LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Is frank gore done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
I wish LaGarrent and Singleidiot could have worked 2gether, even though he is a head case, he been running great

It had nothing to do with Singletary. We were stacked at RB at the time. Blount new he wouldn't start or see much of the field so he went somewhere he felt he would have a better chance.
Sorry fellas. Anyone who has a pair of eyes can tell Gore isn't running as well as he was in 2007 & 8. Forget about the dumb game plans. The guy just doesn't break tackles like he use to. When's the last time you saw him break a screen pass for significant yards? He doesn't get away from a CB, LB or DL. He has great vision, but his strength is failing.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Sorry fellas. Anyone who has a pair of eyes can tell Gore isn't running as well as he was in 2007 & 8. Forget about the dumb game plans. The guy just doesn't break tackles like he use to. When's the last time you saw him break a screen pass for significant yards? He doesn't get away from a CB, LB or DL. He has great vision, but his strength is failing.

You forget our Oline has gotten s**ttier every year since then. It does have an effect on how your RB does.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Originally posted by jrg:

what the hell is wrong w/ you guys? ive never seen so much stupidity in my entire life until i came to niner talk.

TRADE FRANK GORE 4 FIRST OVERALL PICK. THEN TRADE ALEX SMITH 4 CHAMP BAYLEY N ELVIS DUMBERVILLE. YOUR A IDIOT!!!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

You forget our Oline has gotten s**ttier every year since then. It does have an effect on how your RB does.

your logical thinking is not wanted here. This is a place for irrational b***hing and complaining.
was the pope a hitler youth?
Originally posted by backontop:

your logical thinking is not wanted here. This is a place for irrational b***hing and complaining.

I'm not really sure what part of my post you guys didn't understand? I specifically used screen passes as an example, because it take the Oline out of the equation for the most part. I also cited how he doesn't get away from LBs and CBs (2nd&3rd level guys) like he use to. I know Frank's been one of the only players we could hang our hat on for years, but thos days are pretty close to over.

P.S. I get it. Saying anything negative about Gore is akin to insulting a family member. Most of you Im sure would hold on to him long past his useful shelf life.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Dec 28, 2010 at 06:59:06 ]
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I read somewhere that his injury isn't gonna require surgery, so I'd say no he isn't. With that said, I'm not really sold on Dixon either, dances around like Barlow.

Cut the rookie some slack.

The o-line blocking was horrendous this year. I would say the worst o-line play since the 2004 season.

That is really something considering we spent 2 first round picks on the O-Line.

what the hell is wrong w/ you guys? ive never seen so much stupidity in my entire life until i came to niner talk.

TRADE FRANK GORE 4 FIRST OVERALL PICK. THEN TRADE ALEX SMITH 4 CHAMP BAYLEY N ELVIS DUMBERVILLE. YOUR A IDIOT!!!

OK 1st if you think these moves are possible before you call someone an idiot....think twice...1 WHY would the Panthers go for Gore? Especially since they need a QB so bad...2 How o the Niners trade A Smith when he's a FA He's NOT getting resigned so you cant trade him...and do you think the Bronco's would go fo such a dumb deal? Besides I believe C Bailey is also a FA again THINK before you post or call someone an IDIOT
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SashRoxx-1:

OK 1st if you think these moves are possible before you call someone an idiot....think twice...1 WHY would the Panthers go for Gore? Especially since they need a QB so bad...2 How o the Niners trade A Smith when he's a FA He's NOT getting resigned so you cant trade him...and do you think the Bronco's would go fo such a dumb deal? Besides I believe C Bailey is also a FA again THINK before you post or call someone an IDIOT

I'd also trade Willis to the cowboys cause he's a cowboys fan

Done? No way is he done. Done playing here? Completely up to him.

Frank doesn't have a lot of years left, and by the looks of it he may have to endure 9er rebuild #2...or is it #3? If he wants to stay and help bring this club back up to where it belongs, then god bless him. The guy has a huge heart and has been one of my all-time favs, but if he wanted to go to another team to try and win a championship, then I think the organization owes him that much. Tough thing is, we're not going to get anywhere near a fair return on him, especially with this latest injury added to the list. Frank's got some seriously hard miles on em and if we got a 3rd rounder back for em, I'd be shocked. I'd expect a 4th or maybe even a 5th knowing how trades often wind up being complete ass raping's in the NFL...bunch of f**kin chicken hawks that they are.

