There are 215 users in the forums

Is frank gore done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Obviously we have more pressing issues, but do you think Frank Gore will be able to remain as our feature full time back? He runs hard but continues to have health issues, and he will be 28 next season.

I personally think we need to draft a speedster, even late in the draft, so we can have a dual threat.

Thoughts?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Just move Alex Smith to RB after we resign him.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Just move Alex Smith to RB after we resign him.
if he is u can thank Dingleberry for overusing him
If possible, package Gore with our first round and maybe another pick and move up to get Andrew Luck!
He's far from done, he was having a great season before being injured. The problem is we wouldn't spell him and use the other weapons we already had (Westbrook, or even Dixon who's looked good in spots). If we did that once in a while, Gore's durability probably wouldn't be so much a concern.

WIth that said, I'm all for looking for a speedster in the draft or f/a - is Lonyae Miller still on the Cowboys practice squad, I was dying to pick him up this offseason but haven't heard anything on him since the preseason. He's got speed, and if he's on Dallas' practice squad it's because they've already got three good backs on the team. Worth a look in any case...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

He had more touches in previous seasons than he had this year.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:

He had more touches in previous seasons than he had this year.

Exactly. Fine if you hate Sing, but Frank's been the workhorse for years, not just this year.
YES. He is completely done with playing behind a mediocre O-line and garbage for QB's.

The new HC will make Frank better than he ever was!
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
If possible, package Gore with our first round and maybe another pick and move up to get Andrew Luck!

I don't think Gore will have a ton of trade value at this point. He only has one year left on his contract and he's coming off a fractured hip.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I read somewhere that his injury isn't gonna require surgery, so I'd say no he isn't. With that said, I'm not really sold on Dixon either, dances around like Barlow.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

I don't think Gore will have a ton of trade value at this point. He only has one year left on his contract and he's coming off a fractured hip.

He's worth a clean-cut 3rd round pick (we could get back what we drafted him for).
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I read somewhere that his injury isn't gonna require surgery, so I'd say no he isn't. With that said, I'm not really sold on Dixon either, dances around like Barlow.

Yikes, Barlow comparison. I think Dixon would be okay, but wouldn't mind a speedier change of pace guy to compliment Gore. With that said Gore isn't done, he uust needs an occasional breather which Westbrook could have provided if allowed this season.
He's got 1-3 more seasons IMO.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Cut the rookie some slack.

The o-line blocking was horrendous this year. I would say the worst o-line play since the 2004 season.
Share 49ersWebzone