LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 164 users in the forums

49ers have dumb talent.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Adman
  • Veteran
The biggest issue with the 49ers roster is that it is filled with a bunch of talented players who just play dumb. They make stupid penalties all the time.

Nate Clements is a decent corner but he is DUMB! The pass interference penalty today on a ball that we clearly were going to intercept. Turn your head around you idiot!!! The game clinching interception in Atlanta that he fumbled right back to Atlanta so they could drive down the field for the game winning field goal.

Josh Morgan before the last few games has played dumb!!! Costly fumbles, not catching balls.

Ted Ginn not going out of bounds at the end of the game today. Wasting precious time.

Bad snaps, bad kicks, penalties that no other team gets except for the Niners.

Just DUMB!!!
Originally posted by Adman:
The biggest issue with the 49ers roster is that it is filled with a bunch of talented players who just play dumb. They make stupid penalties all the time.

Nate Clements is a decent corner but he is DUMB! The pass interference penalty today on a ball that we clearly were going to intercept. Turn your head around you idiot!!! The game clinching interception in Atlanta that he fumbled right back to Atlanta so they could drive down the field for the game winning field goal.

Josh Morgan before the last few games has played dumb!!! Costly fumbles, not catching balls.

Ted Ginn not going out of bounds at the end of the game today. Wasting precious time.

Just DUMB!!!

It's coaching, Period.
yeah when you have dumb talent and even dumber coaching it's gonna be fail, fail, fail
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Adman:

Just DUMB!!!

It's coaching, Period.

yes and we send some talent packing Jason Hill 4- 77 yards today. Kentwann Balmer making an impact in Seattle, Micheal Spurlock in Tampa, and the list goes on.
i cant believe we gave Clements 80 mil. he sucks so bad.

how many big plays has he blown for us? plays like today where he didnt bother to turn his head. he knew he had a S in position to make the pick, or at least bat it down, and he just comes flying in and crashes into the WR. totally unnecessary. a mistake a rookie would make. come on. it changed the momentum for the game.

and then obviously against ATL. he picks the ball off to seal the win, and hes dancing around in the tacklers trying to score, doesnt protect the football at all while Roddy White chases him down and swats the ball right out. that was a win that he literally cost us himself. out of pure idiocy.

same thing like last season with Dre Bly high-stepping at the 50 yd line and having the ball punched out. correct me if im wrong, but wasnt that against those same Falcons, and wasnt it Roddy White who punched it out again?

i cant understand why professionals make these mistakes. all theyve done their whole lives was play football. how do you make those mental mistakes? how dumb are you? you can criticize coaching for discipline, but if a long time veteran CB doesnt have the common sense to protect the football and know the situation, he isnt going to change. we need to shed our team of all the players who make dumb mistakes. Ted Ginn not getting out of bound immediately after the catch to end the game today is completely inexcusable. how do you not know the situation???

this team....ugh.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 26, 2010 at 15:01:51 ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
we'll tade Clements this offseason -- every position group is going to be overhauled. For the better we won't recognize this franchise next year.

QB: all gone, maybe Davis will have a shot at the roster or be cut loose
RB: Big name's are on the FA market this offseason, Westbrook had a 1 year deal and don't hate but the GM might not keep Dixon.
OT: Davis needs to learn how to block speed rushers or moved to guard. We need a center this year. Heitmann will be back but we need a backup.
WR: Crabtree is in my opinion the only safe player here. Ginn is useful on special teams but every other WR could be gone.
TE: This position probably won't be messed with unless we switch to a 2 TE type offense and go after someone like Mercedes Lewis in FA
Defense
front 7
It depends on the scheme we have next year. but we need to evaluate the entire front 7 minus Justin Smith and Willis.
secondary
Clements is gone and we will definitely be upgrading here. Goldson hasn't earned the big deal he wanted. Mays has done fairly well for a rookie.

