Alex Smith named the starter for week 17, Willis will miss his first game ever

Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why give him a chance?

if he does well everyone will just want to resign him???

I woukd rather see Mike Robinson back there

do you even watch the 9ers??? he is a seahawk...

Yeah, I'd rather see Peyton Manning back there. Or Drew Brees even.

Seriously, doesn't this just constitute a tryout for Arizona? Don't we really WANT him to sign with them next year?

A friend of mine who is Cards fan said that he and many other Card fans want Alex on their squad. I told him to enjoy, we're done with him.
There is a substantial amount of fan support for Alex in Seattle as well. It seems as though everyplace but the 'zone appreciates what a nightmare this franchise has been the last 8 years and how hard that has made it on players.

You know what this tells me? It tells me that people believe that Alex Smith's woes are due to the 49ers Organization and not due to any Lack of skill on Alex's part.

I don't think people believe Alex's problems are NOT due to ANY lack of skill on his part. Might be a slight exaggeration.

I think most NFL coaches/outside fans probably believe that given a good situation, decent offensive coaching, and a proper game plan that suits his stregths...Alex could be GOOD...not great...not spectacular..not elite...but "good...solid."

Maybe a team like Arizona would sign Alex and draft Stanzi for example. Alex would basically be their version of Tim Rattay more or less.

Alex Smith and SF 49ers just do not go well together. Ironically...if he came out this year...he'd be better off then coming out in 2005. It's just sad that we are now FINALLY realizing our mistakes and FINALLY realizing this is a pass oriented league and we need a offensive minded coach.

Oh well...better late than never I guess.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
why give him a chance?

Seriously, doesn't this just constitute a tryout for Arizona? Don't we really WANT him to sign with them next year?

A friend of mine who is Cards fan said that he and many other Card fans want Alex on their squad. I told him to enjoy, we're done with him.
There is a substantial amount of fan support for Alex in Seattle as well. It seems as though everyplace but the 'zone appreciates what a nightmare this franchise has been the last 8 years and how hard that has made it on players.

You know what this tells me? It tells me that people believe that Alex Smith's woes are due to the 49ers Organization and not due to any Lack of skill on Alex's part.

I don't think people believe David's problems are NOT due to ANY lack of skill on his part. Might be a slight exaggeration.

I think most NFL coaches/outside fans probably believe that given a good situation, decent offensive coaching, and a proper game plan that suits his stregths...David could be GOOD...not great...not spectacular..not elite...but "good...solid."

Maybe a team like the Panthers would sign David and draft anyone for example. David would basically be their version of Tim Rattay more or less.

David Carr and Houston Texans just do not go well together. Ironically...if he came out this year...he'd be better off then coming out in 2005. It's just sad that we are now FINALLY realizing our mistakes and FINALLY realizing this is a pass oriented league and we need a offensive minded coach.

fixed..... sounds familiar?

I remember reading a Texans' message forum, and they were talking about one of our 9er boards and saying how familiar it was for them....thinking everyone else might be the problem but David Carr.

we'll see though.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
why give him a chance?

I don't think people believe David's problems are NOT due to ANY lack of skill on his part. Might be a slight exaggeration.

I think most NFL coaches/outside fans probably believe that given a good situation, decent offensive coaching, and a proper game plan that suits his stregths...David could be GOOD...not great...not spectacular..not elite...but "good...solid."

Maybe a team like the Panthers would sign David and draft anyone for example. David would basically be their version of Tim Rattay more or less.

David Carr and Houston Texans just do not go well together. Ironically...if he came out this year...he'd be better off then coming out in 2005. It's just sad that we are now FINALLY realizing our mistakes and FINALLY realizing this is a pass oriented league and we need a offensive minded coach.

fixed..... sounds familiar?

I remember reading a Texans' message forum, and they were talking about one of our 9er boards and saying how familiar it was for them....thinking everyone else might be the problem but David Carr.

we'll see though.

I see where you're coming from and to a certain extent I agree. I still think Alex has a little more upside than Carr. Not to mention...Smith is only 26 and has started 49 games (3 years and 1 game). Carr was used and bruised by the time he was done with the Texans. But you do make a good point. I just think Smiths situation as a whole is slightly different than Carr...at least at the end of it all.

Guess we'll see.
f**k! alex is gonna rip arizona up. hopefully arizona's offense matches our willis-less defense. winning this game is not beneficial to our team going into a major makeover offseason.
Willis is coaching.
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Willis is coaching.

Win or I'll tackle you into oblivion?
I think it is freakin awesome that they decided to start AS. LOL. Only fitting that it finish how it started. Plus one last explosion of hatred on the zone to cap it off.

I personally hope that Alex goes out there and gets like 6 td's. that would crack me up. don't think he wants to stay here just as much as the rest of the niner nation is ready for him to leave. of course he will probably tank and we will get one last boo for him as well....lol. Im glad it's a home game also. :)

[ Edited by brucesf49 on Dec 29, 2010 at 14:33:31 ]
FLY PHOENIX FLY
Well, willis played well this year. Give him a rest. He'll be in the probowl, and he'll be on target next year. I dont know why they are starting smith, might as well let nate davis play. Make everyone show who they are and what they got.
Originally posted by brucesf49:
I think it is freakin awesome that they decided to start AS. LOL. Only fitting that it finish how it started. Plus one last explosion of hatred on the zone to cap it off.

I personally hope that Alex goes out there and gets like 6 td's. that would crack me up. don't think he wants to stay here just as much as the rest of the niner nation is ready for him to leave. of course he will probably tank and we will get one last boo for him as well....lol. Im glad it's a home game also. :)

It will be interesting to watch. This may be his best game ever. I could see that happening.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT P*SSY BOY (ALICE SMITH) HAS HIS WORST DAY AS A NINER

8/35 98 YARDS 0 TDS 5 INTS

YOU BETTER F*CKEN LOSE YOU F*CKEN PATHETIC LOSER

Wow, your a classy one! Nice fan that roots for his own players and team to suck and lose. I'd like to see our team show some pride and go out and kick some butt. We arn not getting Luck no matter what so who cares if we drop 5 or so spots in the draft.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I bet Alex Smith plays lights out this Sunday, it's inevitable.

Originally posted by susweel:
I think so also, he does great in meaningless games.

Someone needs to tell Alex his NFL future of being a starter is on the line... or anything else that will make him nervous.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Ohh yeah this is a home game as well. Should add a little excitement as well.

hell yah

end of alex smith era
Playing for pride, no Singlecell filosofy to weigh everyone down, the coaches open it up to show that that past wasn't their idea... the team soars and wins big.

Don't boo Smith. That would be so sad, really. Instead, stand up and flip the bird to the owner's box. The Yorks are an arrogant and stupid bunch whose ineffectual ownership is the problem, not some kid or even a coach who thought he was on a mission from god.
he'll do everything he can to win to screw up our draft position. this is has last F-U to the organization that mismanaged and screwed him over time and time again