LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Jed York, and his habit of putting his foot in his mouth

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 2cents:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
"Niners will win the division and make the playoffs"

Niners were 3rd in NFC West. No playoffs.

"We will get an experienced GM".

Trent Baakle was hired, who has NO experience being a GM.

"Money is no object."

Might lose Harbaugh to the Dolphins, who are offering a higher salary...

I'm getting tired of these lies!!!

Feel free to add...

Quote:
League sources say the 49ers have offered around $4.5 million per season, while the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

This is Lacanfora... and we know how much he sucks....
They are talking about Gruden

The niners offered 6.5mil according to sources... Belichek recieves 7.5mil a year. THis guy is out of college. That is a very sweet offer, and if they loose atleast they weren't cheap.

Sing made 2.5mil a year.

could you please provide a link for this? I heard it was 4.5

I heard on NFL tv that the 4.5 might have been reported wrong, and that it was more like 6.5
Originally posted by 49erHusker:

"Money is no object."

Feel free to add...

Quote:
League sources say the 49ers have offered around $4.5 million per season, while the Dolphins offered Gruden $7 million per season, which he rejected to stay at ESPN as an analyst.

The niners offered 6.5mil according to sources... Belichek recieves 7.5mil a year. THis guy is out of college. That is a very sweet offer, and if they loose atleast they weren't cheap.

Sing made 2.5mil a year.

I heard on NFL tv that the 4.5 might have been reported wrong, and that it was more like 6.5
It had to be wrong it just had to be..... for Pete Caroll to get 6.5 and they offer JH less? no way that would be an insult and he would tell us to F off fo sho
Originally posted by 49erHusker:

"Money is no object."

Feel free to add...

Quote:

Sing made 2.5mil a year.

6.5 mil to Gruden or Harbaugh?
I just seems to me like York and Baalke are boys trying to play a man's game. I'm fine with them deciding that 7+ mil is too much for an unproven coach. But don't go announcing it to the world that Harbaugh is the guy you want and money is no object. If they had played it cooler they may have been able to sign Harbaugh without everyone else knowing they needed to rush to beat the 9ers offer.

And what's worse, they seem to have been so intent on Harbaugh that they don't have a back up plan. When it looked like Miami might pay more they started throwing out McDaniels name, who it turns out won't even talk to us.

I can appreciate that Jed wants to be successful. But I want to do a lot of things I'm not capable of doing, and that doesn't mean everyone should just pretend that I can do them.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by sc49ers22:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by sc49ers22:
JED IS STILL A DOUCHE

Why??? Hes young keep in mind that hes also being advised by Eddie Debartolo.

Its not enough apparently

I am going to go NUTS if Miami signs Harbaugh. After all that money is not an object and I'll do whatever it takes crap. We'll still make the playoffs.....oh wait we would have been in the playoffs if I had only fired Mike earlier....c'mon! I got a slogan for us for next year.... We had Rollin with Nolan, 49er faithful and others lets have our slogan be.....

"SHOW US....DON'T TELL US"

sounds good to me...

We can make shirts that say show us don't tell us and the back can say Jed is a douche!!!
Paying an unproven coach 7 mill hell 6.5 mil is just plain stupid. he may have said money is no object but I think we would be better off paying 4-5 mil for a good quality coach and use more money to upgrade the players.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Paying an unproven coach 7 mill hell 6.5 mil is just plain stupid. he may have said money is no object but I think we would be better off paying 4-5 mil for a good quality coach and use more money to upgrade the players.

looking for the cheaper option is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Ya college coaches don't always pan out, ya he's unproven. but sh*t take a f*cking chance!!!! don't give me money is no object and then fold the first time someone raises you and then call up josh mcdaniels of all people.
The Yorks ruin this franchise..
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

looking for the cheaper option is what got us into this mess in the first place.

Ya college coaches don't always pan out, ya he's unproven. but sh*t take a f*cking chance!!!! don't give me money is no object and then fold the first time someone raises you and then call up josh mcdaniels of all people.

And the reality is, the Miami offer is a natural progression of the current HC salaries. Sure, it probably is too much money. But trying to get a really good HC at 4.5 when so many coaches are making more than 5.5 is probably just going to get you a mediocre HC.
F&$@ Jed!!!

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
same thing?

In Before the Merge!!!

But, Shaj likes to stand on his own island at times.

I think there is too much merging going on, and the criteria is generally inconsistent. Look at all the other related threads out there that don't get merged. Mine always do get merged though.
you know who else likes a foot in his mouth?

**puts on sunglasses**

Rex Ryan.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
IMHO the problem for Jed is that his parents have jacked up this organization ever since the Mooch firing. He is coming in and trying to over come all of his dad's screwups and feels that he HAS to make statements to get the fan base behind him.

That being said, he should have just shut his mouth and went to work. Smart businesmen don't tell you what they want and that they will pay anything to get it.

I think paying JH 8m is ridiculous and we would be better off in another direction.

There are still viable options out there... and those options may end up being better than JH, but JED keeps talking...

I think he is trying to do to much, to prove his worth and to convince the fans that he is the man... what he needs to do is Shut up and go to work.
I love You Jed
Originally posted by Pick6:
IMHO the problem for Jed is that his parents have jacked up this organization ever since the Mooch firing. He is coming in and trying to over come all of his dad's screwups and feels that he HAS to make statements to get the fan base behind him.

That being said, he should have just shut his mouth and went to work. Smart businesmen don't tell you what they want and that they will pay anything to get it.

I think paying JH 8m is ridiculous and we would be better off in another direction.

There are still viable options out there... and those options may end up being better than JH, but JED keeps talking...

I think he is trying to do to much, to prove his worth and to convince the fans that he is the man... what he needs to do is Shut up and go to work.

Share 49ersWebzone