Thankfully our coaching staff will be completely different and hopefully be competent enough to put this team in the right direction.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
yes and we send some talent packing Jason Hill 4- 77 yards today. Kentwann Balmer making an impact in Seattle, Micheal Spurlock in Tampa, and the list goes on.

this team needs to fire Jerry Sullivan as WR coach--should have 2 years ago.
Originally posted by Niners99:

how many big plays has he blown for us? plays like today where he didnt bother to turn his head. he knew he had a S in position to make the pick, or at least bat it down, and he just comes flying in and crashes into the WR. totally unnecessary. a mistake a rookie would make. come on. it changed the momentum for the game.

and then obviously against ATL. he picks the ball off to seal the win, and hes dancing around in the tacklers trying to score, doesnt protect the football at all while Roddy White chases him down and swats the ball right out. that was a win that he literally cost us himself. out of pure idiocy.

same thing like last season with Dre Bly high-stepping at the 50 yd line and having the ball punched out. correct me if im wrong, but wasnt that against those same Falcons, and wasnt it Roddy White who punched it out again?

i cant understand why professionals make these mistakes. all theyve done their whole lives was play football. how do you make those mental mistakes? how dumb are you? you can criticize coaching for discipline, but if a long time veteran CB doesnt have the common sense to protect the football and know the situation, he isnt going to change. we need to shed our team of all the players who make dumb mistakes. Ted Ginn not getting out of bound immediately after the catch to end the game today is completely inexcusable. how do you not know the situation???

this team....ugh.

Ok I have really had enough of this stupid hate towards Clements. 1 - We gave Clements 80 million, why? Because he was the BEST available at the time, and we had to overpay a bit because the team sucks. Would you have preferred they signed someone else? Maybe had a 6th round pick start instead? No - then you just would have bit@#ed that the 49ers don't spend money on players.

As to the "Clements single handedly cost us that Atlanta game"...really? Well if he doesn't make that INT, then Atlanta still has the ball anyway. So he didn't cost us the game, he just didn't save us the game like it looked like he was going to. You blame a 49ers defender for trying to do something with the ball - first off, it's called instinct. Secondly, HAVE YOU SEEN THE 49ERS OFFENSE?? yes all they had to do was kneel down, but when you're a defender that has played a TON of minutes because your offense has been pathetic the last couple of YEARS - you feel like you need to do something when the opportunity presents itself.

Good TEAMS don't put themselves into a position where one mistake by one player will cost them the win.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Don't forget about Bear in NY he is doing good.......man we are dumb.

Coaching...we need it.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by Niners99:

this team....ugh.

Ok I have really had enough of this stupid hate towards Clements. 1 - We gave Clements 80 million, why? Because he was the BEST available at the time, and we had to overpay a bit because the team sucks. Would you have preferred they signed someone else? Maybe had a 6th round pick start instead? No - then you just would have bit@#ed that the 49ers don't spend money on players.

As to the "Clements single handedly cost us that Atlanta game"...really? Well if he doesn't make that INT, then Atlanta still has the ball anyway. So he didn't cost us the game, he just didn't save us the game like it looked like he was going to. You blame a 49ers defender for trying to do something with the ball - first off, it's called instinct. Secondly, HAVE YOU SEEN THE 49ERS OFFENSE?? yes all they had to do was kneel down, but when you're a defender that has played a TON of minutes because your offense has been pathetic the last couple of YEARS - you feel like you need to do something when the opportunity presents itself.

Good TEAMS don't put themselves into a position where one mistake by one player will cost them the win.

Well, you may have had enough of the talk but anytime you pay a man that much money, he has to play to that standard or be called out. He plays great run support and covers well on 80 percent of the plays but he gets beat quite a bit and gives up the big play way too oftern for his status on our team. Sorry, but he did cost us the Atlanta game, we win if he just falls down.

I do agree that we win and lose as a team and that one player is not responsible for wins/loses. Like the original post stated, we have way too many players making stupid penalties and or plays within a given game, which all contribute to our problems. We are not coached well enough and our players are not talented enough to overcome these self inflicted wounds.

Here's hoping that a new GM, HC and coordinators bring a new attitude and sense of purpose to this team. Its been hard to watch this team play like this all year and glad that changes are coming@
Delaine Walker makes dumb plays as well.
I saw the thread title and couldn't agree more....we have dumb players and dumb coaches playing caveman football.

this very point has been my biggest issue with the niners under singsing. we come out and pound our chest and play 'me try hit hard' football but when it fails, we scratch our heads like the dumbsh**s we are and never even remotely look like we have the first clue on what to do. Alot of that is coaching but you can not blame it all on coaching, players have a hand in that too. The way clements played that p.i. play, just unbelievable.
Good coaching would make these players look a hell of a lot smarter, IMO. Hope we get to find out...
Share 49ersWebzone