LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Which defense do you prefer next year in SAN FRANCISCO??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is this a debatable topic ?

Do we draft a big prospect in Patrick Peterson from LSU or go with a high profile QB ?

[ Edited by nicedraw94080 on Jan 7, 2011 at 14:50:27 ]
if we keep TKO, 3-4. If he's gone, 4-3 and draft a DE.
Depends on who the Defensive Coordinator is
JasonLaCanfora Some execs I've talked to figure defensive coordinator Vic Fangio will join Harbaugh with the 49ers in the same role

If thats true, we will be running a 3-4
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
With Fangio, or anybody else, we're a 3-4 team all the way.

We are a QB and DB away from being able to win playoff games. You don't make wholesale changes to the defense in that scenario. Especially when our division is so winnable.
then we better f'n lock up Spikes!
I keep seeing this, but Fangio has extensive experience with running a 3-4 and 4-3 defense.
Search function buddy
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
big nickle

4-3. losing franklin and lawson will hurt us
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I would prefer to not totally destroy the 49ers and go back to a 4-12 season. Current defense has been adequate - let's improve on that instead of trying to rebuild both the offense and defense this year.
Originally posted by susweel:
big nickle

Even though it hasn't turned out for us yet, the 3-4 is just a better defense if you can get it to work.

There are reasons why so many teams are going to the 3-4. If you can get it to work, it is the most effective D that has been devised.
i would like to keep the 3-4 but add that CB or pass rush that we have been missing.
Share 49ersWebzone