There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How much of this season is on our O-Line?

We all want to blame Sing, but how much of this season is on:

1. starting two Rookies on the O-line (can't think of a team that ever had success doing that)

2. losing starting center for the season

3. losing starting left tackle for most of season

With a healthy, experienced offensive line in 2011, we may just very well dominate people up front, regardless of who is HC and who is at QB. I expect Anthony Davis to be much better next year, and Iupati will probably be a pro bowler next year (bank on it).

Our O-line was dominated against KC and Tampa, I don't think we'll lose in the trenches like that in 2011.

Due to those factors, I expect Singletary to be back in 2011 IF we win our remaining two games, regardless of whether we make the playoffs or not...although we will probably make the playoffs if we win our two remaining games (highly unlikely that SEA beats Tampa AND
[ Edited by nickbradley on Dec 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM ]
  • ZRF80
nope.......not gonna happen

Sing is out........Alex is out........McNabb abd Gruden are in
1. Oline needs to improve and provide more time for the QB. Maybe a marquee FA would help our youngins.

2. New receivers. Crabtree and Morgan suck ass.

3. New change in defensive scheme. Sack Manpoopsky and the 3-4; let's switch to the 4-3.
Some. Our Line is not very good despite years of drafting guys. At some point you have to look at coaching. The Patriots plug in guys when there are injuries all the time and they perform like pros on the O Line.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM ]
Originally posted by ZRF80:

Alex Smith has outplayed Donovan McNabb in 2010...pretty silly comment.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Some. Our Line is not very good despite years of drafting guys. At some point you have to look at coaching. The Patriots plug in guys when there are injuries all the time and they perform like pros on the O Line.

So true...
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by nickbradley:

In what exactly ? the 2 point lead in QB rating ?
In addition to a bad football move, I think it would be a very bad business decision for Jed to bring Sing back. New stadium prospects are tough enough w/ a winning team, luxury seats won't sell, and on & on.

It would be a depressing business environment to back a loser. There is almost zero hope w/ Sing.

A new HC & [hopefully] GM would get people excited again. Frankly, if he retains Bozo the Sing we'll all need a shrink.

I think the two guys we drafted in 2010 will both be better in 2011...David will be much better (sometimes rookie tackles look terrible, then get much better).

Mike Solari is our O-line coach, and he is supposed to be the best in the game along with Alex Gibbs.

Heitmann's loss was rough too.

Chilo Rachal was a poor draft choice, Bass was mediocre, and I don't think I have to discuss Cody Wallace.
injuries cant be helped and always set a team back. rookies are rookies so we should all expect highs and lows. playing a garbage RG game in and out when you have another player who provides seemingly an instant upgrade is unforgivable
[ Edited by Allx9er on Dec 19, 2010 at 3:40 PM ]

Yes...why would you swap a 26 year old for a 34-year old, who both produce the same...and McNabb plays for an elite play-caller and has played in that system his ENTIRE CAREER?

I think the two guys we drafted in 2010 will both be better in 2011...David will be much better (sometimes rookie tackles look terrible, then get much better).

Mike Solari is our O-line coach, and he is supposed to be the best in the game along with Alex Gibbs.

Heitmann's loss was rough too.

Chilo Rachal was a poor draft choice, Bass was mediocre, and I don't think I have to discuss Cody Wallace.

OMG, 2 words DeSean Jackson!
Originally posted by Allx9er:
injuries cant be helped and always set a team back. rookies are rookies so we should all expect highs and lows. playing a garbage RG game in and out when you have another play who provides seemingly an instant upgrade is unforgivable

So do we address RG in the offseason?

Also, I recall some posts from the summertime that said we will struggle with two rookies.
McNaab has been sacked 37 times so far this year, 2nd worst in the league. He has been sacked 8% of his passing attempts ( in contrast to Alex's 7%). I suspect our line is worse than WASH's. In SF, McNaab would collapse.

There will be some who say that our line will be better next year, probably the same guys who thought our line would be much better this year than last. We saw how that turned out. Don't count on it.
  • ZRF80

Yes...why would you swap a 26 year old for a 34-year old, who both produce the same...and McNabb plays for an elite play-caller and has played in that system his ENTIRE CAREER?

Because McNabb has a proven track record. Smith does not. Mcnabb is a probowler. Smith is not. McNabb has excelled in offenses where he had little to no offensive weapons. Smith has not. Shall I go on ?