There are 134 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Protest strategy if we don't land Harbaugh

• 8to80
Originally posted by austrich:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Well, for starters, there's the passive strategy of not attending the games.

I suppose a more direct strategy would be to have a legal protest outside of team headquarters.

And a way to incorporate non-Bay area fans (myself and clearly many others).

A public statement about not buying merchandise whose monies are funneled back to the Ownership. A clear, public exposé of our knowledge of their tactical backtracks, misdirections, and forfeitures of Word.

Perhaps a production of imagery and essentially what would be campaigning against this continued intentionally un-avoided ineptitude and backtracking of promises.

This, of course, is before knowing what pans out with the HC hiring. But, we *all* know the Yorks' track record with things such as their Word and their (seeming lack of) dedication toward doing all that they can toward making the 49ers a winner.

I haven't bought any 49er gear since the Yorks took over. They singlehandedly drove our franchise to the ground (I know, the salary cap was a big part of it). Jed seems like a douchery. He says stupid things like "I guarantee we make the playoffs", "we will search and search for the best GM", and "money is not an issue". Blatanly lieing to the public makes one look unintelligent and incompetent. At least he is better than his father, but that is not saying much. He just doesn't seem to have common sense, let alone know how to manage a NFL franchise. A Bacherlor's in Bus. Admin. & History is not going to cut it. We need a president that knows football and hires a great front office.

About the protest, I think most of us have been doing it all along: never buy Niner gear because we are closet 49er fans, never buy tickets to games because we don't want to pay to watch our team lose. I swear, if we promote someone internally to Head Coach, I might have to switch from NFL to AFL.

[ Edited by 8to80 on Jan 5, 2011 at 23:11:41 ]
I've been following this team avidly since about '98. Seen all the crap and put up with it. Victim of circumstances, bad luck, charismatic empty suits, Jim Hostler, Jimmy Raye, etc, etc.

But after this "money is no issue" bulls**t? Fine. Money isn't an issue for you; ill exploit every means necessary to still be a fan yet not put a dollar in your pocket.
seriously? Protest strategy? For a coach?
Originally posted by darkknight49:

these few days are going to be remembered in the anals of WZ history.

yeah, anals not annals.

Dude IMHO, our fanbase is really showing it's colors.... and you wonder why 49er fans are hated. There are franchises out there that haven't won anything and people are acting as if this, tonight, is the end of the world... literally. You would think someone broke into their homes and robbed them or the 49ers levied a tax simply for using the word "49er Fan" in posts here. I've never seen anything like the level of gross hyperbole I've seen tonight EVER as a 49er fan.

Unprecedented.
The YORKS won't listen. They don't care about the fans.
Originally posted by area49:

He will also be our starting QB while he grooms Luck - a future HOFer.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Plastic bags on your heads.

They should move to LA already
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

This is freaking ridiculous. You'd think that we're missing out on Bill Walsh reincarnate. Protest? Jesus.
Seriously though. Who says, amongst some of the richest people in the USA, "money is no object". It's not even his money.

We should all feel like idiots for believing him.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
This is freaking ridiculous. You'd think that we're missing out on Bill Walsh reincarnate. Protest? Jesus.

Is Bill Walsh available?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
How about fire in a dumpster in front of 4949 centennial ave?

Just kidding...

or

We could all pitch in and hire the professional Berkely protesters to pickett?

LOL, we need Trees...lots of tall trees

I'm totally with you Oscar!

BTW did you call KNBR tonight? A guy on the radio said the same thing...minus the protest idea.

If Jed loses this opportunity he will cost himself the franchise... as fans we have been patient, (imagine if we were like Philly's fanbase), this is the Yorks last chance to make everything right.

We have the talent to win the NFC West next season, but are a QB and HC short. Harbaugh will fix both! I know he will... he is that good and Baalke did a good job with the draft and FA last season.

Just with the Harbaugh hiring, the 49ers will restore a good feeling to a dismal 2010, then add a quality addition at the QB position in FA (starter) and the draft (future of franchise) and a CB and the NFC west is ours.

I heard that Gruden turned down 7mil/year already from Miami, so I doubt Gruden would come here for 5mil.

JED this is your chance to improve your image with the fanbase, if you miss out on Harbaugh you will be ending your short stint as CEO/President of OUR beloved 49ers.

You may hold the keys to 4949 Centennial Ave., but its the FANS that pay the bills and we WILL NOT stand for anymore mediocrity