LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 241 users in the forums

49ers @ Ravens 2011 = The Har-BOWL (Primetime Nationally Televised)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/jim-harbaughs-49ers-to-play-john-harbaughs-ravens-in-2011/1

Jim Harbaugh's 49ers to play John Harbaugh's Ravens in 2011

Jim Harbaugh's first season as an NFL coach will likely include a matchup against his brother.

The Stanford head coach, expected to leave the university on Friday to join the San Francisco 49ers, is the brother of Baltimore Ravens field boss John Harbaugh.

The Ravens are scheduled to host the 49ers next season in Baltimore.

It's a once-a-quadrennial matchup of the two teams that comes because the AFC North draws the NFC West next season in the NFL's inter-conference schedule rotation.

No date for the game has yet been announced. The NFL schedule is normally released in April, although with a potential work stoppage looming in March the date of the schedule release could be in flux this season.

But a matchup of Harbaugh brothers could be an attractive game for a national television spot.

-- Sean Leahy

I'm in the DC/MD/VA area....i already know for sure I'm going to the game....any other 49ers fan in the DC/MARYLAND/VIRGINIA area that would be interested to tailgate in Baltimore for this one?!?!?

[ Edited by TlSSER on Jan 7, 2011 at 15:31:01 ]
I live in VA i know I will def be driving up for this game!
Originally posted by Jarvis07:

which part man? im in farifax. tailgate???
Depending on what week it is, we'll really see if this will be a good game or not. Early on in the year, I don't expect as much as a game later in the season where the team has had time to gel and play together.
if the ravens win the SB they will probably play the 49ers on the very first game on thursday night football
Originally posted by 49Fever:
if the ravens win the SB they will probably play the 49ers on the very first game on thursday night football

I'd rather we face Carroll that 1st game.
yea, i hope they play it later on the season so Jim can gain some traction. Harbaugh vs. Harbaugh, P52 vs Ray Lewis!!! gonna be a great one!
Hell's yeah...I will be at this game. We also will have a game in DC next year. That's two definite games. Where will the PIT game be? We played there three years ago (i went) so I assume its in SF this time.
I am also looking forward to playing the seahwaks.
wow were already 0 and 1!!

Originally posted by TlSSER:
Originally posted by Jarvis07:

which part man? im in farifax. tailgate???

I'm in Jersey, but I'm driving down.

Damn, I'm excited again to be a fan of this team!
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
John Harbaugh: "I'm very happy he's not in the AFC. We'll see each other every four (years), plus Super Bowls."
This will be a 10 am game. If you notice all of our primetime games are on the West Coast, because the Raiders and 49ers have a minimum of 18 games on the West Coast (8 home games each, @ Denver, @ San Diego, @ Arizona, and @ Seattle) and only 17 weeks for which to play at 1 pm, as neither team can play at the same time. Basically this means whenever the 49ers play on the East Coast it is a 10 am game.
Originally posted by 2Good4MyOwnGood:
This will be a 10 am game. If you notice all of our primetime games are on the West Coast, because the Raiders and 49ers have a minimum of 18 games on the West Coast (8 home games each, @ Denver, @ San Diego, @ Arizona, and @ Seattle) and only 17 weeks for which to play at 1 pm, as neither team can play at the same time. Basically this means whenever the 49ers play on the East Coast it is a 10 am game.

Not if its a Monday Night or Sunday Night
Originally posted by TlSSER:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/01/jim-harbaughs-49ers-to-play-john-harbaughs-ravens-in-2011/1

Jim Harbaugh's 49ers to play John Harbaugh's Ravens in 2011

Jim Harbaugh's first season as an NFL coach will likely include a matchup against his brother.

The Stanford head coach, expected to leave the university on Friday to join the San Francisco 49ers, is the brother of Baltimore Ravens field boss John Harbaugh.

The Ravens are scheduled to host the 49ers next season in Baltimore.

It's a once-a-quadrennial matchup of the two teams that comes because the AFC North draws the NFC West next season in the NFL's inter-conference schedule rotation.

No date for the game has yet been announced. The NFL schedule is normally released in April, although with a potential work stoppage looming in March the date of the schedule release could be in flux this season.

But a matchup of Harbaugh brothers could be an attractive game for a national television spot.

-- Sean Leahy

I'm in the DC/MD/VA area....i already know for sure I'm going to the game....any other 49ers fan in the DC/MARYLAND/VIRGINIA area that would be interested to tailgate in Baltimore for this one?!?!?

I'm there! I live in DE about an hour north of Baltimore and have gone to a few Ravens games and frequent Orioles games every season.

I would love for us all to get some ticks and meet up for tailgating.

Question to all: How realistic is it and how would we go about going in together and getting a bunch of seats TOGETHER? Would be pretty tight if we could get a little 49er section going at the Ravens home stadium.
Share 49ersWebzone