• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
ESPN insider says 9ers target Harbaugh but will look at Lombardi for GM, he has a relationship with Harbaugh which might help bring him here.

from the presser, Jed's main thing is that the GM and HC are on the same page together..get along together..Kick Cans and Hold Hands Together..

Didn't Lombardi have a beef with the Niners?

He had beef with the Raiders.

Lombardi, actually worked for the 49ers..I don't know the exact time line, but when I did a google search, it said he worked for the Eagles, Broncos, and of course the Raiders

He was a low man on the chain while Walsh was here, I believe.

Just came across this one about Lombardi..

Quote:
Michael Lombardi has been an NFL executive for over 20 years, working for Bill Walsh, Marty Schottenheimer, Ernie Accorsi, Bill Belichick, Jon Gruden, Bill Callahan, Norv Turner and Mike Shanahan.

Look at those names..in Oakland, we all know Al Davis had the final word..but look at those people he's worked with
They interviewed Ricky Jean-Francois on Comcastsportsnet, one reporter asked "What's the mood around the locker room?" he answered, "Shocked, everyone's quiet but were just thinking about the Cardinals game".
Originally posted by SJniner7:
I liked Jed's composure and confidence in the podium. I hope he can follow through with all of this talk since you will likely hear writers, fans, etc. claiming the Niners are headed in the right direction.

If he follows through wit hthe message he sent during the press conference, we could be in for a very successful future, whether it be 2011 or 2012

I'm looking far beyond just the next two years on this move. Eddie is giving Jed advice right now, but if Jed hires a GM with a lot of experience, you know they will be working together... the GM still needs to get the thumbs up to spend the cash. That tells me that Jed is going to have a guy by his side teaching him the intricacies of the NFL.

Eddie can't live forever... sadly. However, Jed is very young and is obviously willing to learn... he's passionate and WANTS to learn and do things right. If we get a GM that he's talking to every day that teaches Jed York enough that Jed York becomes a "Football Guy", we're set for life. He's going to inherit the team. His children will inherit from him.

Thank you Eddie. You might have just saved our team.

Everyone pray to the Football Gods that we get the right GM.

It seemed to me that in his KNBR interview he was hurt by what has happened to the 49ers. Good to see him have a say in whats going on and he seems to be grooming Jed to be a successful owner. We can only hope...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Yah he was the guy who was in-charge of fitting the jock straps.

If Walsh was in the same room even once while he was doing it, that's a positive.

I'm not really a big fan, though. He was really basically Al Davis' "Yes Man" for a decade. He's got to be a bitter SOB.

Still, there's football history there, rivals or not. He had to have learned something.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
They interviewed Ricky Jean-Francois on Comcastsportsnet, one reporter asked "What's the mood around the locker room?" he answered, "Shocked, everyone's quiet but were just thinking about the Cardinals game".

Really ?????????
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

It'll be quiet for a bit from the shock. Tomsula will get them fired up, though. Guy knows how to coach.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by foreign49er:
I liked Jed's composure and confidence in the podium. I hope he can follow through with all of this talk since you will likely hear writers, fans, etc. claiming the Niners are headed in the right direction.

If he follows through wit hthe message he sent during the press conference, we could be in for a very successful future, whether it be 2011 or 2012

I'm looking far beyond just the next two years on this move. Eddie is giving Jed advice right now, but if Jed hires a GM with a lot of experience, you know they will be working together... the GM still needs to get the thumbs up to spend the cash. That tells me that Jed is going to have a guy by his side teaching him the intricacies of the NFL.

Eddie can't live forever... sadly. However, Jed is very young and is obviously willing to learn... he's passionate and WANTS to learn and do things right. If we get a GM that he's talking to every day that teaches Jed York enough that Jed York becomes a "Football Guy", we're set for life. He's going to inherit the team. His children will inherit from him.

It seemed to me that in his KNBR interview he was hurt by what has happened to the 49ers. Good to see him have a say in whats going on and he seems to be grooming Jed to be a successful owner. We can only hope...

I really get the impression that Eddie is making sure that this thing gets fixed... and permanently. He's not being a passive mentor.

I almost feel like he's dragging Jed around and making him rub some elbows, then sitting him in a school desk in front of a chalkboard and teaching him ownership 101.

First lesson:

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!
For some reason I really feel the TUNA might be comming to the Bay.
[img=]

Really ?????????

That's what happens when your head man is all about relationships instead of coaching. I'm not trying to be rude, but part of Singletary's style was creating a family atmosphere. I mean think about Vernon talking about him as the dad he never had and so on...at least the off season is a week away and they can start fresh whenever the lockout threat is over.
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Really ?????????

That's what happens when your head man is all about relationships instead of coaching. I'm not trying to be rude, but part of Singletary's style was creating a family atmosphere. I mean think about Vernon talking about him as the dad he never had and so on...at least the off season is a week away and they can start fresh whenever the lockout threat is over.

They'll get over it when they get a coach that helps them win

Originally posted by foreign49er:

I really get the impression that Eddie is making sure that this thing gets fixed... and permanently. He's not being a passive mentor.

I almost feel like he's dragging Jed around and making him rub some elbows, then sitting him in a school desk in front of a chalkboard and teaching him ownership 101.

First lesson:

HIRE A GENERAL MANAGER!

Yeah me too, I really like what I'm hearing from both of them.

Now let's see Jed walk the walk like we've both been waiting for.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by global_nomad:

Really ?????????

They'll get over it when they get a coach that helps them win

exactly
you guys bash jed for no reason. it's not his fault his dad's the biggest douche in the nfl. he's done a lot since he's been made team president. his only mistake was promoting sing even though we all loved him at the time.
Reporter: "Will your mom & dad be present during the GM interviews?"

Jed: "No, like I said before, just 'me'."

Jed also mentioned that the Kraft family & his Uncle Eddie will have some heavy involvement in the influence of the GM hiring (in which he closed the argument with "you guys put some conclusions/names together...").

So that possibly narrows it down to either Michael Lombardi, or Floyd Reese.
Originally posted by YungAce:
you guys bash jed for no reason. it's not his fault his dad's the biggest douche in the nfl. he's done a lot since he's been made team president. his only mistake was promoting sing even though we all loved him at the time.

I didn't love Sing at the time.

Share 49ersWebzone