There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Now that the season is over. . .

Now that the season is over and Sing has been handed his walking papers, whats our next move? Besides the 2 big names that everyone keep throwing around for our new HC what are some of our other options?

Anyone like the idea of bringing back Mooch? Or try getting Jimmy Johnson out of retirement (Although I honestly think that Johnson is happy in the booth).

What do you guys think will happen to Gore once the new HC is on, (He does have a broke hip you know).

I know most want Clements gone, although I like him still. I personally want Josh Morgan underachieving a** gone along with the 3 current QBs.

Anyone want to admit they miss Martz now. . . .
the tostitos hot salsa is way too hot for the inside of my mouth
fuzzy kitties are fun to throw at velcro walls.
I'm pretty sure every single topic of the many you just tried to raise is already going in another thread. Some of them have multiple threads.

Oh, yeah. The season isn't over. It's still week 16.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Dec 27, 2010 at 01:48:24 ]
I had nachos and sour cream for lunch
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I had nachos and sour cream for lunch

thats not a healthy lunch choice
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
We need a corner asap Nate sucks ass and plays way too soft. Gore should be kept. Im down for mooch, Harbaugh, Gruden or any other offensive minded coach. We need to work on o line too and they need to study and work their asses off.
Originally posted by Axl49:
We need a corner asap Nate sucks ass and plays way too soft. Gore should be kept. Im down for mooch, Harbaugh, Gruden or any other offensive minded coach. We need to work on o line too and they need to study and work their asses off.

yes we should keep gore
We are 3 players away..
1. QB (should pull a trade for Kolb or Vick, Mc Nabb wants out of Washington, but not too sure thats the right move, a rookie would set the team back 1-2 years unless we draft someone like Matt Ryan who can make immediate impact)
2. SHUT DOWN CORNER
3. PASS RUSHER (go directly to free agency here and do what Chicago did last off season with Peppers)

Id like to see Clements gone, but what if he moves to Safety spot.. I remember Rod Woodson with us was a real bad corner, but when he played Safety in Baltimore and Oakland, he was good
Originally posted by kazak13:
We are 3 players away..
1. QB (should pull a trade for Kolb or Vick, Mc Nabb wants out of Washington, but not too sure thats the right move, a rookie would set the team back 1-2 years unless we draft someone like Matt Ryan who can make immediate impact)
2. SHUT DOWN CORNER
3. PASS RUSHER (go directly to free agency here and do what Chicago did last off season with Peppers)

Id like to see Clements gone, but what if he moves to Safety spot.. I remember Rod Woodson with us was a real bad corner, but when he played Safety in Baltimore and Oakland, he was good

I think half the teams in the league are those 3 players away.
I saw an interesting suggestion in another thread.

It was to trade Gore along with our #1 pick and perhaps another (2d or 3d) pick for the rights to Luck (assuming he declares).

If it meant getting a franchise quarterback, I think trading Gore would be a good thing.

But only if it meant getting Luck!
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

It was to trade Gore along with our #1 pick and perhaps another (2d or 3d) pick for the rights to Luck (assuming he declares).

If it meant getting a franchise quarterback, I think trading Gore would be a good thing.

Westbrook and Dixon filled in For Gore rather nicely. I would trade Gore away if it meant we could improve the team in the longrun. I don't see Carolina needing another RB though.
And what if he is the next Alex Smith.. there is no guarantee.. we need a proven QB.. when SD had Rivers and Brees, one had to go.. now Vick or Kolb gotta go.. thats the only move that makes sense.. Id trade 2 1st rounders for a QB who can come in and have IMMEDIATE impact!

Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

• mod
  • Veteran
ok, first things first...

I really doubt Mooch, Johnson or any other old time HC will be considered for a job... but thats not for us or the Yorks to decide we'll see who this mystery GM will pick.

2nd Gore isnt going anywhere, my hopes is that this new coach will understand how to properly utilize all of our weapons.

3rd, I agree about Clements, overrated yes, undervalued possibly... people dont know what they've got till its gone. We dont have a proper fill in unless we draft Amukamara (sp?) or Peterson so until then he's sticking around. I dont think he's bad, but definitely not worth what he's getting paid for.

4th, I disagree about Morgan, until yesterday he was #2 in receiving yards behind Davis. not bad considering he is considered the #2 WR and the #3 receiver on the team. he should finish the season close to 700 yards which is a nice improvement from last year. If anybody is under performing its Crabtree and Ted Ginn... although I hope its just a sophomore slump for crabs
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home