LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Good things about this game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There is always a silver lining! With this game it is multi-faceted.
1. We can finally stop the crazy talk about playoffs. Even if we were numerically in it, it is even more painfully obvious we have no business being there.
2. Sing should finally be gone at the end of the season.
3. The Alex experiment may finally have run it's course.
4. We can watch the playoffs without being so emotionally invested and keep our blood pressures down.
anthony dixon and westbrook were running well then on our second drive we throw three passes then punt?!?!
[ Edited by 9ersvideos on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:36 PM ]
amen brother! clean house
This game didn't really confirm anything to me that we didn't already know.

Singletary - Weakness in X's and O's.

Alex Smith - Generally responsible with the football. (Threw his only pick on a desperate 4th down attempt). Doesn't make any electric plays though.

O-Line - Young and inexperienced.

Defense - Lack of a consistent pass-rush and/or solid secondary continues to hurt us.

Mistakes - Still there.
The end is near.

there was nothing "good" about this game that wasn't "good" about any of our other losses since the KC game. Every game we "learn" the same thing: We need to start over and will do so soon.
watch out you might get a warning for not putting this under Official Post game analysis
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
1. We can finally stop the crazy talk about playoffs. Even if we were numerically in it, it is even more painfully obvious we have no business being there.
4. We can watch the playoffs without being so emotionally invested and keep our blood pressures down.

Alex had next to nothing to do with the loss today.. So I don't see how that comment makes any sense.

The rest, sure.

We've established that our defense is horrendous, our mental capacity, discipline, and all things having to do with preparedness, preparation and coaching are all horrendous.

Nate Clements will be entering his 11th year next year I believe -- It's time to bring in a new-comer. Dangling Clements and adding a stud corner and pass rusher in the FA/Draft could be a wise move.

We need new players all around. QB, DL, LB, CB, S, OL, WR, RB/FB, K -- The only position we're set at is TE and Punter. The mock I've posted up in the draft forum recognizes these needs, and hopefully with the addition of a competent coach (and staff with him) helps us achieve what our team is capable of, rather than constantly underachieving for the talent level we possess.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:55 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Alex had next to nothing to do with the loss today.. So I don't see how that comment makes any sense.

The rest, sure.

We've established that our defense is horrendous, our mental capacity, discipline, and all things having to do with preparedness, preparation and coaching are all horrendous.

Nate Clements will be entering his 11th year next year I believe -- It's time to bring in a new-comer. Dangling Clements and adding a stud corner and pass rusher in the FA/Draft could be a wise move.

We need new players all around. QB, DL, LB, CB, S, OL, WR, RB/FB, K -- The only position we're set at is TE and Punter. The mock I've posted up in the draft forum recognizes these needs, and hopefully with the addition of a competent coach (and staff with him) helps us achieve what our team is capable of, rather than constantly underachieving for the talent level we possess.

Alex had alot to do with the loss. How about not willing to throw to his best target or unwilling to attempt to throw his receivers open. He suck!
The good thing is this, we have a good core of players and some very good young players.

Our biggest problem is we need some help a several key positions, those being coaching, QB, DB's, and right guard. It is possible also that we need to get our selves a real WR, someone that makes plays happens, and doesn't just wait for them to happen.

The rest, sure.

Really depressing...we are in the same re-building mode we've been in since the stupid Dorks took over...see a pattern here?

The rest, sure.

I agre with OTC, we are generally poor at just about every position on the field except TE and Punter. I think we should hire Chris Polian as our GM, it all starts at the top and we need an experienced, successful, credible, family name in our orginization. Sorry but the Yorks bring no football credibility, the Polian's on the other hand are only rivaled by the Rooney's and Jones' imo.

I dobut we can get Luck as I see Harbaugh going to Carolina (not far from his brother in Baltimore), and would pretty much ensure that he gets to continue to mold Andrew Luck. But I'm sure Polian would find us a respectable coach and probley the best OC and DC the Colts have waiting in the wing.
1) I had Vincent Jackson on 2 of my playoff fantasy teams
2) I had the Chargers as my defense on a fantasy team
3) Singletary may be fired by tomorrow morning
4) I was out to dinner so I missed about half the game

Yes.. a few good things came out of this game.
There was a game tonight?

You mean like when two pro football teams take the field, square off and play hard to win the game? Hell, I only saw one team look like they were trying to do that and it wasn't those sissies with the "SF" on their helmets.

There are good things about this game. We're only two weeks away from the end of Mike Singletary's reign of error as a head coach in the NFL and from him starting his new career as a motivational speaker/BS artist.

We're only two weeks away from a new coach either teaching Anthony Davis how to block or sticking his overmatched butt on the bench until he learns to. The guy is a joke and NO quarterback from Peyton Manning to Jim Druckenmiller could succeed with the Human Turnstile starting at left tackle.

We're only two weeks away from sending Alex Smith, Troy Smith, David Carr, Nate "You Want Butter On That Toast?" Clements packing. Trade him anywhere for anything. Worst free agent pick-up ever.

I'm tired of all the losing. Tired of all the excuses. Tired of nearly a decade of futility. I'm tired of having the Forty Whiners stinking up my living room.

But even more than tired, I'm like Phil Collins because I DON'T CARE ANYMORE.

Share 49ersWebzone