LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 364 users in the forums

Luck-Harbaugh??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Do you think the niners front office would allow our new gm and coach to move up in the draft to reunite coach and qb?

I'm not saying i support or oppose it but put yourself in Harbaugh's shoes. Why wouldnt you want the quarterback you spent years molding? Why would you want to start your NFL tenure with a quarterback your unfamiliar with? Wouldnt you want to see Luck throwing to Crabtree or Davis?

We might not even get Harbaugh, this is nothing more than speculation. But if we could pull this off we would have a system friendly to our QB and all we would have to do is have our offense learn their part.

It could work, but it would cost us. At this point, doest the cost matter???
Originally posted by 49swaggER:
Do you think the niners front office would allow our new gm and coach to move up in the draft to reunite coach and qb?

I'm not saying i support or oppose it but put yourself in Harbaugh's shoes. Why wouldnt you want the quarterback you spent years molding? Why would you want to start your NFL tenure with a quarterback your unfamiliar with? Wouldnt you want to see Luck throwing to Crabtree or Davis?

We might not even get Harbaugh, this is nothing more than speculation. But if we could pull this off we would have a system friendly to our QB and all we would have to do is have our offense learn their part.

It will take getting the #1 piack
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Exactly, thats what i meant by the cost. I know a lot of webzoners arent giddy about giving up a lot for the number 1 pick and Im on of those. But our qb position has been a joke for too long. Think about our 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders and some of our 1st rounders weve had these past few years. If you could go back in time and trade them for a legetimate qb would you? This is an opportunity that could be passed up for some future mediocre draft picks. On the other hand, Luck could fail all together and we would have spent a lot for nothing. All we can do is speculate but there is on thing i know. 5-10 is bulls***. I think it;s time to take a risk.

[ Edited by 49swaggER on Dec 30, 2010 at 22:17:23 ]

That's one hell of an idea.
it would help out alot if we loose to Arizona this week, to make it more managable to trade for that #1 overal.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Exactly, thats what i meant by the cost. I know a lot of webzoners arent giddy about giving up a lot for the number 1 pick and Im on of those. But our qb position has been a joke for too long. Think about our 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders and some of our 1st rounders weve had these past few years. If you could go back in time and trade them for a legetimate qb would you? This is an opportunity that could be passed up for some future mediocre draft picks. On the other hand, Luck could fail all together and we would have spent a lot for nothing. All we can do is speculate but there is on thing i know. 5-10 is bulls***. I think it;s time to take a risk.
imagine this happens

- Denver beats San Diego to finish 5-11
- Cincinnati wins at Baltimore to finish 5-11
- Buffalo wins at the New York Jets to finish 5-11
- Arizona wins at San Francisco to finish 6-10
- Cleveland beats Pittsburgh to finish 6-10
- Dallas wins at Philadelphia to finish 6-10
- Detroit beats Minnesota to finish 6-10
- Houston loses to Jacksonville to finish 5-11

we'll get the #2 pick.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
imagine this happens

we'll get the #2 pick.

hell of alot we need to happen ..
all that and still actually signing harbaugh. then actually drafting luck.
imagine this happens

we'll get the #2 pick.

a lot to ask for............I sure don't like the odds..........but a quarterback and the coach who helped mold him...........what are the odds on that as well?
imagine this happens

we'll get the #2 pick.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mister49:
imagine this happens

we'll get the #2 pick.

imagine this happens

we'll get the #2 pick.

The problem is, I'm not sure it will matter. IF Luck comes out and IF Carolina is really set on a QB, then I think they will take him. It seems like most people think Luck is a "sure thing" and everyone else has some question marks. So if we have the 2nd pick - or the 5th or the 8th, they would be picking a QB they have doubts about.

That would only be of they are sold on Luck though. The hope would be a decent offer would give them the opportunity to pick up a couple of (badly needed) defensive players, and they could stick with Clausen at QB.
imagine this happens

we'll get the #2 pick.

imagine this happens

we'll get the #2 pick.

so you're tellin' me there's a chance...
actually ive seen this scenerio on nfl network and we dont even need all that all we need is

Share 49ersWebzone