LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Chris Mortensen: "49ers evaulating other HC candidates..."

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Take it for what it's worth!

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/36149/nfl-with-chris-mortensen

Quote:

Scott (SD):

Even if the 49ers limp weakly into the playoffs by some slim chance, is Singletary still gone at the end of the year?

Chris Mortensen:

Based on what I'm hearing, I believe that if the 49ers manage to win the NFC West with a 7-9 record and lose in the first round, then Singletary is probably out. However, if they should win a playoff game - and consider how many tight games they lost against good teams - then he could save his job. Right now, word is they are evaluating other head coach candidates in case they make a move. Again, I'm not advocating a change but reading the tea leaves on this one.
Ya think
This is good. I really feel that Jed is working real hard right now and doing his homework. I know everyone hates the Yorks, but Jed is different, IMO. He basically worships his uncle Eddie D. Eddie D said changes were coming to the Niners, and I feel that they sure as hell are preparing for those changes.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I don't see how this is news at all, he is just saying what every fan is saying.
I can't drink any kool aid unless the team wins 2 PLAYOFF GAMES ,even then i reserve the right to puke it up at any time
I've always had the thought in the back of my head that Jed would never fire Sing. this article is such a relief. thank god hes attempting.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
I can't drink any kool aid unless the team wins 2 PLAYOFF GAMES ,even then i reserve the right to puke it up at any time

LOL!
  • nooj
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
This is good. I really feel that Jed is working real hard right now and doing his homework. I know everyone hates the Yorks, but Jed is different, IMO. He basically worships his uncle Eddie D. Eddie D said changes were coming to the Niners, and I feel that they sure as hell are preparing for those changes.

Being a niner fan, even the biggest one, even growing up around legends, means absolutely jack. How does being a 49er fan make you better at your job. Nothing Jed has done so far shows me he's "doing his homework". He's the worst owner/president in the league.
Requirements.

~ Defensive minded coach.
~ No Head Coach experience necessary.
~ The less of the clue you have on how to develop QB's the better.
~ Must come cheap.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Requirements.

~ Must come cheap.

Originally posted by Sims84:
Requirements.

~ Must come cheap.

Jason LaCanfora also reported on NFLN that multiple teams will be looking at the Giants DC Perry Fewell for a HC Job.
Requirements.

~ Must come cheap.

I think I have most of those qualifications, as does most of us here on the zone I think.....so who is applying?
Requirements.

~ Must come cheap.

When Jed goes and spends some serious money on a good offensive minded guy what are you going to complain about?
I sure hope Jed gets an offensive coach!
Share 49ersWebzone