LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Jed is an empty suit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I can't even begin to tell you how irritated I am at the Yorks right now! Though it is not official, many trusted 9ers writers are now reporting that Baalke will be the new GM. I have no idea whether this will be a good move or not, but I am sure of one thing. I am sick and tired of the Yorks blowing smoke up our ass. I have lost all respect for this organization. Don't come out and proclaim that you are going on a world wide search for a GM, when all along you know who you are going to choose. It's flat out dishonest.

Note to Jed: If you think Baalke is good enough to turn this ship around stand by your man and endorse him from day one. But please, don’t put on this big dog and pony show when anyone that is paying attention can tell it's a farce.

I use to think Jed wanted to win just as bad as us fans. Now I'm starting to think he just says whatever he thinks we want to hear as long as we continue to line their pockets.

Again, this is not about Baalke. It's about the manner in which Jed went about it.

The Yorks are a joke and should be kicked out of the NFL.

P.S. I've been flamed on this board for calling the Yorks cheap, but I stand by that. One day, and in another thread I'll be happy to lay it out in detail.

I can't help myself. Here is a little teaser:

1. Acquiring one big name free agent a year for a few years when your team has almost zero talent (2005,6,7) does not make you a big spender.
2. Signing guys to contract extensions (Haralson, Brooks, Staley) well before they have proven they deserve it is not smart, it's cheap. They are just hoping to get lucky and not have to pay what the real market price would be if they turned into something.
3. When you have not had a winning season in 8 years you shouldn't be 30 million under the 2009/10 cap.
4. VD&PW could easily be chalked up to a PR move.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 29, 2010 at 16:37:01 ]
did someone say suit?
  • nooj
  • Veteran
I thought it said empty s*ut.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I agree with you 100%, I dont like to be lied to as a fan. To sit up there on a press conference and tell us "we looking for a best GM" when all along he was gonna promote Baalke to begin with. It angers me that we are being lied to.

[ Edited by susweel on Dec 29, 2010 at 16:41:01 ]
~ Jed an empty suit - YUP.
~ Yorks blowing smoke up our a** - YUP.
~ GM search a farce - YUP (already decided - just media ploy).
~ Same old Yorks - YUP.
~ Another Jed YES MAN as GM - YUP.
~ Expect to lose for years to come - YUP.
I couldnt have said it better myself. What a complete joke this organization has become.

[ Edited by mdonch3 on Dec 29, 2010 at 16:40:22 ]
If Jed goes out and hires Baalke today or tomorrow, I will back you on this one. He said he was going to conduct an extensive GM search, and would be going back on his word. He wouldn't be conducting an extensive search if he hires a GM before he has the chance to interview those which are currently working for an NFL team.

As far as I know, he has conducted 2 phone interviews and that is all. He interviewed two candidates which are not likely "real" candidates., Micheal Lombardi and Softli (probably for Rooney Rule only).

Like you said, this is not about Baalke, who may turn out to be great. It is about their lack of honesty to the fans.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Where in the world do you get stuff like that?
Originally posted by susweel:
I agree with you 100%, I dont like to be lied to as a fan. To sit up their on a press conference and tell us "we looking for a best GM" when all along he was gonna promote Baalke to begin with. It angers me that we are being lied to.

You didn't really believe that pathetic press conference did you?... I've never seen a more pathetic, scared, overmatched kid. He can't even speak well from the podium. He fumbles with his water bottle and gets mad at reporters who ask tough questions. That's the same guy people have faith in to make the right decision on a GM...

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I agree with you 100%, I dont like to be lied to as a fan. To sit up their on a press conference and tell us "we looking for a best GM" when all along he was gonna promote Baalke to begin with. It angers me that we are being lied to.

You didn't really believe that pathetic press conference did you?... I've never seen a more pathetic, scared, overmatched kid. He can't even speak well from the podium. He fumbles with his water bottle and gets mad at reporters who ask tough questions. That's the same guy people have faith in to make the right decision on a GM...

You know what SD I actually did believe it for a day. I really thought they had seen the light, and this younger York actually does get it. But after all these Baalke reports its all the same ol' York's. Aint nothing has changed, we are gonna continue on the same dysfunctional path.
Originally posted by SJniner7:
If Jed goes out and hires Baalke today or tomorrow, I will back you on this one. He said he was going to conduct an extensive GM search, and would be going back on his word. He wouldn't be conducting an extensive search if he hires a GM before he has the chance to interview those which are currently working for an NFL team.

As far as I know, he has conducted 2 phone interviews and that is all. He interviewed two candidates which are not likely "real" candidates., Micheal Lombardi and Softli (probably for Rooney Rule only).

Like you said, this is not about Baalke, who may turn out to be great. It is about their lack of honesty to the fans.

I agree with this. It isn't about Baalke at all. He may be good. It's just the lies to the fans and press. And the scham GM search. It's a total farce. And Yorks not doing their due diligence (like everytime). They need to interview lots of guys and outside guys too and experienced guys. But they always look for the easy way out. Quick internal hire. Get the process over. We've seen this before.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
~ Same old Yorks - YUP.

Hey look everybody! He's complaining again! Hurry!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
~ Same old Yorks - YUP.

THIS + putting noobs in as GM & HC postions. I'm pissed right now too.

You know what SD I actually did believe it for a day. I really thought they had seen the light, and this younger York actually does get it. But after all these Baalke reports its all the same ol' York's. Aint nothing has changed, we are gonna continue on the same dysfunctional path.

I knew form the very first second of the press conference it was ALL LIES and BS. Of course I have more York HATE in me than any 10,000 WZers combined too so I don't know if it's a fair comparison...
Share 49ersWebzone