LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Do we even want to go to the playoffs?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why do we have questions like this on this board? If you question it, you should not be here. No matter what you want done with A. Smith and Singletary, you should always, ALWAYS want you team to make the playoffs and succeed.
no not realy, to shut dork about us makimg the playoffs & firing ding / sing
  • jrg
  • Veteran
is wrong with people?!

YES WE WANT TO GO TO THE PLAYOFFS!!
at least we know all people here who say no are true haters/trolls

so far OP and c niner
I think extending the season as long as they can would be pretty positive. I heard the NFL rewards teams that win it all with a trophy. Yea!
This is dumb. This franchise hasnt been in the playoffs since 2002, Why would not want them to make the playoffs?
I hope, wish, and pray we make the playoffs this year!!! How on earth can you be a fan and not want your team to win games .. thats backwards. Poor Takeo Spikes deserves it!
Are you f**king serious? I don't know about you guys but I'm only 19 years old!! My fondest memories of the 49ers are when we beat the Giants in the playoffs with Garcia and Owens. WE'VE SUCKED SINCE THEN! Idc what it takes....LETS GET TO THE f**kING PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by hubbyt:
I hope, wish, and pray we make the playoffs this year!!! How on earth can you be a fan and not want your team to win games .. thats backwards. Poor Takeo Spikes deserves it!

I'm not saying that I don't want us to go to the playoffs. All I'm saying is that tons of people are talking about us going and I don't think any of them realize that we aren't ready to WIN against good teams. Yeah we come close, but that's it. AND not to mention... THE F*UCKING TAMPA BAY BUCS SHUT US OUT AT HOME. The Bucs...
Chances are, the Niners go on a post-season run like the SF Giants.

Fear Alex Beard!

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Of course. You can't be serious. I will take the playoffs any way I can get them.

If you really think drafting 10 spots higher will alter this franchises' trajectory, you are SERIOUSLY overvaluing the draft.

If this line of thinking is just to get Singletary out of here...it is beyond irrational. IF (a huge "if") he is able to get a team that had a completely front-loaded schedule, started 0-5, with no real NFL quality QB talent to finish with ONE victory in the playoffs...he will have proved he deserves to stay. Is that likely? No, of course not. But if that happens, I will be glad to have him. Hard to hate on a likely 7-4 finish to the season. Sorry.

I don't care if thats not up to your standards. Its reality. Deal with it.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Yes, but I am afraid it will be tough to watch. Playing potential play-off opponents close in the regular season means nothing. We will get destroyed.
A lot of teams want to. But we are not going.
Originally posted by mannydawson:
Originally posted by hubbyt:

I'm not saying that I don't want us to go to the playoffs. All I'm saying is that tons of people are talking about us going and I don't think any of them realize that we aren't ready to WIN against good teams. Yeah we come close, but that's it. AND not to mention... THE F*UCKING TAMPA BAY BUCS SHUT US OUT AT HOME. The Bucs...

Thats why they play the games I'll take my chances if we get there ... we have been bad this season no doubt but we have taken 3 NFC playoff teams to the brink. we can put it together and compete with anybody you never know .. In your wildest dreams did you expect the Arizona Cardinals to make the super bowl??? yet they did!
Why wouldn't we? We become the perfect trap game at that point.
Share 49ersWebzone