LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Streaming today's press conference?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
ESPN insider says 9ers target Harbaugh but will look at Lombardi for GM, he has a relationship with Harbaugh which might help bring him here.

from the presser, Jed's main thing is that the GM and HC are on the same page together..get along together..Kick Cans and Hold Hands Together..

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by lamontb:
slow down folks of course he's gonna say that b/c it deflects from how crappy the team currently is. it's marketing trick 101. get hype when we see some results

Hush, we've got nothing else right now. Let us have this one.

If we get let down, we get let down.

It sounds like he's got the right answers, now all he has to do is walk the walk.

Yah let us enjoy this before you rain on our parade.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
ESPN insider says 9ers target Harbaugh but will look at Lombardi for GM, he has a relationship with Harbaugh which might help bring him here.

from the presser, Jed's main thing is that the GM and HC are on the same page together..get along together..Kick Cans and Hold Hands Together..

and gang bang breezy's all day
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Ajanke:

and gang bang breezy's all day

most defintely!
I liked Jed's composure and confidence in the podium. I hope he can follow through with all of this talk since you will likely hear writers, fans, etc. claiming the Niners are headed in the right direction.

If he follows through wit hthe message he sent during the press conference, we could be in for a very successful future, whether it be 2011 or 2012
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

This is how it should be.

President (Owner much of the time)

General Manager

Head Coach

Power structure.

They all have to work together as a team and not have ego battles like we've seen other places.... That never goes well.

Really sounds like he listened to Eddie.

Didn't Lombardi have a beef with the Niners?
Originally posted by pelos21:

He had beef with the Raiders.

On the NFL Network he always talks good about the niners, but that was the niners of the old.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Lombardi, actually worked for the 49ers..I don't know the exact time line, but when I did a google search, it said he worked for the Eagles, Broncos, and of course the Raiders

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I liked Jed's composure and confidence in the podium. I hope he can follow through with all of this talk since you will likely hear writers, fans, etc. claiming the Niners are headed in the right direction.

If he follows through wit hthe message he sent during the press conference, we could be in for a very successful future, whether it be 2011 or 2012

I'm looking far beyond just the next two years on this move. Eddie is giving Jed advice right now, but if Jed hires a GM with a lot of experience, you know they will be working together... the GM still needs to get the thumbs up to spend the cash. That tells me that Jed is going to have a guy by his side teaching him the intricacies of the NFL.

Eddie can't live forever... sadly. However, Jed is very young and is obviously willing to learn... he's passionate and WANTS to learn and do things right. If we get a GM that he's talking to every day that teaches Jed York enough that Jed York becomes a "Football Guy", we're set for life. He's going to inherit the team. His children will inherit from him.

Thank you Eddie. You might have just saved our team.

Everyone pray to the Football Gods that we get the right GM.
Originally posted by susweel:
slow down folks of course he's gonna say that b/c it deflects from how crappy the team currently is. it's marketing trick 101. get hype when we see some results

It sounds like he's got the right answers, now all he has to do is walk the walk.

my bad no rain today
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Lombardi, actually worked for the 49ers..I don't know the exact time line, but when I did a google search, it said he worked for the Eagles, Broncos, and of course the Raiders

He was a low man on the chain while Walsh was here, I believe.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

my bad no rain today

::hug::

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

He was a low man on the chain while Walsh was here, I believe.

Yah he was the guy who was in-charge of fitting the jock straps.
Share 49ersWebzone