There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why was Troy pulled from the starting QB spot?

Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by ace130:
Troy smith shouldn't even be discussed in our option for a starting QB

nor should Alex Smith...

How bout you ZRF since you're such an expert. Think you got something left in the tank or did you hit the Pub too many times building that spare tire?

I can't figure out who has the biggest wood for Alex, you or susweel. I swear if you guys were put in charge of a Moving Van and Alex was getting ready to cross the street a block away you guys would probably get in a fist fight to see who would have the privilege of driving the truck over him.

Can you please grow up. Oh wait that would mean you'd have to get a life.

~Ceadder

Careful, Ceadder... don't let them tick you off to make it personal. That's what they want. You know... the big "T" word so often used on forums.
he got pulled cuz he sucks.

he had a few lucky passes, and a lot of passes that should have been picked off. Can't wait till this season is over.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

nor should Alex Smith...

How bout you ZRF since you're such an expert. Think you got something left in the tank or did you hit the Pub too many times building that spare tire?

I can't figure out who has the biggest wood for Alex, you or susweel. I swear if you guys were put in charge of a Moving Van and Alex was getting ready to cross the street a block away you guys would probably get in a fist fight to see who would have the privilege of driving the truck over him.

~Ceadder

Careful, Ceadder... don't let them tick you off to make it personal. That's what they want. You know... the big "T" word so often used on forums.

That's why I put a fun spin on it. It's no mystery where ZRF80 and susweel stand on the Alex Smith issue.

I find it comical that they invest so much hatred toward a guy that they even have to admit has been held back by complete lack of competent coaching. That's all I'm saying.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
It is unbelievable how little leeway any OTHER QB on the 49ers roster gets. Alex Smith is given an exponential number of excuses/opportunities to become an average QB while there is absolutely ZERO margin for error with our other QBs (Shaun Hill, Troy Smith).

BTW: Bradford's rookie season > Alex Smith's career.

Believe this, Alex knows the playbook better than any qb we have right now. But it doesn't matter because the oline is crap. You can throw anyone of our qbs back there but at this point the coaches want the one with better knowledge of the plays.

So you're saying if Bradford was on this team, we would be having a better season?

Yup

Say yup now! Look at Bradford's stat line vs. KC 21/43, 181 YDS, 2 INT, 1 FUM

Your yup = FAIL
  • ZRF80

nor should Alex Smith...

~Ceadder

Hit a nerve, did I ? Sorry, but your boy is going down........and I dont mean down to San Diego to replace Phillip Rivers.....
  • ZRF80

nor should Alex Smith...

~Ceadder

That's why I put a fun spin on it. It's no mystery where ZRF80 and susweel stand on the Alex Smith issue.

I find it comical that they invest so much hatred toward a guy that they even have to admit has been held back by complete lack of competent coaching. That's all I'm saying.

~Ceadder

Yes, Alex's 7 OCs were all garbage. His 2 head coaches were garbage. His 12 different oline combinations were garbage. His receivers were garbage...his TEs were garbage, and his RBs were garbage.

Everyone surrounding Alex Smith since 2005 has been garbage. We truly have held Alex Monta......errr.......Smith back.
Originally posted by Adman:
Do you agree with that move?

I don't think his play cost us the GB game at all. He had a perfect 50 yarder to Vernon Davis and he dropped it. He doesn't give up many turnovers like Alex Smith. I think it was his worst game he's had while starting for us but it didnt cost us the game at all. No one made plays. His worst game was an average game for Alex Smith.

The one thing I did notice is that I thought he would be a faster runner. But he is acually kind of slow. Alex Smith is much faster. I dont know why neither of them use this ability more.

Troy brings that swag and confidence. Alex brings nothing.

Because Troy Smith doesn't know the playbook and has no accuracy.

Running around in circles and completing hail Marys is not a game plan.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

I don't think his play cost us the GB game at all. He had a perfect 50 yarder to Vernon Davis and he dropped it. He doesn't give up many turnovers like Alex Smith. I think it was his worst game he's had while starting for us but it didnt cost us the game at all. No one made plays. His worst game was an average game for Alex Smith.

The one thing I did notice is that I thought he would be a faster runner. But he is acually kind of slow. Alex Smith is much faster. I dont know why neither of them use this ability more.

We have a gameplan????
Ummm............WHY? Cause he just isn't that good. This is Troy Smith we are talking about. Not to mention he came in late and didn't have the same amount of time to prepare like Alex.

Now, don't take that as if I'm some Alex fan boy cause I'm not. I do, however, think Alex gives the team the best chance to win. If anybody thinks Troy could've done any better against SD, you are mistaken.
Troy was pulled because he was figured out, if you think he would have played better than Alex in San Diego you are dreaming. Troy came in during the softest part of our schedule and gave us a nice little boost. He's got a cannon and great leadership qualities but he's even more inaccurate than Alex. Troy was horrible against Tampa Bay, holding onto the ball far too long and constantly getting sacked by a team with one of the worst pass rushes. Outside of hitting on a deep ball once or twice a game he is horribly inconsistent. He doesn't move the chains and when our running game is shut down he looks even worse. His completion percentage went down every game he played, his last 2 he didn't even complete 50 percent of his throws. Alex is dreadful, but do you really think Troy Smith would have looked any better against San Diego's number one defense? I fully understand your hate for Alex but stop kidding yourself, Troy doesn't provide the consistency necessary to be a starter. Neither of these guys will start anywhere next year.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by nickbradley:

We have a gameplan????

yes, we need more film....

nor should Alex Smith...

~Ceadder

Ceadder was banned! Guess who's next??
  • dj43
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

nor should Alex Smith...

~Ceadder

Too bad. He was a very knowledgeable guy who allowed himself to get baited. The forum will be the lesser for his loss. He had very good insight into the game.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

nor should Alex Smith...

~Ceadder

Too bad. He was a very knowledgeable guy who allowed himself to get baited. The forum will be the lesser for his loss. He had very good insight into the game.

If by good insight you mean defending Alex Smith like he were the next coming of Payton Manning? Then yes. "Better than Phillip Rivers". Nuff said.

BTW... I'm sure he'll create another account and be back. I will say I wont miss seeing him and his signature for a while though:

~ RottenCheese
in my opinion on this subject. that chargers game would have been totally different if

1. if we scored that td that alex ran or even punched it in on 4th down
2. if brooks would have intercepted that pass that hit him in his hands
3. delanie walker caught that perfect pass alex threw him, he could still be running
4. got that kick return for td from ted gin in the start of the 3rd quarter

if all of this things happened we had a good chance to win at least. but to our luck known of this things happened, so the final score we got blown out, again.

i think we should get a offensive minded head coach next season and keep alex smith and if mcnabb becomes available go after him hard and have alex as backup