LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Jed is an empty suit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
O..K................

I apologize, I assumed this post was for me. If not, flame on!!!

I still think it would of been nice to hear your perspective rather than go off on a human psychology tangent.

Oakland, I've been giving my perspective all day dude. Let's just say our opinions on Baalke are on different sides of the street. My opinion is to give the dude a chance and see what he does. Every GM had to start some where. Baalke does not have a bad resume you know and he is highly respected around the league.

As for York maybe all of the advise he's been receiving from De Barlo has led him to this conclusion about Baalke. IDK

In short, I'll reserve my judgment for what he does with Coaching selections.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You know what I have to say to all you whiny little b***hes? You are free to go find another team, no one is making you stick around. If this organization is so f**ked, try another team. How any of you can even consider yourselves faithful is beyond me. At some point you have to man up and quit sounding like a bunch of 13 year old girls on your first period. You guys act like you know what is best, well if you know so damn much, why don't you apply for the job?

dude I think the majority of people dont like being told one thing and then see another happen
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I'm shocked. First class shocked. I didn't think Jed would do this. I really didn't.

Yet -- if he hires Baalke -- the title of this thread is true.

Jed is an empty suit. Get ready for another decade or more of losing football.

Maybe they really do want to move the team after all. They can't enjoy losing football.

Man -- if I were Eddie D. -- I'd pipe up and say "I had nothing to do with this. Jed isn't listening to anyone other than his father."

How do you know that eddie aint endorsing this? right now i see too many chicken littles running around.

That's what I'm trying to understand. Just because it's not to yalls liking doesn't mean it's wasn't endorsed by Eddie D or well thought out.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this but that's my opinion.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
You know what I have to say to all you whiny little b***hes? You are free to go find another team, no one is making you stick around. If this organization is so f**ked, try another team. How any of you can even consider yourselves faithful is beyond me. At some point you have to man up and quit sounding like a bunch of 13 year old girls on your first period. You guys act like you know what is best, well if you know so damn much, why don't you apply for the job?

You know your actin like whiny b***hes now lol if luv49ers says so!
Thank you Jed for making the 49ers organization the laughing stock of the NFL!!!
O..K................

I still think it would of been nice to hear your perspective rather than go off on a human psychology tangent.

Oakland, I've been giving my perspective all day dude. Let's just say our opinions on Baalke are on different sides of the street. My opinion is to give the dude a chance and see what he does. Every GM had to start some where. Baalke does not have a bad resume you know and he is highly respected around the league.

As for York maybe all of the advise he's been receiving from De Barlo has led him to this conclusion about Baalke. IDK

Now I'm really confused. I agree with everything you said. Twice in the OP I stated it's not about Baalke. I just dont understand why Jed would stress he wants experience and that the search would be deep and wide if he knew who he wanted from the get go? What is even more scary is if he didn't already know as much as he needed to know about Baalke until after Monday. Either he is a liar or beyond incompetent.

To be fair I did think of one other possiblity. Maybe Jed wanted Baalke all along, but couldn't say it because he knew he had to comply with the Rooney Rule. If he did come out and say he wanted Baalke, what would he say then? "The NFL is making me interview a black guy."? That would be embarrasing for both parties.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 29, 2010 at 19:10:05 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Jed is a joke why doesn't he spend the money and go through one of those head hunting firms that helps teams find executives. I remember other teams doing that, I think Seattle did it last year.

Do you feel better now?

BTW, isn't what you're proposing the definitiion of a fair weather fan? I'm of the opinion that anyone on this board is by definition a fan. Faithful? No, that's a York marketing scheme, apparently it works (on some...). I am faithful to the Niners, not the Yorks. The Niners are my team, just like my family is my family. And when I see a family member (Niners) being abused (Yorks) I feel the need to speak out.

I'd prefer to see this organization return to glory, not continue to be a laughing stock. I am and always will be a 49er fan but that doesn't mean I will automatically be a fan of every move the 49ers make. If you love rooting for futility and broken promises the past decade must have been some of the best years of your life.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
O..K................

