LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Simple: Do you want us to make the playoffs or not?

Lot of different threads talking about whether we should make the playoffs or not. Lets put it all here
Absolutely not. If the Niners make the playoffs, it will only delay the changes that need to happen to bring this team back to respectability. It also leaves open the possibility of keeping some of the people most responsible for our current state of affairs (Sing and Smith). Can't do it. Can't even stomach the thought of it.
Hell yes!!! Even though this season has been difficult to watch I still don't want it to end. The offseason is waaaaaay too long.
No.

And before we get the people who think anyone hoping against the 7-9 playoff visit aren't real fans...it's looking ahead.

I'm tired of this team struggling every year to beat decent teams. This team in recent years has proven they cannot draft impact players outside of the top 12 or so.

We need impact players.
We need a coaching change.

Bring on the new regime and give them a better chance to add talent to this franchise.

I want this team competing for playoffs for years to come by EARNING it. Not having one season where cuz we can only beat teams within our division and 2 other sucky teams then getting tooled on in the playoffs.
Nope.
Yes. I want our team to do the best they can, no matter how ridiculous it is. I want them to win as many games as possible. Period. There's a name for people that don't feel this way.
Originally posted by "faceless":
I rather be the team that went 7-9 and made the playoffs than be the team that " couldnt overtake the team that won the division with a 7-9 record
yes.. its a new season if we make it..
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yes. I want our team to do the best they can, no matter how ridiculous it is. I want them to win as many games as possible. Period. There's a name for people that don't feel this way.
I had to sit through the Cowgirls/Redskins game on Sun and the idiot cowgirl fans were cheering like they were going to the playoffs. And sadly, everyone on this forum is whining about the possibility of the Niners making the playoffs?? Come on!! You people really suck!! I could give a rats ass what our record is as long as we make the playoffs despite all the miscues this past year.

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Rich people?

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 20, 2010 at 7:29 PM ]
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Yes, while it may be embarrassing to be the best of the worst and the first 7-9 team to make the playoffs, it's better than being the worst of the worst. For those who think making the playoffs validates the season for Singletary and his staff you are wrong because just like you and I know that we need a change I'm sure Jed knows it too, and if not then it doesn't matter because we're screwed either way.
Does anyone know what type of financial boost the team would recieve if it hosted a playoff game?

I just wonder if the boost is significant enough that the York's would not be as tight when looking for a new coach and qb.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
42% saying no.

Pathetic.
For those who don't want us to make the playoffs because of the future, don't you think going to the playoffs will help as well. The whole team will get playoff experience, and I think it will leave them more hungry to do even better next year. And Singletary and Company will still be gone if we make the playoffs, so you will not have to worry about that
Share 49ersWebzone