There are 201 users in the forums

Jed is an empty suit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I'm shocked. First class shocked. I didn't think Jed would do this. I really didn't.

Yet -- if he hires Baalke -- the title of this thread is true.

Jed is an empty suit. Get ready for another decade or more of losing football.

Maybe they really do want to move the team after all. They can't enjoy losing football.

Man -- if I were Eddie D. -- I'd pipe up and say "I had nothing to do with this. Jed isn't listening to anyone other than his father."

Thats my nightmere. The coup de grace of the York's will be to move the team to LA where they can start fresh, flush, and feel "appreciated."
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:
I'm shocked. First class shocked. I didn't think Jed would do this. I really didn't.

Maybe they really do want to move the team after all. They can't enjoy losing football.

Man -- if I were Eddie D. -- I'd pipe up and say "I had nothing to do with this. Jed isn't listening to anyone other than his father."

Thats my nightmere. The coup de grace of the York's will be to move the team to LA where they can start fresh, flush, and feel "appreciated."

Leave the logo and GTFO.

Why are you shocked? I mean come on really?...

Jed is more of a Frontman / Faceman. Dad and Mom still have all the Billions and sign the checks. He doesn't have as much autonomy as some people think. And the decisions he does make are still "York decisions." Which is never good BTW...
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

How do you know that eddie aint endorsing this? right now i see too many chicken littles running around.

Because if Baalke is hired -- the whole Jed news conference and "money is no object" statement is full of sham. They were after Baalke from the beginning and then made a lame attempt to pull the wool over our eyes.

There's no way Eddie D. would be endorsing someone like Baalke to move in and take over. He has absolutely NO experience as a GM -- and that's what is needed here.

If I'm Eddie D.? I distance myself from this impending train wreck -- FAST. Because there will be a howl of protest if Baalke gets this gig. You know it. I know it.
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by BHulman:

Leave the logo and GTFO.

Amen brotha!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Jed is more of a Frontman / Faceman. Dad and Mom still have all the Billions and sign the checks. He doesn't have as much autonomy as some people think. And the decisions he does make are still "York decisions." Which is never good BTW...

Dear Lord -- I hope to GOD you are wrong. But -- at the same time -- there's this nagging voice in my head that says: "Yep, he's right."
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming. I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

if you don't like where the team is going then leave, you don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you don't like the food, so stop coming here...

Cry Babies...

It's a good thing you're NOT the owner because you'd end up selling peanuts to yourself in the stands.

People have the right to complain especially when they think that they're being taken for a ride!

Then get off the ride, it's that simple...

When was the last time you heard a store manager or a restaurant manager say " If you don't like it here, then DON'T come back.

How long do you think they'd stay in business?

I work for a meat company that deliveries to plenty of restaurants, if you don't like it then someone else will. the customer is no one special, they're just a number, it's life and fact...

That is just it right there, as a store manager of a retail chain you could NEVER say that to a customer and expect to keep your job. The customer is who buys your goods and the customer is indirectly paying your paycheck. If I heard any of my employees say anything remotely close to that they would be suspended on the spot.
You know what I have to say to all you whiny little b***hes? You are free to go find another team, no one is making you stick around. If this organization is so f**ked, try another team. How any of you can even consider yourselves faithful is beyond me. At some point you have to man up and quit sounding like a bunch of 13 year old girls on your first period. You guys act like you know what is best, well if you know so damn much, why don't you apply for the job?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Dear Lord -- I hope to GOD you are wrong. But -- at the same time -- there's this nagging voice in my head that says: "Yep, he's right."

The voice is right and so am I...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Let's see if they spend the money saved on a GM on a coach. You should ask yourself what other team would have hired Trent Baalke as a GM, answer no one. This was another money saving move.
The Yorks are cheap, plain and simple. Player salaries are not an argument against them being cheap. In 2006 a team had to spend 86% of the cap on player salaries.

[ Edited by BobS on Dec 29, 2010 at 18:43:12 ]

Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You know what I have to say to all you whiny little b***hes? You are free to go find another team, no one is making you stick around. If this organization is so f**ked, try another team. How any of you can even consider yourselves faithful is beyond me. At some point you have to man up and quit sounding like a bunch of 13 year old girls on your first period. You guys act like you know what is best, well if you know so damn much, why don't you apply for the job?

Because, despite assurances to the contrary, they are already set with Baalke.

Do you feel better now?

BTW, isn't what you're proposing the definitiion of a fair weather fan? I'm of the opinion that anyone on this board is by definition a fan. Faithful? No, that's a York marketing scheme, apparently it works (on some...). I am faithful to the Niners, not the Yorks. The Niners are my team, just like my family is my family. And when I see a family member (Niners) being abused (Yorks) I feel the need to speak out.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 29, 2010 at 18:47:29 ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran

+1
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

Your logic is sound. I can find no flaws whatsoever.

Nope, none at all.
Share 49ersWebzone