Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

• Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Harbaugh chose the Dolphins because of money.

If that's the case why did McDaniels reject us too?

How great does the Miami FO look by pulling this s**t with its current staff? They look like a bunch of retarded a*****es to the NATIONAL media.

Doesn't matter if they get what they want.

They go after what they want and get it because nobody rejects their front office.

Oh Miami gets it because nobody rejects their front office. I thought maybe, just maybe the fact that they are backing up a truckload of money to Harbaugh's house might have come in to play.

And didn't Cowher just reject Miami, you know because he rejected their front office?

And where does it say that McDaniels has/had only 1 prospect?

This is a f**king political thread disguised as a football discussion. Just like in politics if Fox news is saying everything you already believe then you will agree with it and take it as gospel. If you vote the other way, then MSNBC is the only one telling it like it is. What a joke.
Originally posted by Otter:

How great does the Miami FO look by pulling this s**t with its current staff? They look like a bunch of retarded a*****es to the NATIONAL media.

They go after what they want and get it because nobody rejects their front office.

Oh Miami gets it because nobody rejects their front office. I thought maybe, just maybe the fact that they are backing up a truckload of money to Harbaugh's house might have come in to play.

And didn't Cowher just reject Miami, you know because he rejected their front office?

This is a f**king political thread disguised as a football discussion. Just like in politics if Fox news is saying everything you already believe then you will agree with it and take it as gospel. If you vote the other way, then MSNBC is the only one telling it like it is. What a joke.

Explain to me why Harbaugh was "warned by those close to him" about our front office structure? And why McDaniels is apprehensive about our Front Office?

Explain to me why Harbaugh was "warned by those close to him" about our front office structure? And why McDaniels is apprehensive about our Front Office?

Our front office kind of got him fired

Miami's FO interviewing people when they already have a staff screams dangerous

Miami can get whatever staff they want. If they can do better they can do that.

He was on thin ice and barely avoided being fired anyways. It wasn't like he was firmly entrenched, more like one foot out the door.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options

"...The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins..."

"...The 49ers, through the process of interviewing general managers, heard sterling recommendations for former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and consider him a strong head-coaching candidate. However, a source close to McDaniels said it's highly unlikely he would go to San Francisco because of issues with the personnel and front-office structure..."

You can keep pretending that there are ZERO issues with the front office if you want. You can put you head in the sand. But we have big issues. Our front office is a joke.

In this thread I would like to discuss the outright rejection of our front office structure and your thoughts on it.

Amen bro....like I said, all we can hope for is that they don't screw up the QB thingy

This.
The niners reminds me of the Cleveland Indians from the Major League movies.
Originally posted by animal:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options

"...The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins..."

"...The 49ers, through the process of interviewing general managers, heard sterling recommendations for former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and consider him a strong head-coaching candidate. However, a source close to McDaniels said it's highly unlikely he would go to San Francisco because of issues with the personnel and front-office structure..."

You can keep pretending that there are ZERO issues with the front office if you want. You can put you head in the sand. But we have big issues. Our front office is a joke.

In this thread I would like to discuss the outright rejection of our front office structure and your thoughts on it.

Amen bro....like I said, all we can hope for is that they don't screw up the QB thingy

Well they have a bad front office in place. And now not the QB developer they want. So I think there is a good chance they don't get the QB situation right.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

Baalke is a GM in name only. He still gets his marching orders from Jed. He is not the one who is going to hire the next GM, whenever that will be. Jed hires and Trent Baalke goes through the motions. Baalke is not a strong GM type either otherwise he would have done something about the Singletary situation instead of letting it take its course.

I am not sure about Paraag's role in the front office. It seems like he is doing something that should be part of a GM's responsibility.

There has been enough written about President Jed and all of his faults. The only thing I can add is I thought it was ridiculous that he said he consulted with Parcells to tell him more about Baalke before promoting him. It is laughable because Baalke has been with the Niners organization since 2005. Jed has been President of the team since Dec 2008. That is more than ample time to evaluate Baalke. He didn't have to consult with Parcells unless he was trying to patronize the fans by saying something designed to sound like he was doing his due diligence.

This is more of a rant than anything else. I am really upset at how this thing with Harbaugh is turning out.

Well they have a bad front office in place. And now not the QB developer they want. So I think there is a good chance they don't get the QB situation right.

Yeah, exactly...
Let's hope we're wrong

[ Edited by animal on Jan 6, 2011 at 14:23:56 ]
  • Otter
  • Veteran

You want me to explain a rumor from an annonymous source, or explain someone else's agenda to you?

If Harbaugh is awarded the rumored contract from Miami, $8M, do you think he's going to say it was all about the money? No he's going to do the same thing everyone else does, he'll say it was a tremendous opportunity and that he felt a better rapport with Ireland and Ross. I doubt he openly criticizes our FO, but I'm sure the rumor will be leaked that he didn't like Baalke. This would be in direct contradiction from the rumor two days ago that he was fine with Baalke or Lombardi, neither of which is in Miami. At the end of the day, he's going for the brass ring and taking the biggest offer. The FO rumors are nothing more than justification/rationalization/rumor monguering.

As for McDaniels, again I can't explain a rumor from an annonymous source. The first reports were that the team had initial discussions with him about the HC job. Then all of a sudden he is leary of the front office? But we have no idea what those initial discussions entailed, did they talk salary expectations? Who knows. I have no idea the other options that might be available to McDaniels.

Finally, yesterday all of the rumors/reports were that Harbaugh is bringing his Stanford DC with him to the NFL. Now there are rumors that where Harbaugh goes there was going to be a dream team of all former NFL HC's as coordinators.

Again, this report/rumor already fits with your opinion, therefore it must be lore.

Yeah, exactly...

Miami can get whatever staff they want. If they can do better they can do that.

It's the way they are doing it, not their ability to do so. 8 mill a year, coaching in that division, how long until they look for a new staff and leave him in limbo?