There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

West Coast Offense comin back home. Will Crabtree thrive?

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by B650:
Gore, Davis, and Crabtree are salivating right now.

Why would Gore be salivating? Harbaugh runs a QB-friendly type of offense, i.e. less emphasis on the running game. No more of that "if Gore gets such-and-such yardage, the team wins."

Harbaugh runs an offense that uses the available talent.

He knew how to use Toby Gerhart just fine. I'm sure Gore won't be the odd man out on offense

Exactly, and I'm sure Gore wouldn't mind reaching the playoffs for a change.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yes and so will Vernon. Because an offensive mind like Harbaugh actually knows how to use them. He's not an idiot like Dingleberry.

Cosigned. We just need a serviceable QB or a talented young guy to get them the ball.

Harbaugh will coach up a QB. I wouldn't even mind Alex back under his direction. His direction is totally different from NoWin and Dingleberry. Alex could actually improve under this guy. And we may need to buy a year or so.

I actually see us bringing in Hasselbeck (his ass will be gone in Seattle soon), or Seneca Wallace (might be released under next HC) for the vet preference if Jim decides to implement that route.
Originally posted by father49er:
Yes and so will Vernon. Because an offensive mind like Harbaugh actually knows how to use them. He's not an idiot like Dingleberry.

Cosigned. We just need a serviceable QB or a talented young guy to get them the ball.

Harbaugh will coach up a QB. I wouldn't even mind Alex back under his direction. His direction is totally different from NoWin and Dingleberry. Alex could actually improve under this guy. And we may need to buy a year or so.

Wait, you're not being sarcastic right?

Alex is done here. After everybody is feeling stoked about next season, the last thing the 49ers want is to have a stadium full of fans boo Alex Smith when he throws an incompletion in the first game. And it is the last thing Alex Smith wants as well.
Originally posted by skynet907:
maybe if he quits playing half assed.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Bad idea those 2 suck

I actually see us bringing in Hasselbeck (his ass will be gone in Seattle soon), or Seneca Wallace (might be released under next HC) for the vet preference if Jim decides to implement that route.
He could thrive in whatever offense he wanted to if he had a good work ethic. Sing's "touch love" message worked for Vernon. I think the opposite approach needs to be taken for a diva like Crabtree.
Originally posted by 661Ninerfan:

Exactly. I can't believe the WCO is back home!

Imagine all the Old WCO tapes they must have stacked up!!!
of course. he's a physical, possession receiver. those types kick butt in the WCO

[ Edited by 49ERFANb4Uwas on Jan 7, 2011 at 18:40:27 ]

We do need a QB, and I agree that Alex would be a much better QB under Harbaugh than the Alex we have seen under previous coaches.
Jason LaConfora mentioned to keep an eye on Kevin Kolb and that he could be looked at as a possible QB for us. Fine by me since I've saying it all along that he is NFL ready and with Harbaugh the sky's the limit!!
Originally posted by kidash:
Welcome home, WCO.
No more slop ball.
No more Chicago-offense.
No more Ravens west coast.
Back to winning.

Welcome home, WCO.
Originally posted by jreff22:

accountability just showed up.....he better get to work tomorrow

remember he said that he liked playing for mike leach cause he was no nonsense coach and crabtree liked how leach demanded accountability
Originally posted by kristianV:
Originally posted by 661Ninerfan:

Exactly. I can't believe the WCO is back home!

Imagine all the Old WCO tapes they must have stacked up!!!

We have the largest vault of WCO film than any other NFL team (they say Mike McCarthy only used us to get to it before getting his HC gig with the Pack after a single year under Nolan).

This was one of the biggest things I emphasized about Harbaugh, that vault needs to be opened.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by jreff22:

accountability just showed up.....he better get to work tomorrow

remember he said that he liked playing for mike leach cause he was no nonsense coach and crabtree liked how leach demanded accountability

college accountability and pro accountability are different...he could get by because he was just better...so far its not working in the NFL