There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Stop Bashing Jed York!

Originally posted by daWest:
all these people on the jed jalopy

why set yourselves up for disappointment???

Jalopy (also clunker or hooptie) is an old, decrepit, unreliable and often nonfunctional car which has limited mechanical abilities and is often rusty or dented or in an unmaintained shape.

You guys are killin me... Let it go.. He is doing better and looking like he can actually learn. He even says Eddie D may be in the room for the GM interviews, and in any case he is on the phone with him quite a bit as well as the Pats owner, learning.

I ask you; did daddy John ever come close to this? Does it sound like Jed has his nose so high in the air he thinks he can do this alone? No, it don't

Not to mention Denise who hides in her box if a camera pans there during a game, she may be at..

These are good days now, with changes already going down and more to come, big ones too I might add..

We should be stoked.. I know trust is hard sometimes.. So far I like the directions. Me, I'm good to go an going to enjoy the ride, unless I see more of the same, and so far it's very different..

GO NINERS!!! Nice to say that again.......
Originally posted by nooj:
I've been saying it all season. It's a watershed moment for Jed York. If there's another era of losing (say maybe another decade or so) what are the consequences for Jed York? Maybe nothing?

This GM hire will the be the single most important move in Jed York's career. I can only equate the magnitude of this moment with the #1 overall selection of Alex Smith. That decision alone determined the last six years and will continue to affect us for several more years. I think this next move will be as important in scope and I'm praying that he makes the right hire.

word....although i cant stand the fact that possible repercussions for the yorks aside from monetary, will be minimal, while the entire fanbase are the ones truly in agony after going from glory to purgatory
to everyone on this thread making thier "case" for how terrible Jed York is and still constantly bashing him

he's officially been in control since 2008.
all your fact based comments bashing him with dates prior to that are irrelevant.
while he did whiff on the Sing hire many analysts around the league thought it was a good hire at the time as well. and it is obviously up for debate whether or not he handled this season good enough but the right things did happen, when the team was still alive for the playoffs(pathetic as is was) he didnt stir the team up by firing Sing. he waited like he should have until nothing more could happen for the good of the team and THEN fired him. and now that he is gone he is making the moves any other owner would do. Searching for the future GM who will hire the future HC who will Build the future Coaching staff.

it is up to them (not York) to bring in and maximize the talent out of the players.

Remember that no owner is perfect and while it seems like you could say the Pats, Colts etc.. owners are good/great they just happened to make a decision that worked out for the best.
So be a real fan, a FAITHFUL fan and instead of bashing your franchise root for them to make the right moves and cheer for your team year round and hope for the best because remember, that is literally all you can do that will have any effect.
Jed hasn't proven anything...he's a trust fund baby trying to get it right and i hope he does...but that doesn't mean he's immune to being called out. WTF is wrong with you people you like you have to protect from the big bad wolf....lol...after 8 seasonsnits show me don't tell me beeyatch!!!!!
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
He's young, so there's some jealousy and he's still a York, so there will be some criticism until the organization does turn it around.
What is funny is many on here don't know or care that Eddie D. Started out much the same young rich handed team by daddy and made some of the most moronic decisions ever. He learned from them moved on and turned the Niners into winners. So far Jed is 0 for 1 he seems to have learned from it is surrounding himself with valuable people and opinions (Eddie, The Krafts) from what I see he has thought about this fro sometime now and has a plan. He could still hire one of the big name candidates for GM and it could still be a flop that is just the way it is.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Complaining about him is kinda like slamming your dick in a window. You can do it all you want but it's not going to do much to help you.

this is a horrible comparison, you would slam your dick on a window in hopes of what? Show you can break glass with your dick?

Yep.
Why are people so passionate about protecting our young owner? Does he need protecting from those awful commoners who dare to question him?

He is just a lucky sperm that got an NFL team instead of maybe being a king or something. He seems to have no particular intelligence or insight, just another rich kid who keeps crashing his fast car with no consequences.

All we can do is question and criticize and hope he pays attention. Maybe our Prince is more accountable than King Davis across the bay and maybe he will pay attention to his Royal Advisor Eddie D.

The key is to keep the pressure up, not to just leave him alone with his Sgt. Slaughter comic books and a free and courageous press is the key to that, along with an informed fan base.
Agree...he's learned a lot the past two years. He'll be the first one to say that...but he regularly confides in Uncle Eddie D and is ready to really shake this franchise up. His plan to hire a new GM first is sound...get the guy who'll be calling the shots on board, then bring in the new head coach. He'll find a good veteran QB, not an aging McNabb, but a younger guy who the team can rally around. His new GM will draft a QB...someone they can develop, but not be thrust into the fire from the get-go, a la Alex. Give Jed a chance to do the right thing...and you just may be surprised at what he can get done.
Originally posted by carlgo:
Why are people so passionate about protecting our young owner? Does he need protecting from those awful commoners who dare to question him?

He is just a lucky sperm that got an NFL team instead of maybe being a king or something. He seems to have no particular intelligence or insight, just another rich kid who keeps crashing his fast car with no consequences.

All we can do is question and criticize and hope he pays attention. Maybe our Prince is more accountable than King Davis across the bay and maybe he will pay attention to his Royal Advisor Eddie D.

The key is to keep the pressure up, not to just leave him alone with his Sgt. Slaughter comic books and a free and courageous press is the key to that, along with an informed fan base.

Somebody not get held enough?
Aye Tulini!!!!!! Change thread title to the "Jed York Jumbo Jet" now please!!!!
He's done as much as he can do in the past 48 hours. You can argue that changes should have been made sooner, but you can't argue that what he's done since the Rams game ended has been promising. What else would you have liked him to do? Get caught tampering with top executives at other teams? Steal Harbaugh from Stanford already? Hire Gruden straight out of the booth? Make a snap hire to satisfy the fan-base?

I think we all need to wait. Nobody can make any judgment yet as we haven't seen who the GM/HC is. We can be optimistic though, this is the first time Jed has said these things and gone out looking specifically for an experienced football mind to help him run the operation. Even all of you who hate the Yorks have to admit that's what you've been telling them to do since they took over the Franchise.
I dont mind valid criticism but the blind complaining is what's annoying. For one, lets not act like anyone here has never made a mistake in their life. Speaking to Jed, of course hiring Singletary was a mistake, and he even admitted as much.

He now appears to have learned from that mistake, and is moving on (hopefully for the better). With that being said, how about giving him a chance rather than assuming (or in my mind, hoping) he fails just so you can feel like you were "right" about him all along?

How do you really know, based on the one hire he's made that he's going to consistently fail?

Hell, even Bob Kraft screwed up a hire before (Pete Carroll). It happens.

You live and you learn.

[ Edited by baltien on Dec 28, 2010 at 08:45:34 ]
nothing wrong with a little gay bashing.