There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why was Troy pulled from the starting QB spot?

Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Troy is not as good as Alex, or as ready to play in the NFL. The man who drafted him said as much. There are bigger problems than QB on this team, we need another QB, but we need secondary help more.

Are you fricken kidding me?? QB is the biggest need BY FAR, then we need a better pass rush then we need a corner.

He's from the Mike Singletary school of thought where the QB is not the most important player on the team.

I guess. It drives me nuts when I read those kinda posts. EVERY good team has a good QB. PERIOD! If we had good, consistant QB play this season we probably only have 4 losses IMO.

It takes more than a good QB to make a good team, it drives me nuts when short sighted people try to put a teams troubles solely on one player. Our offensive line play is inconsistent at best, and our secondary is atrocious. The biggest problems with this team come from the front office and the lack of football experience therein. So yes, I am serious, QB is three or four places down the long list of our problems.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

I think some of it is scheme, like maybe 30% and lack of speed and awareness at the defensive back position in general is a bigger part of the problem say 40%, but Mays might become better and solve some of the speed problem, he just lacks on the field awareness, and don't even get me started on Goldson. Lack of a consistent pass rush would probably be 30% as well. I have always favored more of a man to man defense approach, though if you have the right kind of db's a zone can cause coverage sacks and turnovers.

I appreciate the compliment, I try to be level headed and think about my responses rather than just spewing the nonsense that some here seem to think helps the discourse. I really wish the mods would do something about the asshats that are constantly baiting other posters into getting themselves warned/banned. They are the absolute worst part of this site and it would be a much better place without the degree of trolling that they do.

Awesome assessment of our secondary. It just goes to show that one piece really can't work to it's full potential without the whole.

I would also like to ditto his compliment and ditto your final sentiment. Unless you think I'm an asshat.

I love that word. Asshat. Do you use it often? I don't hear it often. Actually... nobody but me and my fiancee use it that I can think of. Weird. Are you really in Memphis? I'm not anywhere close to Memphis... where did the word come from? Had to have been that we were both abducted by the same aliens who taught us the secret knowledge of their species. Yep.

I really try not to be an asshat. Sorry about that.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

It takes more than a good QB to make a good team, it drives me nuts when short sighted people try to put a teams troubles solely on one player. Our offensive line play is inconsistent at best, and our secondary is atrocious. The biggest problems with this team come from the front office and the lack of football experience therein. So yes, I am serious, QB is three or four places down the long list of our problems.

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

• Shemp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

You mean that teams like the Rams, the worst team in football last year, can't be MUCH better just by inserting a competent QB? Incompetent QBs like Alex make everyone around them look bad, including coaches. Good QBs elevate the rest of the team.
[ Edited by Shaj on Dec 20, 2010 at 2:15 PM ]

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

Told ya he was good... WZ needs to make a list of those to bother reading from and those to skip through.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Good QBs elevate the rest of the team.

Yeah, go tell that to Archie Manning.
what gets me is sing saqid mid way threw game he wasnt comfterble putting troy in as he never got any reps during the week why i ask doesnt troy get the reps start troy if he is sluggish you still have a backup plan with alex as alex seposibly already knows the full playbook which would mean if troy stuggles we can quite easilly make ajustments by putting alex in and would make it harder for ramsw to game plan if we mixed it up and used both qbs

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

You mean that teams like the Rams, the worst team in football last year, can't be MUCH better just by inserting a competent QB? Incompetent QBs like Alex make everyone around them look bad, including coaches. Good QBs elevate the rest of the team.

You mean the Competent QB that is ranked 27th behind Alex? You make no f**king sense sometimes Shaj.

I think some of it is scheme, like maybe 30% and lack of speed and awareness at the defensive back position in general is a bigger part of the problem say 40%, but Mays might become better and solve some of the speed problem, he just lacks on the field awareness, and don't even get me started on Goldson. Lack of a consistent pass rush would probably be 30% as well. I have always favored more of a man to man defense approach, though if you have the right kind of db's a zone can cause coverage sacks and turnovers.

I appreciate the compliment, I try to be level headed and think about my responses rather than just spewing the nonsense that some here seem to think helps the discourse. I really wish the mods would do something about the asshats that are constantly baiting other posters into getting themselves warned/banned. They are the absolute worst part of this site and it would be a much better place without the degree of trolling that they do.

Awesome assessment of our secondary. It just goes to show that one piece really can't work to it's full potential without the whole.

I would also like to ditto his compliment and ditto your final sentiment. Unless you think I'm an asshat.

I love that word. Asshat. Do you use it often? I don't hear it often. Actually... nobody but me and my fiancee use it that I can think of. Weird. Are you really in Memphis? I'm not anywhere close to Memphis... where did the word come from? Had to have been that we were both abducted by the same aliens who taught us the secret knowledge of their species. Yep.

I really try not to be an asshat. Sorry about that.

No my friend, I haven't seen you being an asshat. I think the word comes from someone having their own head so far up their own ass that they cannot see the light. We have quite a few of those in the zone, you just have to take into account who is posting before you take any of them seriously. I do live in Memphis by the way, it is not as bad as the media makes it out to be. I have lived here all my life and have never have been a victim of crime, though it might be that being 6 foot 6 and 275 pounds has discouraged the criminal element from bothering me.

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

You mean the Competent QB that is ranked 27th behind Alex? You make no f**king sense sometimes Shaj.

Yes, he means the rookie who has comparable stats to Alex Smith, a QB with 50+ starts.
Originally posted by Joecool:

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

Yes, he means the rookie who has comparable stats to Alex Smith, a QB with 50+ starts.

Thanks for the clarification, now I know what I already guessed, neither of you guys make much sense.

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

Thanks for the clarification, now I know what I already guessed, neither of you guys make much sense.

Now you are avoiding the original point. Why is that?

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

The original point was invalrod.

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

I thought our QB's were invalrod.

OMFG!

I'm at a loss for words.

I thought our QB's were invalrod.

That we can agree on,lol.