There are 151 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

Originally posted by darkknight49:

Looks like the Jed FAIL on 2 counts.

"We will do an EXHAUSTIVE GM search...(Down the hall...).

"The GM will pick the HC."

"Money is no object..."....
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

~ Jed is a 29 year old inexperienced kid.
~ He has financial restraints from John and Denise despite his bravado "Money is no object..."
~ Paraage is a recent MBA grad with no experience.
~ Baalke was a scout not long ago and has no GM experience. He is from the Scot M. school of FAIL.

This is a terrible front office.

This is exactly correct................ Anyone that sees it differently is in complete denial... I mean, when you get rejected by Josh McDaniels, that should tell you something is very wrong...........................

It doesn't matter what Josh Mc thinks! Anybody with a last name that starts with Mc I'm wary of - haha. Funny about Paraage-majority of the people in the NFL have given him high marks. also why diss Jed if the parents are on him. Baalke was working way before being hire by Scott. Your thinking is if you are associated with someone that didn't succeed that you will fail? If I had the time I would print instances that disproves that theory. Chill

You forgot the multiple proclamations of being playoff bound...
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

You forgot the multiple proclamations of being playoff bound...

Yeah..

"We will win the division."

"We will make the playoffs."

Texting the media from his ownership booth at 0 - 5. He's quite a prize isn't he...
SD has always hated on the Yorks. Look back on every thread and he has always pinpointed how the font office sucks.

I'm starting to side with him. This front office is looking more and more like a joke.

They can't land Harbaugh and they won't be able to get an experienced HC (and Baalke doesn't even want an experienced HC!).

Sorry SD, I should have listened to you from the get go.

But unlike SD, come next season, I will still be cheering for the Niners and will never wish for a loss.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
SD has always hated on the Yorks. Look back on every thread and he has always pinpointed how the font office sucks.

I'm starting to side with him. This front office is looking more and more like a joke.

They can't land Harbaugh and they won't be able to get an experienced HC (and Baalke doesn't even want an experienced HC!).

Sorry SD, I should have listened to you from the get go

But unlike SD, come next season, I will still be cheering for the Niners and will never wish for a loss.

Yup on the underlined...

On the 2nd point I cheer for them. But I know there is ZERO hope with this front office structure.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FourNine49:

Sorry SD, I should have listened to you from the get go

Yup on the underlined...

On the 2nd point I cheer for them. But I know there is ZERO hope with this front office structure.

Anything is possible. Even Sabean ran into a championship.

[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Jan 6, 2011 at 15:47:44 ]
Why do some people here think that it's okay to pay an unproven NFL coach, the same amount of money that you would pay a Gruden, or a Cowher, or a Billick?

Everybody is acting like him and Luck, are the next Montana and Walsh. Luck had one good year in college, 32 TD 6 INTs should not be considered spectacular, let him put up the same numbers again next year and than we can start comparing his college career. And Harbaugh? WTF has he done??? "Oh, well his brother is a good NFL coach, so automatically he's going to be a good NFL coach." Really...how many National Championships has he won, or gone to? What did he do prior to that, 4-8, 5-7, 8-5 W-L record, and people are sold on him because he has "fire" and great pedigree?...that's fine let Miami keep him and overpay for him, because it's going to take him the retirement of Belicheck and Brady for him to win the division, and oh ya, the Jets play in that division too.
The team will not be able to bring in any experienced head coach after this effin debacle. It REALLY makes the team look bad and even POS coaches who were laughed out of town with a joke of a resume will not touch this team in fear that it will stain their resume even more.

It says VOLUMES to me that Harbaugh would rather take the $ in a MUCH tougher division, assisting in screwing over another coach who was still currently employed and on hold after supposedly being told he would be retained, in the same conference as his brother (which he stated he wanted to avoid) to a pick strapped team rather than coaching for the Niners.

Jed York is a f**king joke, and I will never have faith in this team with him as owner until proven otherwise.

Enjoy plummeting ticket sales and the dwindling hope of building the new stadium Prince York you f**king cheap son of a b***h.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Hahahaha-is that supposed to the fans overreacting to the JM situation?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Quote:
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2011/01/06/cross-harbaugh-mcdaniels-off-49ers-coaching-list/
49ers president Jed York and general manager Trent Baalke met with Harbaugh for more than six hours on Wednesday. But an NFL source says the 49ers were prepared to pay up to $5 million per season.

Laughable. Pete Carroll got $6.5M, and Harbaugh is even more sought after. You can argue that Harbaugh isn't worth that much, but that's the market price the Seahawks set for a star college coach. So for anyone who was serious about Harbaugh, $6.5M should've been the starting offer. $4.5-5M was an insult from Mr. "Money Is No Object"
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Why do some people here think that it's okay to pay an unproven NFL coach, the same amount of money that you would pay a Gruden, or a Cowher, or a Billick?

Everybody is acting like him and Luck, are the next Montana and Walsh. Luck had one good year in college, 32 TD 6 INTs should not be considered spectacular, let him put up the same numbers again next year and than we can start comparing his college career. And Harbaugh? WTF has he done??? "Oh, well his brother is a good NFL coach, so automatically he's going to be a good NFL coach." Really...how many National Championships has he won, or gone to? What did he do prior to that, 4-8, 5-7, 8-5 W-L record, and people are sold on him because he has "fire" and great pedigree?...that's fine let Miami keep him and overpay for him, because it's going to take him the retirement of Belicheck and Brady for him to win the division, and oh ya, the Jets play in that division too.

Because the alternatives are bleak to say the least. There is not one assistant or unemployed coach that I had more faith in than Harbaugh, based on personality, fit to personnel, and proven ability to rebuild a team from ashes to prominence (albeit in the NCAA).
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home