LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 143 users in the forums

Alex Smith named the starter for week 17, Willis will miss his first game ever

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Handlesit:
Originally posted by verb1der:
I bet Alex Smith plays lights out this Sunday, it's inevitable.

Originally posted by susweel:
I think so also, he does great in meaningless games.

Someone needs to tell Alex his NFL future of being a starter is on the line... or anything else that will make him nervous.

We probably shouldn't boo him, or it will make him play better.
This is pointless. Alex will have a good game and not just because he is trying to f**k us one last time. It is because the Cardinals SUCK, they are even WORSE on the road and we completely dominate them PERIOD.

We killed them in Arizona and we will kill them in San Fran REGARDLESS of who is QB. The offense is going to get opened up because Mike Johnson wants to show the rest of the NFL, what he is capable of doing.

It is going to look like our offense has "arrived" by the time this game is over but don't be fooled by the slightest bit. We will destroy Arizona at home no matter who is our QB because they are just that bad, PERIOD.

I told yall at the beginning of the week the 49ers have ZERO chance at losing this game. We are bad but that is how bad the Cardinals are on the road and against us period. We completely own that team in every aspect of the game. I do not know why we play lights out against them but nobody else, but it is what it is.

49ers had zero chance of losing this game a month ago and that rings the same. We will blow them out on Sunday without Willis. BOOK IT
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Alex might do better since someone isn't breathing down his neck ready to chew him out for every mistake. He might also do well considering is a meaningless game and he usually does better in non-critical situations. He is also trying to get a job next year.

I don't think 49ers fans will boo him. I think they will cheer considering it's his last game. I thought this day would never come.
Some of you people have zero class, this booing of Alex Smith is beyond getting old, iv never felt more embarrassed to be a 49ers fan

Alex Smith is not the reason this team fell to a 5-10 season, so many players on this 49ers team have underachieved, and the secondary is a disaster.

Some of you, hell most of you were booing Alex on the first play of the game against the seahawks, he goes on the throw for 3 Tds in the half and if not for singletary more than likely would have thrown for more

moral of this post, many of you so called friends have zero class, i will wish the best for Alex and given the right people he can be successful in this league
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Court5274:
Some of you people have zero class, this booing of Alex Smith is beyond getting old, iv never felt more embarrassed to be a 49ers fan

Alex Smith is not the reason this team fell to a 5-10 season, so many players on this 49ers team have underachieved, and the secondary is a disaster.

Some of you, hell most of you were booing Alex on the first play of the game against the seahawks, he goes on the throw for 3 Tds in the half and if not for singletary more than likely would have thrown for more

moral of this post, many of you so called friends have zero class, i will wish the best for Alex and given the right people he can be successful in this league

I hate to break this to you. But in real life, you get boo-ed when you're a qb in the NFL and you fail and suck for 6 years straight. Maybe, just maybe some of it is his fault, since he killed off about 2 coaches, 1 GM, and a few OCs. I suppose he had nothing to do with those people losing their jobs or moving onto other teams.
Originally posted by nooj:

I hate to break this to you. But in real life, you get boo-ed when you're a qb in the NFL and you fail and suck for 6 years straight. Maybe, just maybe some of it is his fault, since he killed off about 2 coaches, 1 GM, and a few OCs. I suppose he had nothing to do with those people losing their jobs or moving onto other teams.

spoken like a person who truly does not understand what its like to play a sport, people like you should consider yourselves just another sports writer, only not good
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i have a feeling alex is gonna play very well and kill our chances to for a top 5 pick

It's his one last "F U" to the fans and the organization.

As if 6 years of him failing weren't enough
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Alex Smith will play and Patrick Willis won't, sweet!!

We might lose after all, yah baby!
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nooj:

spoken like a person who truly does not understand what its like to play a sport, people like you should consider yourselves just another sports writer, only not good

Thanks Al Bundy. Just because you scored four touchdowns in a single game in high school doesn't mean you know jack sh*t about the NFL. I placed second in my fantasy league this year, beat that!
Originally posted by Chief:

Actually, I think Alex gives a better chance of winning this game. He's more likely to play lights out since this is his last chance to showcase if he leaves...

It'll be his last gift for those goofballs who plan to boo him...

Originally posted by Jakemall:

Actually, I think Alex gives a better chance of winning this game. He's more likely to play lights out since this is his last chance to showcase if he leaves...

I hope Johnson just opens this thing up full throttle and for once just let the chips fall where they may. Crabtree and Davis all day long.
Originally posted by BHulman:

I hope Johnson just opens this thing up full throttle and for once just let the chips fall where they may. Crabtree and Davis all day long.

If Johnson wants to come back next year he should do that.
  • Veteran
No one cares.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT P*SSY BOY (ALICE SMITH) HAS HIS WORST DAY AS A NINER

8/35 98 YARDS 0 TDS 5 INTS

YOU BETTER F*CKEN LOSE YOU F*CKEN PATHETIC LOSER

You know...I do agree that Alex isn't good but to call him a "pu**y boy" is pretty stupid.

And what's with the vitriol against a guy you've never met and don't know? You realize this just makes you look a little pathetic.

I'll say it again..Alex Smith is just a 26 year old dude on an NFL team.

The way some of you "hate" this guy...you would think Alex is child molesting cannibal.

But I've gotta say...it's hilarious.

I can't help but think of this pic when I see posts like this:

I heart Niner Talk

i agree with ya Lamb....reading all these hateful and in most cases, ignorant posts makes me embarrassed to call myself a niner. do people these days not know what CHARACTER is anymore? so the guy hasn't played up to his potential. yes, he shouldn't have been picked #1 overall. we severely overpaid for him. but is that his fault? to be honest, if anyone should have any beef it should be Alex at our front office's feeble attempts to run a professional football team. I wouldn't be surprised if Alex goes to another team and lights it up similar to what Orton did in Denver.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by BHulman:

If Johnson wants to come back next year he needs to do that.

fixed
Share 49ersWebzone