There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niner Talk "RANT" Thread

Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

For 10 years they haven't bothered to hire a legitimate NFL executive with experience. Even Walsh (who knew everything) hired an experienced NFL guy to help (John McVay). We have not had any experienced NFL football minds. Jed York is arrogant, McCloughan was arrogant and I'm afraid that Baalke is as well. I think that Baalke and Marathe are OK, but they need an experienced HOFO!

When do you know you have the right people? When you start winning. (Eddie D.)

No winning here. I rest my case.
Harbaugh chose the Dolphins because of money.
Its about money for Harbaugh and McDaniels should not even be in the conversation, who cares what he thinks... lets move on.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
SD, what is it about the front office that is so bad? The "structure" of the front office has been cited, but what exactly is the issue? Baalke? Jed?

I guess I don't understand the power structure enough to really know what's going on. Is this a real beef or do these coaches want more power? More say over roster etc???

Can someone fill me in please?

For 10 years they haven't bothered to hire a legitimate NFL executive with experience. Even Walsh (who knew everything) hired an experienced NFL guy to help (John McVay). We have not had any experienced NFL football minds. Jed York is arrogant, McCloughan was arrogant and I'm afraid that Baalke is as well. I think that Baalke and Marathe are OK, but they need an experienced HOFO!

When do you know you have the right people? When you start winning. (Eddie D.)

No winning here. I rest my case.

We don't have the right people. Because our front office structure is being rejected.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options

"...The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins..."

"...The 49ers, through the process of interviewing general managers, heard sterling recommendations for former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and consider him a strong head-coaching candidate. However, a source close to McDaniels said it's highly unlikely he would go to San Francisco because of issues with the personnel and front-office structure..."

You can keep pretending that there are ZERO issues with the front office if you want. You can put you head in the sand. But we have big issues. Our front office is a joke.

In this thread I would like to discuss the outright rejection of our front office structure and your thoughts on it.

Saw that article also. Very sad. They could have swallowed their pride and done it right. Jed tantalized the fan base by mouthing the words, finding a seasoned respected GM after an extensive search and givng him control, money will not be an object, etc. And this one article just spells it out, doesn't it? We are probably the least appealing franchise to work for short of our bretheren on the east side of the Bay. I am losing hope, and I made it through the misery of the 70s as a young kid. This ownership and management team is not able to compete on an elite level.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

If that's the case why did McDaniels reject us too?

How great does the Miami FO look by pulling this s**t with its current staff? They look like a bunch of retarded a*****es to the NATIONAL media.

McDaniels' plan is to find a job as an offensive coordinator -- which he was before taking the Broncos job -- prove himself there and then be in a position to take a more appealing job down the road.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/whats-plan-c-fo.html#ixzz1AIKYEe4q
Originally posted by jreff22:

How great does the Miami FO look by pulling this s**t with its current staff? They look like a bunch of retarded a*****es to the NATIONAL media.

How so?
it's nearing the point where we should be jealous of the Raiders.

actually it's at that point.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
it's nearing the point where we should be jealous of the Raiders.

actually it's at that point.

I'd say the Raiders Front Office is better...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d80258/article/dolphins-move-to-forefront-of-harbaugh-hunt-49ers-mull-options

"...The San Francisco 49ers met with Harbaugh on Wednesday and have offered him around $4.5 million per season, according to league sources. The sources added that the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

Harbaugh is seeking a deal worth around $6.5 million per season, which Pete Carroll received from the Seattle Seahawks last year to leave USC. And while several people close to Harbaugh have advised him against going to the 49ers because of their front-office structure, he has received more favorable reports on Ireland and the Dolphins..."

"...The 49ers, through the process of interviewing general managers, heard sterling recommendations for former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and consider him a strong head-coaching candidate. However, a source close to McDaniels said it's highly unlikely he would go to San Francisco because of issues with the personnel and front-office structure..."

You can keep pretending that there are ZERO issues with the front office if you want. You can put you head in the sand. But we have big issues. Our front office is a joke.

In this thread I would like to discuss the outright rejection of our front office structure and your thoughts on it.

Cool, help us out then. What exactly is our front office structure and how does it differ from say the Patriots?

[ Edited by D_Niner on Jan 6, 2011 at 13:59:09 ]
  • Pick6
  • Veteran

not only that, but you would think they pissed off a lot of other teams and potential coaches as well.

They crapped on Sparano by the way they treated him. The GM and coach were a package deal brought in by Parcells... Parcells is gone now and the GM is doing whatever neccasary to save his ass. This was an owner and GM going rogue on the entire process...

AND what is this going to do to future coaching contracts? Its the same flaw as the rookie issues with no cap. THere are 15 coaches that should be paid higher than Harbaugh.

The problem I see with this structure in Mia is that Harbaugh isn't going to have half the power he would have had in SF.

How so?

you're ignorance still surprises me to this day, i'm done responding to your troll posts from now on.

The breached etiquette will be forgotten quickly. I don't begrudge the Dolphins for getting what they wanted. Harbaugh will probably not live up to expectations at this point, but I am more disgusted by our double-talking ownership who can't pull the trigger on something they clearly want. If they thought he was their guy, and they did, then they should have just gotten the f**ker done.