Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke is the OFFICIAL GM

• Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by susweel:
Baalke distancing himself from the Alex Smith draft pick.

Smart move dude, maybe he's smarter then he looks.

As general manager of the 49ers, Trent Baalke has embarked on a treasure hunt for the next Joe Montana, though Jeff Garcia the second would look dandy enough right now.

Before Baalke looks for the spot marked X, he wants to make one thing clear about the last time the franchise went down this road and drafted the disappointing Alex Smith (2005, No. 1 overall pick, ring a bell?):

"Well, first of all, I wasn't here when we drafted Alex," Baalke said last week. "I was in Washington when Alex was drafted. I came following that draft in the summer."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/04/23/SPP91J64D4.DTL#ixzz1KZJthIpS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was part of the group that drafted QB Jason Campbell.

i think the Skins wanted Aaron Rodgers @25 but he was picked right before by GB @24

They had two first round picks, one at #9.
Baalke has the final say, but i am sure he is taking Harbaugh's comments into huge consideration
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Baalke has the final say, but i am sure he is taking Harbaugh's comments into huge consideration

These two better be on the same page or we are phucked.