LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Jed is an empty suit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Reading this stuff is a very interesting study in human psychology. Keep it coming fellas.

Where have you been? I've been waiting for you to show up and enlighten us O Great One! It must be tiresome for you to deal with a people of such feeble mind.
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Can anyone answer me when Jed officially took over the team?

Right when Nolan was fired IIRC.

-9fA
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Never, it never happened. His daddy and mommy are still calling the shots, Jed is just the manager.
Originally posted by nooj:
Reading this stuff is a very interesting study in human psychology. Keep it coming fellas.

Do you mean Jed's severe mental retardation?

No. The study of human behavior when people don't get what they want. If I could hold up a mirror for ya'll to see yourselves right now. Very amusing to me.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Where have you been? I've been waiting for you to show up and enlighten us O Great One! It must be tiresome for you to deal with a people of such feeble mind.

Did I say something in particular to you Oakland?
  • nooj
  • Veteran

I think Dec 2008
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
If Jed goes out and hires Baalke today or tomorrow, I will back you on this one. He said he was going to conduct an extensive GM search, and would be going back on his word. He wouldn't be conducting an extensive search if he hires a GM before he has the chance to interview those which are currently working for an NFL team.

As far as I know, he has conducted 2 phone interviews and that is all. He interviewed two candidates which are not likely "real" candidates., Micheal Lombardi and Softli (probably for Rooney Rule only).

Like you said, this is not about Baalke, who may turn out to be great. It is about their lack of honesty to the fans.

I am blown away by the fact Lombardi said what he said about his interview with the Yorks. I dont think I've ever heard someone speak so poorly about a potential boss which leads me to believe things went poorly. Can anyone else imagine Lombardi putting out an acceptable salary range and the Yorks countering with, "Baalke would do it for half the price..".....LOL

Damn, what did he say, is there a link? thanks.
Do I stand alone when i say that i am not merely as concerned with a GM as I am with finding a competent HC. We understand the importance of having a GM but my only true understanding of what Baalke has contributed thus far is last years draft. If Jed hires him there's nothing we can do, but the first true test to see is the HC he puts in place. If it's the right guy or should I say a fan favorite his ratings will truly boost, then its on to free agency
Which brings up the big question: DOES HE REALLY TALK AND LISTEN TO HIS UNCLE? Or he just says it to keep crowd control?

Baalke may work out or not but the point is to interview all those that may be interested including all those people that have been released after all the playoffs.

It doesn't make sense just to interview those he knows won't make the cut. WTF it's just a waste of time and money and most fans aren't stupid enough to believe this charade.

It's beginning to look more like a money ISSUE all over again inspite of him saying "Money is NO object". Hmmm! More bull?

[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Dec 29, 2010 at 17:18:05 ]
  • Veteran
He is a lier, this is a dog and pony show conducted by a 28 year old who thinks we are bunch of idiots. F***ing Yorks will never get it right.

Originally posted by mryan1004:
Do I stand alone when i say that i am not merely as concerned with a GM as I am with finding a competent HC. We understand the importance of having a GM but my only true understanding of what Baalke has contributed thus far is last years draft. If Jed hires him there's nothing we can do, but the first true test to see is the HC he puts in place. If it's the right guy or should I say a fan favorite his ratings will truly boost, then its on to free agency

No, you're not alone.
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming. I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

if you don't like where the team is going then leave, you don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you don't like the food, so stop coming here...

Cry Babies...
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Which brings up the big question: DOES HE REALLY TALK AND LISTEN TO HIS UNCLE? Or he just says it to keep crowd control?

Baalke may work out or not but the point is to interview all those that may be interested including all those people that have been released after all the playoffs.

It doesn't make sense just to interview those he knows won't make the cut. WTF it's just a waste of timeand money and most fans aren't stupid enough to believe this charade.

It's beginning to look more like a money ISSUE all over again inspite of him saying "Money is NO object". Hmmm! More bull?

I understand your point, but I also think that there is a race to the free agent HCs out there. There are multiple teams needing HCs and i feel its more so getting the GM in there and hurry to the best candidates available
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
I really don't get it, what if Jed's intention was to start this massive search and find the best possible man, but after talking with Eddie D, Parcells and others everyone pointed to Trent as the next coming.
I don't know anymore, it seems like niner fans have just become a bunch of cry baby B****s, all day long they complain and do the whole chicken little thing, it's kinda pathetic. It's not your team, it's not your money, if you don't like what you see then leave it's not gonna hurt anybody. No one here knows anything about how this process works, and PLEASE, PLEASE don't bring up Walsh and Eddie D; they are from a different time and a different era. Both of them have had their failures and became better for it.

if you don't like where the team is going then leave, you don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you don't like the food, so stop coming here...

Cry Babies...

If you believe that then I feel sorry for you.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Right when Nolan was fired IIRC.

-9fA

So, I don't understand why people are complaining about s**t that he maybe did not have any control over.

Since taking over he fired Nolan for not getting the job done, hired Sing because team showed some improvement, then fired him for not getting the job done. Has he turned the franchise around. No, but he is definitely trying to get this right.
Share 49ersWebzone