Now I'm really confused. I agree with everything you said. Twice in the OP I stated it's not about Baalke. I just dont understand why Jed would stress he wants experience and that the search would be deep and wide if he knew who he wanted from the get go? What is even more scary is if he didn't already know as much as he needed to know about Baalke until after Monday. Either he is a liar or beyond incompetent.

To be fair I did think of one other possiblity. Maybe Jed wanted Baalke all along, but couldn't say it because he knew he had to comply with the Rooney Rule. If he did come out and say he wanted Baalke, what would he guy."? That would be embarrasing for both parties.come out and say to the media? "I want Baalke, but the NFL is making me interview a black

That is an interesting take on it, why would he be interviewing lombardi? and scheduling future interviews with sundquist? I could understand getting some guidence from the likes of lombardi, really in the end though its all going to depend who our new GM brings in as a coach.
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming. I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

if you don't like where the team is going then leave, you don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you don't like the food, so stop coming here...

Cry Babies...

LOL...

1. If Jed really did start thinking about who his GM is going to be the day Sing got fired we are in bigger trouble than I thought. I would hope long before we even new it was an issue, he was thinking and privately asking others for advice on a GM.
2. Why choose the chicken little analogy? The sky isn't falling, it fell about 8 years ago. It really doesn't get much worst than what we had in the Yorks in NFL terms.
3. It may be the Yorks team financially, but without us there is no them. And the way I see it, they are renting the Niners. They could take "their team" anywhere they want, but I promise you the 9er name wont follow.
4. Stop eating at the restraunt? Easier said than done if the restraunt is the only one in town and there isn't a supermarket.

You're right, there isn't another football team in the Bay Area and chicken little is because certain people tend to over exaggerate tiny things...

I just am wondering why we can't get a GM in here while Baalke is under contract as VP of Player Personnel?

Let the experienced GM kind of show Baalke the ropes until he takes over.

Or maybe that was what Jed pitched and all of the candidates were like... naahhh.
O..K................

To be fair I did think of one other possiblity. Maybe Jed wanted Baalke all along, but couldn't say it because he knew he had to comply with the Rooney Rule. If he did come out and say he wanted Baalke, what would he guy."? That would be embarrasing for both parties.come out and say to the media? "I want Baalke, but the NFL is making me interview a black

None of us are in position to know for sure but after dealing with Sing garbage for the past couple years, I'ma approach this situation optimistically as a move in the right direction and let them prove my optimism as false hope.

Ever since they fired Sing, I've been hopeful of better things to come and will remain that way until they give me REAL reason to think other wise.
Originally posted by nooj:
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming. I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

if you don't like where the team is going then leave, you don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you don't like the food, so stop coming here...

Cry Babies...

I'm not sure if you realize this, but this is an internet forum for 49ers related discussions and one can assume if you are here, you are probably a fan of the team. So you look like a fool telling fans to stop caring about a team that happens to be run by amateurs.

yeah, opinions and that is mine, certain fans cry like girls. Also, amateurs huh, like the ones that run this site...?
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nooj:

Cry Babies...

I'm not sure if you realize this, but this is an internet forum for 49ers related discussions and one can assume if you are here, you are probably a fan of the team. So you look like a fool telling fans to stop caring about a team that happens to be run by amateurs.

yeah, opinions and that is mine, certain fans cry like girls. Also, amateurs huh, like the ones that run this site...?

Originally posted by GhostofJimmyDean:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming.
I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

Cry Babies...

If you believe that then I feel sorry for you.

Oh, and your info is so much better, please tell me, what connections do you have to the team? how is it that you know the inner workings about what's going on and how the hiring process is going down? that's right, you don't have any, you sit on your couch like the rest of us and watch on Sundays. Good for you though because you can be the guy who pretends to know more than anybody else...

So just accept whatever sh** Jed shovels at you and smile?...

No thanks.

there are 31 other teams you know...

You should become a fan of one of them.

Yeah, the reason why you have no friends is because of the things you say. See, because I defend my team from impostor fans and say that you and your friends are not creditable in any way hurts you. Fake Fan, maybe you should go back to the real team you cheer for...
Share 49ersWebzone