LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

PLAYOFFS=Fools gold

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
football believe it or not guys, is a business.

No matter what, playoffs is a good thing for the 49ers.

Its more exposure, more revenue, more concessions sells, more parking lot passes sales, more jersey sales etc etc etc. plus all that helps towards the getting the new stadium effort.

you should appreciate the fact that we may make the playoffs because like it or not, it helps the team/business long term

Especially if, and big if, we can win the first round against an above 10 win team like the Saints. We played well w/o the mistakes the first game. There could be an upset and the pigs could fly. Still...

Can you imagine the media blitz on a 7-9 team going to divisionals? That would be exposure.

Now let's get moving...nothing to see here.

That could end up biting us in the ass. With the divisionals, now you have the media all over Sing and his philosophy.........all of a sudden, Sing's on to something; his message is strong, the players are buying into it. Now Jed starts having second thoughts...........as would 75% of the fanbase, who now think Alex Smith deserves a lucrative contract......

Hey, dont get me wrong. Im just as starved for a postseason appearance as the next guy. As long as it still doesnt change the fact that both Sing and Alex will be tossed at season's end.......
I don't think some fans understand the long term damage they are doing to the team by hoping they win and making the playoffs.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
I don't think some fans understand the long term damage they are doing to the team by hoping they win and making the playoffs.

agreed
Originally posted by phresh:

agreed

We are only one good coach away from something great, Playoffs wouldnt hurt us
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

agreed

So you think this team is a coach away from GREATNESS? I want some of whatever you're having!
Originally posted by Gavintech:

agreed

So you think this team is a coach away from GREATNESS? I want some of whatever you're having!

1 good coach + 1 good QB = Superbowl

agreed

Sure. And are either of them going to be playing on the Oline or in the Secondary? If not a great coach and great QB will only make the team a little bit better.

agreed

we are pretty much the same team last year..and we just missed the playoffs in 09...Sing f'd it up this year by holding the O back once again.

agreed

Listen SON! we got to rookies on the Oline we will have a solid O Line for the future

Sure. And are either of them going to be playing on the Oline or in the Secondary? If not a great coach and great QB will only make the team a little bit better.

No kidding...a losing team in the playoffs means were not really that good. Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
No kidding...a losing team in the playoffs means were not really that good. Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea.

are you rubbernecking me????????
  • krizay
  • Veteran
There's 2 positives to us "backing in" to the playoffs. 1. It may light a fire under our guys' arses to want to get back there again. 2. It may be enough to lure a top coach.

If we don't make the playoffs in a horrible division that can't look good to a top coach wanting to come here. But if we do make it, who knows we may put up a fight and show some heart and the "next great coach" may think "you know, a couple pieces here and there and I can win with this team."

There stands a good chance we'll play either the Saints or Eagles in round 1 AT HOME and we already played both of them tough once this year. It may be what this team needs *gulp* going forward.

With that said, I doubt it happens.
Originally posted by valrod33:
This aint phresh

That's phresh

Yeah, fans hoping to make it to the playoffs. That's what's f**king this team up!
Share 49ersWebzone