There are 238 users in the forums

PLAYOFFS=Fools gold

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The purpose of sports is to WIN. This thread is ridiculous bordering on ridonkulous.
We're winning the Super Bowl
Originally posted by King49er:
We're winning the Super Bowl

I like your change of mind.
Originally posted by jrg:
NinerTalk

All this "I think long term" bulls**t is annoying. If you want the 49ers to lose then GTFO. Plain and simple.

All you dudes rooting for top draft picks and s**t..you kidding me? When did top draft picks = success? Look at the Patriots. They just draft correctly. They make good moves. That what we need. Who is going to want to come to the 49ers if we're constantly picking in the top 10 of the NFL Draft? Huh? Nobody. Plus...remember the last time we had an AWESOME draft spot? #1? Alex Smith? Ring a bell? Get a clue people. Top draft picks, coaches leaving, all the garbage some of you like to cling to is pathetic. You root for your team to win. Every week. Regardless of the circumstances.

/rant.

WORD!!!!! Top draft picks got us Alex Smith.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by sc49ers22:
NinerTalk

All this "I think long term" bulls**t is annoying. If you want the 49ers to lose then GTFO. Plain and simple.

All you dudes rooting for top draft picks and s**t..you kidding me? When did top draft picks = success? Look at the Patriots. They just draft correctly. They make good moves. That what we need. Who is going to want to come to the 49ers if we're constantly picking in the top 10 of the NFL Draft? Huh? Nobody. Plus...remember the last time we had an AWESOME draft spot? #1? Alex Smith? Ring a bell? Get a clue people. Top draft picks, coaches leaving, all the garbage some of you like to cling to is pathetic. You root for your team to win. Every week. Regardless of the circumstances.

/rant.

So true..............
football believe it or not guys, is a business.

No matter what, playoffs is a good thing for the 49ers.

Its more exposure, more revenue, more concessions sells, more parking lot passes sales, more jersey sales etc etc etc. plus all that helps towards the getting the new stadium effort.

you should appreciate the fact that we may make the playoffs because like it or not, it helps the team/business long term
Originally posted by phresh:
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The 49ers going to the playoffs is fools gold

A bad team in the playoffs does not make that team good it shows a flaw in our playoff system.

Here's what's on the table:

1. Have a bad enough record to get a top 5 pick

or

2. win out make the "playoffs" get DISMANTLED by the Saints, Here a collective I told you so from the world and pick 21st over all... ohhh and Fire our head coach all while returning to our old decrepit stadium because no one thinks where good enough or worth building a new stadium for!

I choose to Win out and to trade up, get a new GM, coach and do whatever it takes to get us back to the glory days.

Actually going to the playoffs does make a team better by giving them confidence. Well-documented that winning breeds more winning.

No coach in the NFL can boost more players confidence then the motivational speaker Mike Singletary! he had the team believing they were Superbowl contenders from day one! but Passion with out Knowledge is like Faith without works ,DEAD!

As proof of this (apologies I posted in another thread as well)

Motivational quote about QB situation from today - Mike Singletary:

Quote:
"The only real advantage that we could have is to go there and play well," he said. "All that other stuff is cat and mouse stuff." So why not announce the starter? "Because it's something that I don't really want to announce right now."

You ever notice that Sing never truly answers questions, WHY?..... Because he doesn't have any answers at all!

He's still checking the film and regrouping from getting our tails whipped.

1) Fire Singletary and hire a new HC
2) Draft a QB and/or sign McNabb since he is obviously going to get cut. Or....deal for Kolb. Both QBs have been in Andy Reid's West Coast scheme.
3) Draft a QB and punch Nate Clements in the face. He is not even close to the retarded deal he got.

In the mean time start Troy. F#$K Alex.... he is like warm throw up to watch....
NinerTalk

ALEX Smith was NEVER and Never will be worth of a 1st overall pick, If I remember clearly no other team was even wiling to trade up to get him. we had to pick him and hope that maybe he would be the opposite of Ryan Leaf but we EPICALLY FAILED!!!!!

Now this year there will be QBs that if placed in the 2005 draft with Ales Smith they would be picked ahead of him easily. so picking at the top is a good thing it just sucks when the QB prospect is Alex Smith

/rant.

NinerTalk

ALEX Smith was NEVER and Never will be worth of a 1st overall pick, If I remember clearly no other team was even wiling to trade up to get him. we had to pick him and hope that maybe he would be the opposite of Ryan Leaf but we EPICALLY FAILED!!!!!

Now this year there will be QBs that if placed in the 2005 draft with Ales Smith they would be picked ahead of him easily. so picking at the top is a good thing it just sucks when the QB prospect is Alex Smith

/rant.

They also got us Patrick Willis and Vernon Davis and Mike Iupati...

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
NinerTalk

/rant.

True....VERY true, but to "WANT" to lose on purpose for a higher draft pick??

How did it work out for us? We got Alex, numerous HC or OCs were fired (Not saying that they were good AT ALL) and we as a fan base had 5 years wasted by holding Alex's hand. Oh poor baby....new OC every year....plus all of the money he ate up against the cap before he restructured. Think that cost us from picking up certain players? I'll bet it did.

When you are a good QB it doesn't matter who comes and goes personel wise or coach wise. Everybody said the Patriots were going to miss a beat when moss left and the offense would suffer.....guess what? Tom Brady hasn't missed a beat since Moss left. He found other options open.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't moan and ridicule others because they want the team to win and you want a higher draft pick. It's all gonna depend on who we bring in staff wise and who they think can run the new offense efficiently....it may be a Kolb or McNabb instead of looking for a QB in the draft.....
NinerTalk

/rant.

How did it work out for us? We got Alex, numerous HC or OCs were fired (Not saying that they were good AT ALL) and we as a fan base had 5 years wasted by holding Alex's hand. Oh poor baby....new OC every year....plus all of the money he ate up against the cap before he restructured. Think that cost us from picking up certain players? I'll bet it did.

When you are a good QB it doesn't matter who comes and goes personel wise or coach wise. Everybody said the Patriots were going to miss a beat when moss left and the offense would suffer.....guess what? Tom Brady hasn't missed a beat since Moss left. He found other options open.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't moan and ridicule others because they want the team to win and you want a higher draft pick. It's all gonna depend on who we bring in staff wise and who they think can run the new offense efficiently....it may be a Kolb or McNabb instead of looking for a QB in the draft.....

we need a fresh start
NinerTalk

/rant.

we need a phresh start

fixed
It is fools gold . . . kinda like Derek Anderson making the pro-bowl a couple of years ago.

I've been cracking up listening to KNBR today. They've been joking about how well the San Francisco 49ers 7-9 Division Championship T-shirts and hats will sell if this actually happens.

One guy just called in a suggested the title "Fools Gold" for the 7-9 Division Championship Season DVD.
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
football believe it or not guys, is a business.

No matter what, playoffs is a good thing for the 49ers.

Its more exposure, more revenue, more concessions sells, more parking lot passes sales, more jersey sales etc etc etc. plus all that helps towards the getting the new stadium effort.

you should appreciate the fact that we may make the playoffs because like it or not, it helps the team/business long term

Especially if, and big if, we can win the first round against an above 10 win team like the Saints. We played well w/o the mistakes the first game. There could be an upset and the pigs could fly. Still...

Can you imagine the media blitz on a 7-9 team going to divisionals? That would be exposure.

Now let's get moving...nothing to see here.
Share 49ersWebzone