There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

York on Sirius NFL radio at 11:10 a.m. PT.

SF_49ers San Francisco 49ers
Jed York will be on Sirius NFL radio at 11:10 a.m. PT.

Plwase post a recap for people wiithout Sirius.
York is in full damage control, he sure is doing a lot of talking these days.
Originally posted by susweel:

What do you expect him to do?
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

He needs to STFU and produce a good GM and HC. All this talking is gonna look really bad if hires Baalke, he's gonna come off as the ultimate liar if that happens.
Wonder if he be asked why he settling on Baalke..
i remember tough talk like this last year from a certain McSomething or other.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

He needs to STFU and produce a good GM and HC. All this talking is gonna look really bad if hires Baalke, he's gonna come off as the ultimate liar if that happens.

You realize it's 2010 and people have to do interviews and make appearances? He's a public figure. What do you think he should do? Turn down every interview and tell the folks at SIRIUS to "fvck off" when asked to do interviews?

Not trying to be a douche but I dont understand what people expect out of an owner of a team in this situation?
He didn't say much of anything. He just said that he will speak to parcells about baalke as well as the process in general. He also reiterated that he will hire a GM first and will not make any exceptions if an established coach like gruden or cowher will want a lot of personnel control and input in selecting the GM.
The one thing that he repeated several time is that his top priority is to find a GM and a coach that can work well together. He must have mentioned it at least 6-7 times. This suggests to me that there was conflict between Baalke and Singletary. It's not surprising to me though. Thinking back to the webcam on draft day, Sing looked irate several times, and Baalke looked like someone who was biting his tongue half the time.

It might also suggest why so many member of this team, coaching/players quit this year.

My concern is that Jed's calling around the league to get advice is a double edged sword. I'm glad that he's drawing on experienced personnel people. BUT, it backs up the bigger concern that Jed's just too inexperienced to make these calls all by himself. He needs an experienced personnel guy back there to help guide this franchise. Bringing in Baalke as a first time GM and a college coach doesn't really provide that IMHO.
Originally posted by Butter:
The one thing that he repeated several time is that his top priority is to find a GM and a coach that can work well together. He must have mentioned it at least 6-7 times. This suggests to me that there was conflict between Baalke and Singletary. It's not surprising to me though. Thinking back to the webcam on draft day, Sing looked irate several times, and Baalke looked like someone who was biting his tongue half the time.

It might also suggest why so many member of this team, coaching/players quit this year.

My concern is that Jed's calling around the league to get advice is a double edged sword. I'm glad that he's drawing on experienced personnel people. BUT, it backs up the bigger concern that Jed's just too inexperienced to make these calls all by himself. He needs an experienced personnel guy back there to help guide this franchise. Bringing in Baalke as a first time GM and a college coach doesn't really provide that IMHO.

Agreed. Baalke seems like an intelligent guy while Sing just goes off emotion.

We need a guy who is calculated and makes GOOD decisions. Sing is the total OPPOSITE.

What scares me is that he's asking all his competitors for advice. I mean yeah, some of them like the Krafts will probably help out, but people might give him bad advice on purpose to try to get us to f**k up. After all, this is a competitive league. I mean heck, even the Krafts probably want him to hire Baalke so we don't steal Caserio.

Jed plainly stated about one minute into his CSN interview with Mindy Bach that Singletary and Baalke did NOT have good chemistry.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/ninersvideo

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Dec 29, 2010 at 12:37:48 ]
I dont mind trent as gm he did a pretty good last minute job drafting this year, Davis,Mike,Bowman,Dixon and also got westbrook. he seems to have a good scouting eye..All we need a is a good HC and i'm not too high on Gruden either his superbowl team was made by dungie
What'd he say? Anyone listen?
I don't get why people are getting mad at the thought of hiring Baalke. The guy had a good draft. It's not his fault Sing was coach and Alexis was QB. Supposedly lots of teams are high on him too.