LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Kawakami's latest, 12/30

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Veteran
http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_16969978

the realist will be bashed. I think he's right though. Typical 49er move to put all our eggs in one basket. When Baalke cannot lure Harbaugh, all will go down the drain.
  • Veteran
I know lots of people don't like Kawakami, but he is spot on. They better get this right or they'll have some serious problems with ticket sales and support next year.
This is the problem with focusing on the coach you want.

Lets get the best possible, football minded, GM we can and let him hire coaches and players to match his vision. This Trent and Jim plan sounds like were putting the cart before the horse once again...

[ Edited by D_Niner on Dec 30, 2010 at 09:35:49 ]
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Lets get the best possible, football minded, GM we can and let him hire coaches and players to match his vision. This Trent and Jim plan sounds like were putting the horse before the cart once again...

But the horse does go before the cart.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Bottomline: the message from the bay area media is this; "The 49ers are f***ed."
Man K-Trash makes a living out of pessimistic garbage like this an y'all are making him rich right now

Originally posted by 190836:
I know lots of people don't like Kawakami, but he is spot on. They better get this right or they'll have some serious problems with ticket sales and support next year.

the truth can be painful sometimes
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Lets get the best possible, football minded, GM we can and let him hire coaches and players to match his vision. This Trent and Jim plan sounds like were putting the cart before the horse once again...

But the horse does go before the cart.

LOL... I guess I haven't had enough coffee this morning.

* fixed and thanks...

[ Edited by D_Niner on Dec 30, 2010 at 09:37:02 ]
Mike Lombardi keeps saying he is not a serious candidate. Has he shed any light as to what made him reach this conclusion?

Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Mike Lombardi keeps saying he is not a serious candidate. Has he shed any light as to what made him reach this conclusion?

he can probably see right through the York bulls**t, much like we can.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

exactly, we're a one trick pony, no deception what so ever
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

exactly, we're a one trick pony, no deception what so ever

Plus I'm sure Jed was Facebooking on his Iphone during the entire interview.
sums up my feelings "Why would York insist he needs a strong G.M. to fix the 49ers then precook the search to promote Baalke?

Baalke is the guy who was doing the job without the title on the 49ers' way to a 5-10 record this season, and he appeared to be stampeded by Singletary all the way."

tims latest tweets....

timkawakami Best-case 49ers scenario: Jed told Baalke it's his job if he can land Harbaugh. If no Harbaugh, Jed re-opens GM search. UNLIKELY scenario.

timkawakami Much more likely that Jed has decided on Baalke & hoping for Harbaugh. If no Harbaugh... it's probably up to Baalke to find somebody else.
Share 49ersWebzone