There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm confused on our playoff situation

We will beat the Rams on the road to take control of the division and them come home to play the Cardinals. We will end up making the Cardinals look like Brady and the Patriots....
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If there's a three way tied between 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams. We would take the division because we have the best divisional opponents record. Of course we can't lose any of the next two games.

What about someone winning the division at 6-10... is that possible?

Nope. Seahawks play the Rams week 17. One of them would end up with 7 wins.

I believe. in a three-way tie, head-to-head record is the primary tiebreaker. Which the 49ers would also own.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/29724/definitive-nfc-west-playoff-scenarios
2010 NFL Playoff Machine
  • 49ers
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btwagner:
We will beat the Rams on the road to take control of the division and them come home to play the Cardinals. We will end up making the Cardinals look like Brady and the Patriots....

Sadly, this. It's been our story the last many years.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
How the heck are people still confused?

Playoff scenarios have been on this board for the past 6 weeks!!

This
Originally posted by 49ers:
Originally posted by btwagner:

Sadly, this. It's been our story the last many years.

Gotta get passed the Rams first. We'll just have to wait and see how bad the niners want it.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Let me make it easier for those that are confused... We are 5-9 going into STL who is 6-8, If we win, we'll be 6-9 along with the Rams. Now the Seahawks who are also 6-8 play the Bucs in Tampa. If the Bucs win, it'll be a 3 way tie between us, Rams, and Seahawks all with 6-9 records. Now, Week 17 if we beat the Cards, we finish the regular season with a 7-9 record.

Rams VS Seahawks Week 17, both at 6-9. Now it wouldn't matter who wins this game because we'd have the better overall record within the division. 49ers in the Playoffs. Someone please correct me if i missed anything.

You are correct but you did not make it easier.

I tried

I'm trying to see where this is difficult to follow.
Originally posted by mayo49:
If we win our two remaining games and the Seahawks lose one of their two remaining games, we are NFC West Chumps.

this guy has it..dont know wut u other guys are talkin about
The only question I have is will Jed still have the huevos to fire Singletary if they end up winning the division. Something tells me he won't, but I hope I'm wrong. All of which is why part of me wants to see the Rams win Sunday...it'd put an end to this seemingly endless hanging on by a thread and most likely ensure Singletary gets the axe with at best a 6-10 record. It's not just about this season...it's about the future of the franchise, and with a true visionary GM and head coach, the team would be far better off than winning the division now at a paltry 7-9.