There are 119 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jed York, and his habit of putting his foot in his mouth

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
if Jed didn't say anything you would still complain about something

He was correct though, we played a game in December.....

But he did say "we are going to the playoffs" back in October...

Shaj, you are reaching a little bit on some of those...
We're going to the playoffs next year. (2008)

We're going to the playoffs next year. (2009)

We're still going to the playoffs this year. (2010)
wouldnt say jed's been lying...its just the bravado ramblings of a 29 year old...a mere child....all the team will be left with is an inexperienced GM and a cheap boring HC....this harbaugh fiasco clearly shows how ineffective jed is. the team has become a joke.
Originally posted by sc49ers22:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I'm going off of memory here, but I think these are pretty accurate

"we will do a search far and wide for the best GM"

"we will hire someone who has done the job before"

"Money is no object, we want to win" (as it looks like we will be outbidded by the dolphins)

"the GM will hire the HC, I'm not going to tell him who to hire"

add your own Jed York lies here.... there are lots more, I just can't remember them all

Wow, This viewpoint is far too distorted; even for you Shaj...

First off, finish the quotes...

"we will do a search far and wide for the best GM for the Niners"

# 2, I don't remember him saying that. I remember him saying he wants to find the best fit.

#3, we have not been outbid. Looks like you prematurely shot your load on this one...

#4, No coach has been hired, yet...

No..he definitely said money is not an object and that he and his family was determined to get the 49ers back to a superbowl. He said it after the loss to the Rams.

Oh yeah....Jed....if you don't nail this deal you are a douche.

And we still have not been outbid!

Think about it, would we really only offer 4.5 mil when he turned down 5.2 from some college team? That report was completely bogus. I bet we offered somewhere between 6.5 to 7 Million.
Jed York is a douchebag
lol at you guys. What do you want Jeb to do, tell Harbaugh that he would give him $50 million a season right off the bat? The Dolphins simply put in a higher offer, its not like the 49ers can't counter offer. Aren't you a professor at a college too? You should know this.

Let this play out before we act on our emotions like girls.

Plus the only thing he lied about regarding the GM is about the experience. He did search high and low. Damn if he would have spent an hour more searching you girly boys would have been all over him for not hiring someone immediately.

I swear this fan forum is filled with girls.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
If Jed saying we will make the playoffs and we dont makes him a liar than...

Looks like he has a lot of company. Have you ever made a statement like "we will win this week" and we lost. Does that make you a liar? no.

according Shaj...Yes any type of prediction or statement is a 50/50 chance.

If that prediction/statement falls on the wrong 50 then damn that person to hell?
Originally posted by lamontb:
yea i'm still not sure why anybody cares how much they pay him. It isn't my money and doens't affect the salary cap.
And fans then get angry over raised ticket prices. Please.

Looks like he has a lot of company. Have you ever made a statement like "we will win this week" and we lost. Does that make you a liar? no.

Why would he say it though, to a national media member? So f**king stupid.
Originally posted by sc49ers22:
Originally posted by Shaj:
I'm going off of memory here, but I think these are pretty accurate

"we will do a search far and wide for the best GM"

"we will hire someone who has done the job before"

"Money is no object, we want to win" (as it looks like we will be outbidded by the dolphins)

"the GM will hire the HC, I'm not going to tell him who to hire"

add your own Jed York lies here.... there are lots more, I just can't remember them all

Wow, This viewpoint is far too distorted; even for you Shaj...

First off, finish the quotes...

"we will do a search far and wide for the best GM for the Niners"

# 2, I don't remember him saying that. I remember him saying he wants to find the best fit.

#3, we have not been outbid. Looks like you prematurely shot your load on this one...

#4, No coach has been hired, yet...

No..he definitely said money is not an object and that he and his family was determined to get the 49ers back to a superbowl. He said it after the loss to the Rams.

Oh yeah....Jed....if you don't nail this deal you are a douche.

And we still have not been outbid!

Think about it, would we really only offer 4.5 mil when he turned down 5.2 from some college team? That report was completely bogus. I bet we offered somewhere between 6.5 to 7 Million.

4.5 is what NFL Network said, it was reported elsewhere that it was really 6.5. Jed should have locked this up so Miami wasn't even a factor.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Why would he say it though, to a national media member? So f**king stupid.

He didn't have to say it, I was thinking the same (playoffs)
Don't know if anyone has posted Maiocco's coaching salary perspective list:

Highest paid NFL coaches
(Yearly salary)
1. Bill Belichick, Patriots, $7.5 million
2. Mike Shanahan, Redskins, $7 million
3. Pete Carroll, Seahawks, $6.7 million
4. (tie) Jeff Fisher, Titans, $5.75 million
4. (tie) Mike Tomlin, Steelers, $5.75 million
4. (tie) Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals, $5.75 million
7. Andy Reid, Eagles, $5.5 million
8. Tom Coughlin, Giants, $5.25 million
9. Jack Del Rio, Jaguars, $5 million
10. Lovie Smith, Bears, $4.8 million

Read more: Maiocco: Money is an object in Harbaugh negotiations
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

So Harbaugh would get paid more than Mike Tomlin and more than Pete Carrol if he takes the 49er's deal as a completely unproven NFL head coach. The hypocrisy I hear from the "York's Lied To Us" crowd is that you were angry because we hired Baalke with no experience but now your also angry because we don't want to pay an unproven guy more that guys who actually has a much lighter resume than those who've actually won SBs - recently.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Jan 6, 2011 at 08:38:32 ]
I wouldn't rule out the Niners offering to match the Fins ooffer.
JED IS STILL A DOUCHE
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Don't know if anyone has posted Maiocco's coaching salary perspective list:

Highest paid NFL coaches
(Yearly salary)
1. Bill Belichick, Patriots, $7.5 million
2. Mike Shanahan, Redskins, $7 million
3. Pete Carroll, Seahawks, $6.7 million
4. (tie) Jeff Fisher, Titans, $5.75 million
4. (tie) Mike Tomlin, Steelers, $5.75 million
4. (tie) Ken Whisenhunt, Cardinals, $5.75 million
7. Andy Reid, Eagles, $5.5 million
8. Tom Coughlin, Giants, $5.25 million
9. Jack Del Rio, Jaguars, $5 million
10. Lovie Smith, Bears, $4.8 million

Read more: Maiocco: Money is an object in Harbaugh negotiations
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

So Harbaugh would get paid more than Mike Tomlin and more than Pete Carrol if he takes the 49er's deal as a completely unproven NFL head coach. The hypocrisy I hear from the "York's Lied To Us" crowd is that you were angry because we hired Baalke with no experience but now your also angry because we don't want to pay an unproven guy more that guys who actually has a much lighter resume than those who've actually won SBs - recently.

That crowd you speak of is a bunch of girls. You can't satisfy them. They let their emotions get the best of them. You just have to equip yourself with some tampons and midol to give them.