There are 150 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Don't Blame Jed, Blame Bill Polian

Jed tried to bring in Chris Polian (son of legendary Colts GM Bill Polian and current GM/Head of football operations) but old man Polian blocked the 49ers, Falcons, and Chiefs from interviewing Chris at the end of the 2008 season. Polian is a master in the NFL Draft and knows how to build a franchise. Keep in mind Chris and Bill were cogs for an expansion Panthers team that went to the NFC championship just two years into the league. And of course they have built the current Colts franchise. Even is Sing is the coach, I'm sure Polian brings in his own OC/DC and we don't have to deal with dupes like Jimmy Raye. We also would have not spent two picks on linemen in the first round because Polian could have found a lineman better than Davis in late rounds.
A son and a father are not equally good at things. See: Nate Montana
i can't believe jimmy raye was our OC... WTF lol
Originally posted by aman49:

See: Jim Mora, Jr
Chris Polian has been running the Colts for a while now. His old man has been doing other work in football. Like trying to establish a council with ncaa and NFL to punish players who pay to play on the NFL as well as ncaa. Chris is no rookie he has worked his way up from being a scout with the bills in the 1990s as well as the expansion panthers. He has been with the Colts since like 2001 being groomed and has been in control since 08. Far from Nate Montana or JMJ. Do you reasearch first before you comment. Guys more Peyton Manning than anything.
WTF is this thread about, anyway? We suck because another guy was smart enough to keep talent in his organization? Blame him because we suck?

WTF?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
WTF is this thread about, anyway? We suck because another guy was smart enough to keep talent in his organization? Blame him because we suck?

WTF?

It's a joke. I'm just saying Jed has TRIED to get a real gm with credibility but most plans feel through. This was one example.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

See Kyle Shanahan
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

See Kyle Shanahan

See Rex Ryan..oh wait
Originally posted by YungAce:
i can't believe jimmy raye was our OC... WTF lol
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

See Kyle Shanahan

Or Lane Kiffen
What a joke. blaming Bill Polian for the Niner Woes is ridiculous. THe question you have to ask yourself, is who made the decisions to bring in Terry Donahue, Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan and yes, Mike Singletary? That had nothing to do with the Polians. Until you fix the management structure and take the Dorks out of the equation, you are doomed to more of the same. Do you really believe that the Yorks have the capacity to bring in someone who knows football and build a winner? They havent shown the ability to do that.
Originally posted by Ninerswin49:
What a joke. blaming Bill Polian for the Niner Woes is ridiculous. THe question you have to ask yourself, is who made the decisions to bring in Terry Donahue, Dennis Erickson, Mike Nolan and yes, Mike Singletary? That had nothing to do with the Polians. Until you fix the management structure and take the Dorks out of the equation, you are doomed to more of the same. Do you really believe that the Yorks have the capacity to bring in someone who knows football and build a winner? They havent shown the ability to do that.

well besides keeping singletary this year, hopefully young jed is a little clone of uncle Eddie and makes 1979 type moves. hence, find his WALSH!
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Polian is a master in the NFL Draft and knows how to build a franchise.

Polian is an over rated GM IMO. I mean look at the Colts team. He got lucky with getting the #1 pick and got Manning. That was a no brainer. Yes, he's drafted great offensively but his defense has always been horrible. Yet, he does nothing to make his defense better. With Peyton Manning, you don't need to keep putting high first round picks around him. Peyton makes everyone better (see Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Tamme, etc). They barely run the ball yet the spend a 1st on Addai and Brown?

I give him full credit for putting a winning team year in and year out. But with arguably the best QB in the league, they have only one 1 SuperBowl and Polian is at fault for some of that for not building the defense to take the burden off of Manning.

[ Edited by Amir_Mamu on Dec 27, 2010 at 08:15:56 ]
Originally posted by Amir_Mamu:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Polian is a master in the NFL Draft and knows how to build a franchise.

Polian is an over rated GM IMO. I mean look at the Colts team. He got lucky with getting the #1 pick and got Manning. That was a no brainer. Yes, he's drafted great offensively but his defense has always been horrible. Yet, he does nothing to make his defense better. With Peyton Manning, you don't need to keep putting high first round picks around him. Peyton makes everyone better (see Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie, Tamme, etc). They barely run the ball yet the spend a 1st on Addai and Brown?

I give him full credit for putting a winning team year in and year out. But with arguably the best QB in the league, they have only one 1 SuperBowl and Polian is at fault for some of that for not building the defense to take the burden off of Manning.

Wow