There are 226 users in the forums

Greg Manusky Stay or Go

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by jimrat201:
You must like soft unimaginitive defenses

The Ninja package is unimaginitive? He basically invented the DL standing up and hovering around the LOS thing.

Playing Zone on everyplay is unimaginative....And have you ever heard of Dick LeBeau cuz he invented that

Playing zone against the Rams ragtag team of wr's isn't just unimaginative, it's just plain retarded. Our db's, while less than ideal, are better than their wide receivers.

Also, we should blitz Patrick Willis far more than we do. He is a liability in coverage, yet quite possibly the best pass rushing inside lb in the NFL. No your players dickholenusky.

P Willis does have 6 sacks this year and he does get sent on a blitz quite a bit. The rams wide receivers a young a fast....SPEED....think about it they were always getting open. Our CB's could not play bump or man casue they would run buy our DB's. I thought our D did pretty good vs the Rams. Lot of 3 and outs and then we did the same thing. One thing they have is a stud pass rusher young though but a stud in long.

As of now no one has really made a good point to get rid of Greg Manusky.
please go and go fast.
Im not that excited for the play calling and who is playing at any given time, but it's hard to say if it is Sing directive or Manusky. However, remember when Nolan was hear and they played a lot of big nickle as well as soft? Then Sing came over saying we will be more aggressive. We where and it worked. Than over time we got soft again. Maybe that is Manusky's style?

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 28, 2010 at 07:00:59 ]
Stay.

Our Defense kept us really crazily close to games in which we had no offense

WHATSOEVER.

That Clements going down instead of fumbling for the win is looking mighty fine right now.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Stay.

Our Defense kept us really crazily close to games in which we had no offense

WHATSOEVER.

That Clements going down instead of fumbling for the win is looking mighty fine right now.
Stay
Yep, some people still don't get it.
Ouchies, that still hurts.

[ Edited by Bryant4everYoung on Dec 27, 2010 at 21:42:10 ]
Walsh always said draft top athletes for the defense, and draft lesser athletes for the offense since he could teach them to execute his brilliant plans. But athletic ability was key on defense.

So, I ask: Are our problems due to scheme or players? Offense always look for a defense's weak spot and go after it. We do have a few weak sisters on defense. If one were to ask Manusky to candidly explain his failures (assuming he was administered a truth serum) he may say that he just didn't have the horses.

My opinion?

My opinion doesn't matter.
Go everyone from top to Bottom GOOOOO.
Originally posted by NinerD:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm not sure if you're watching the ATL v. NO game, but Atlanta's defense is mixing up coverages, faking blitzes, and causing confusion.

I feel like the only time we really did that was in Indy v. the Colts last year. I don't get where that type of defense went?

it was unfair to peyton manning so the league called and said we were no longer allowed to use this defense.

Ha!

I'd prefer a fresh start with new coordinators on both sides of the ball.

I'm not really sure about Manusky because I don't know if he has been running the defense his way or Sings way. The run defense by the d-line is Tomsula and I would keep him but the defense as a whole plays too soft. Some DC are going with pressure with the front four instead of the blitz because QB like manning, Brees and Rodgers will burn you if you blitz them. So I think they should look at beefing up the d-line on the outside because Lawson and Haralson are not getting it done.

Of course it is up to the new HC, but I'm ok with him if there is no better option. The issue is, we know there are better options. Wade Phillips for one is out there. And we may not ever have to worry about him being hired for another HC position.
Bring in Wade Phillips. Great defensive mind and will never get another shot at a head coaching gig.
Originally posted by backontop:
please go and go fast.
Wade Phillips tons of experience. Very good DC. Been just about everywhere. Seen and defended all types of offenses. Get him quick. Whoever the offensive HC maybe, he's going to need someone like Wade for stability on the defense.

Similar to what Greenbay did last year with Dom Capers. He contributed to the success they have this year.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Bring in Wade Phillips. Great defensive mind and will never get another shot at a head coaching gig.

Exactly, if he's interested I'd rather have the Master rather than the Disciple.
Share 49ersWebzone