that, cuz i think besides Smitty, we do have Kaep waiting in the wings to also show what he can do. And to be honest, with crabs lets be brutally honest, was it more Smith or crabs. in my opinion it was 50-50.
Some things that Smith or any other QB on our team during his time here, had no hand in and was all Crabs
1. missing almost 3 straight seasons of the entire pre-season.
2. When Smith was the QB, he had his worst qb rating only with him, and if im not mistaken it was both Smith's, Troy and Alex
3. The Goat invited him numerous times to help work on his craft, and nothing.
4. it has been duly noted since he's been here that at times he and the QB just hasnt been on the same page, and regardless of who ur QB is, you should have a rapport with your No 1 receiver.
5. The Goat called him out again, and said he needs to get in there, and work and gel with his teammates, and build that bond with the QB.
6. Some feel that Edwards words on building a bond with the QB is just blowing smoke (which is hilarious), but this is his first year here, and im hearing things from his mouth, that ive never heard Crabs say one time since being here.
So honestly not taking up for Smith, not even taking up for Crabs, just pointing out that Crabs does have a lot of ownership to attain for, and i have yet to hear him speak on his mistakes, and on ways he can get better, or even say, *yeah and me and whomever the Qb is, we have to build that rapport that turns that avg. Qb and WR, into the great or even good duos in the league"
i still think he can be something, but i just have yet to really see how hungry he is. i have yet to hear yeah Crabs is staying extra late with whomever, to work on things, staying with the coaches, doing tons of extra film study. the one thing i heard this offseason is that he was getting balls thrown at him by college guys i think, when he should of been at any of the player run camps.
I just feel that as much as we talk about the Qb spot, we also have to talk about, have we really seen Crabs wanting to be the best WR in the building. and this is a show me, not tell me league, he doesnt really talk the talk, so is he actually gonna walk the walk. just my two cents.