LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

I'm confused on our playoff situation

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought that if St. Louis or Seattle get one more win then we're out. They play eachother week 17, so wouldn't that mean we're out since one of them will win?
Originally posted by bracus:
I thought that if St. Louis or Seattle get one more win then we're out. They play eachother week 17, so wouldn't that mean we're out since one of them will win?

We need Seattle to lose once, then we will be tied with them IF we beat the rams.
As pathetic as this is -- the other teams in the NFC West are so stinking bad that we might win this division.

I can't believe it.
We're down 1 game of the division lead. We have 2 more games to go, so do the Rams and Seahawks...
Originally posted by bracus:

9ers have to win out the next games against Rams and Cards. With our record so far against these teams these last two weeks should be a win.

Hawks go to Tampa, no way are they winning there and then play Rams at home. With home field advantage and the Rams Bradford last 3 games reading:

0 TDs
5 INTs
8 Sacks

Along with the Hawks 12th man advantage, we can put this down to a hawks win.

Hawks and 9ers will be on equal wins (7-8) so it then comes down to who has a better division record which would put the 9ers in the playoffs seat being (come the end of week 17) 5-1 with the Hawks (this is if the above all works out) 3-3.
I'm confused too... I don't understand how a team with a losing record can possibly host a playoff game.
Originally posted by 49erFan:
I'm confused too... I don't understand how a team with a losing record can possibly host a playoff game.

That's the NFC West for ya.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for ace49ers.

We only play in the system thats set up by the NFL, and the system dictates that division winners (not the division winners record) move on to the playoffs and host a playoffs game.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Dec 20, 2010 at 7:52 AM ]
Originally posted by ace49ers:

We only play in the system thats set up by the NFL, and the system dictates that division winners (not the division winners record) move on to the playoffs and host a playoffs game.

I get it. It was sarcasm.
Let me make it easier for those that are confused... We are 5-9 going into STL who is 6-8, If we win, we'll be 6-9 along with the Rams. Now the Seahawks who are also 6-8 play the Bucs in Tampa. If the Bucs win, it'll be a 3 way tie between us, Rams, and Seahawks all with 6-9 records. Now, Week 17 if we beat the Cards, we finish the regular season with a 7-9 record.

Rams VS Seahawks Week 17, both at 6-9. Now it wouldn't matter who wins this game because we'd have the better overall record within the division. 49ers in the Playoffs. Someone please correct me if i missed anything.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Dec 20, 2010 at 8:10 AM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran
If we win our two remaining games and the Seahawks lose one of their two remaining games, we are NFC West Chumps.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 20, 2010 at 8:12 AM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Let me make it easier for those that are confused... We are 5-9 going into STL who is 6-8, If we win, we'll be 6-9 along with the Rams. Now the Seahawks who are also 6-8 play the Bucs in Tampa. If the Bucs win, it'll be a 3 way tie between us, Rams, and Seahawks all with 6-9 records. Now, Week 17 if we beat the Cards, we finish the regular season with a 7-9 record.

Rams VS Seahawks Week 17, both at 6-9. Now it wouldn't matter who wins this game because we'd have the better overall record within the division. 49ers in the Playoffs. Someone please correct me if i missed anything.

You are correct but you did not make it easier.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

You are correct but you did not make it easier.

I tried
If there's a three way tied between 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams. We would take the division because we have the best divisional opponents record. Of course we can't lose any of the next two games.

What about someone winning the division at 6-10... is that possible?
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 20, 2010 at 8:23 AM ]
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
If there's a three way tied between 49ers, Seahawks, and Rams. We would take the division because we have the best divisional opponents record. Of course we can't lose any of the next two games.

What about someone winning the division at 6-10... is that possible?

Not any more. Since Seattle plays the Rams in week 17, one of those teams will have at least 7 wins.
Share 49ersWebzone