There are 283 users in the forums

Protest strategy if we don't land Harbaugh

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Typical York making a grandiose comment to rile up the base and attract more fans.

Realize, "eh, spending money sucks"

Disenfranchise the fan base even more after an underwhelming season.

Where are all these guys now?

"Jed is not his father."

"Money is no object."

"We will find the best GM."

"GM will choose the coach."
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Well, for starters, there's the passive strategy of not attending the games.

I suppose a more direct strategy would be to have a legal protest outside of team headquarters.

And a way to incorporate non-Bay area fans (myself and clearly many others).

A public statement about not buying merchandise whose monies are funneled back to the Ownership. A clear, public exposé of our knowledge of their tactical backtracks, misdirections, and forfeitures of Word.

Perhaps a production of imagery and essentially what would be campaigning against this continued intentionally un-avoided ineptitude and backtracking of promises.

This, of course, is before knowing what pans out with the HC hiring. But, we *all* know the Yorks' track record with things such as their Word and their (seeming lack of) dedication toward doing all that they can toward making the 49ers a winner.
Well it would all depend on who the coach would be if we didnt land Harbaugh, but if people really want to protest then stop going to games, training camp, family day ect. When they arent making money and making the fans happy then maybe they will learn. Not like anyone is going to do it, but they would learn that way for sure
How about fire in a dumpster in front of 4949 centennial ave?

Just kidding...

or

We could all pitch in and hire the professional Berkely protesters to pickett?

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jan 5, 2011 at 22:42:52 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
How about fire in a dumpster in front of 4949 centennial ave?

Just kidding...

You need more than that. Yorks just need to sell and go away.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Plastic bags on your heads.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If Harbaugh goes somewhere else, then Jon Gruden better be the next guy that Jed is talking to.

Unlike most of the Harbaugh homers here, I know that there are still several great candidates out there.

Winners, with tons of more experience than Harbaugh. Go figure.

[ Edited by kray28 on Jan 5, 2011 at 22:42:56 ]
The problem is people get riled up and angry when they shouldn't. Then they get their dreams dashed if things don't go as they hoped. I've been a fan of the 49ers for nearly 30 years and I'm very disappointed like most fans but people need to put all of this in perspective. Don't let the Yorks have power over your life. Enjoy the team, if you don't like the direction of the Yorks don't watch/buy tickets, etc.
Originally posted by boast:

Originally posted by kray28:
If Harbaugh goes somewhere else, then Jon Gruden better be the next guy that Jed is talking to.

Unlike most of the Harbaugh homers here, I know that there are still several great candidates out there.

Gruden has turned down offers to stay on TV.

I did that when I was five I wanted to be Snake Eyes so I colored it with black shawpie and didn't cut out eyes and I ended up in the hospital room.

Bad advice.
Originally posted by kray28:

Fun fact. Billis**t is over the hill and was the only team to get beaten by the 1-15 Dolphins.
Originally posted by Oscar:
If you've been following Webzone on twitter you know that I've been talking with @jamiemiller74 about potential protests if Jed can't land Harbaugh. My basic bone of contention is that Jed said money isn't an object, but it clearly is. The 49ers only want the best if the best comes at slightly above average prices. Unless your name is Nate Clements.

So, I bring this to you. Given the outlets we have (social media, letters, petitions, etc) how can we make sure that our voices of discontent are head if Jed can't land Harbaugh?

If you want to debate Jed York, there are threads for that. This is just for protest strategies. Please keep it to that.

Your thoughts?

I say we all pull a singletary and drop our pants in front of 49er headquarters as Jed walks outside.

[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Jan 5, 2011 at 22:45:49 ]
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

Seriously. Too much of a knee-jerk reaction even if we don't sign him. Who knows what the details are? You're going to protest because Jason Laf****tfora said we proposed $4.5 million? This guy has been right WHEN? Never.

Both the Matts said that the 49ers were working off of Carroll's contract or are looking to get there. Relax, if we don't sign him it's because Miami is proposing crazy money that we smartly aren't going to match. Anything over $7/year for a first time head coach is absolutely ridiculous.
Share 49ersWebzone