We'll see what happens in the off-season. It's waaaay premature to say he's done one way or the other. I hope he stays.
Originally posted by JoeMontana:
I read somewhere that his injury isn't gonna require surgery, so I'd say no he isn't. With that said, I'm not really sold on Dixon either, dances around like Barlow.

The o-line blocking was horrendous this year. I would say the worst o-line play since the 2004 season.

That is really something considering we spent 2 first round picks on the O-Line.

And they are still rookies.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

I'm not really sure what part of my post you guys didn't understand? I specifically used screen passes as an example, because it take the Oline out of the equation for the most part. I also cited how he doesn't get away from LBs and CBs (2nd&3rd level guys) like he use to. I know Frank's been one of the only players we could hang our hat on for years, but thos days are pretty close to over.

P.S. I get it. Saying anything negative about Gore is akin to insulting a family member. Most of you Im sure would hold on to him long past his useful shelf life.

I have a pair of eyes. I use them.

Maybe you should try using yours.

Really, Oakland... you forgot this play?

Are you really from Oakland?

Just because we're on the topic of Oakland.

Jerry Rice has eyes.

Was that a broken tackle to get the clutch TD?

Don't say mean things about Gore.

You'll make me cry.

Honestly, I think Gore is fine. He can still break tackles, he still has a burst, he still has leg drive to carry defenders an extra couple yards. Well, he did before the broken hip, we'll see how he looks next season. I'm not too worried about it, he should be all healed up in a couple weeks and running normally.

If I'm wrong, I'll be sad. I'll get over it. We've all seen our favorite players come and go. It's a part of the game. Just don't count a guy out before he's done. Gore didn't look done to me.

Yes, I'm a fanboy... many people are fanboys of Gore. I was a fanboy from his first preseason game. I was arguing with people that he should have been starting over Barlow his rookie year... during preseason. Everyone thought I was nuts. So I get that you feel like we aren't being objective. Well, I was objective in 2005 and I'm objective now, even if I am a fanboy. I look at statistics and subjective visual analysis. So don't tell me that I'd put Gore before the team. I wouldn't.

As a matter of fact, I think he must have his carries reduced next season. Not only for his health (especially the nature of a hip injury), but because we need to start grooming replacements. I'm not an idiot, Gore won't last forever. He can still be a weapon for us over the next few years, though. We just have to use him right... unlike this year.

Also, the reason you get negative replies to your post is the tone you used. "Anyone with eyes" is an instant ego challenge to anyone with an opposing view. You're calling people out and saying they are blind if they can't see it. It's fine if you express your opinions, I can respect that. Just realize that it is an opinion and that starting a post in the combative manner you did is what brought on the defensive responses... not because "Saying anything negative about Gore is akin to insulting a family member."

At this point, we're in wait and see mode... for pretty much everything about the team. Gore is just another on a long list of question marks right now. Personally, I think he'll be fine... we'll just have to wait and see.

P.S. I like it when people question things that others take for granted. So, it actually makes me have more respect for you that you posted your opinion on this. You're a smart guy and one of the better posters on the forum. Keep it up.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by JoeMontana:

And they are still rookies.

Yep... playing next to back-ups and our beloved Chilo Rachal for a large part of the season. It's especially important to remember that Heitmann was the veteran signal caller on the line. Whether he is a better blocker than Baas is up for debate, but there's no doubt in my mind that he is better at calling out the protections.

Add in the fact that our offense was incredibly predictable... y'know, multiple defenses saying after the game that they knew what plays were coming... and you have a recipe for disaster.

I mean... I don't know if you guys remember, but we called the same run play... literally the same run play... so often that teams would be fooled if we pulled Iupati and didn't run "Power O".

OMG! I just remembered that we fired Singletary!
GTFO with this BS!
Share 49ersWebzone